Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoke

Options
  • 23-05-2008 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

If this is the wrong forum feel free to move it. Does anyone know if the Ringsend chimnies still belch smoke, I've to get a photo (not a google image) of a chimney with plenty of smoke, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

The ESB chimneys? Its water vapour and not smoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

*Sigh*

Not everyone on Boards is from/lives in Dublin and After Hours is not the Dublin forum. And even then, a very small minority is likely to know about something as specific as the chimneys in Ringsend. Actually I lived in Ringsend for the best part of a year but I haven't got a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

They do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

It's an oil and gas burning station, so it will be producing noxious gases. However, they are subjected to a 'scrubbing' process which is kinda like filtering/catalytic conversion and this cleans out a good bit of the bad stuff. In relation to photography, I reckon it's unlikely you'll get a filthy smoke shot, though there might be something you can do with filters or PhotoShop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

Dudess wrote: »
    *Sigh*

Not everyone on Boards is from/lives in Dublin and After Hours is not the Dublin forum. And even then, a very small minority is likely to know about something as specific as the chimneys in Ringsend. Actually I lived in Ringsend for the best part of a year but I haven't got a clue.

But that's the whole idea of asking a question on a forum, to try and find someone who might know the answer. The OP did ask for the post to be moved anyway. Sometimes, some of you can be very far up your own backsides here guys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

vektarman wrote: »
    If this is the wrong forum feel free to move it. Does anyone know if the Ringsend chimnies still belch smoke, I've to get a photo (not a google image) of a chimney with plenty of smoke, any suggestions?

yeah they do but only one of them.....

Advertisement