Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAC make up

Options
  • 23-05-2008 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

can anyone tell me what, if any, mac make up products are vegan, i know they had a list last year, i contacted them about it and they have been an absolute nightmare, its taken 6 mails to get a response, then i was told to be precise and mail back with exact shades of what i'm lookin for,they won't just give me a list, then i was told it would take 10 working days for the chemist to get back to them with an answer. i can't understand why they do not have a list of vegan products anymore!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

that's odd. i've always just stuck with knowing lavera has vegan stuff. please let us know if you (ever) receive a reply from MAC :)

fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lil'one

Dear Ms. Lyons,

Thank you for taking the time to contact M.A.C.

We have contacted a chemist at our Research and Development facility.
    Please be advised that the below mentioned products do not contain any
    animal derived ingredients.
    Sheertone Blush in Pink Swoon
    Sheertone Blush in Breath of Plum
    Studio Tech in NW15
    Select Sheer Powder/ Loose in NW5

The Liquid Liner in Boot Black contains Carmine.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of service.

gutted about the eyeliner but i thought as much:) great about the other stuff though. found this great range of vegan make up- http://www.lush.co.uk/IndexB.aspx -not in ireland but headin over to london at the weekend, deffo gonna be my first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

There are two Lush shops in Dublin city centre - one in Henry Street and one in Grafton Street.

Don't know if you are in Dublin, but do check it out! It is a smidge overpriced in my opinion, but it's nice for random treats every now and then. Their "Angels on Bare Faces" cleanser makes very pretty skin :)

very interesting :) i forgot that lush were so vegan friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lil'one

I'm in galway, unfortunately we don't have lush:( does lush in dublin have the make up range as well? last time i was there theey didn't, still a great store though:)

• Advertisement

same story. i asked a friend and she said that they didn't sell it in town last time she checked. pricey old evergreen is the only place i can think of in galway for vegan make-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

The lush make-up range is B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful, and isn't available in Dublin as far as I know. I've only seen it in the shop on Carnaby Street. But def check it out if you're in London, I have some of their eyeshadow and they're lovely! They're a bit expensive for the amount you get, but they're really well pigmented and they blend well.
    Also try Urban Decay for vegan makeup. The whole brand is cruely free and I know they have a list of their vegan products on the website.

Advertisement