Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be aware walkers in BB

Options
  • 23-05-2008 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard a woman was attacked last night while out walking last night. Gardai are visiting local companies to try catch footage of the incident. Harry Reynolds road near the canal as I gather.

Very little known about it at the moment, but she was pulled into some bushes by a guy.

Be on your guard folks, he hasnt been caught yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Did this really happen or is it just Balbriggan being Balbriggan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

It happened alright. But expect the Balbriggan-Balbriggan version to be a little more embellished, lets say..

The gardai are asking local businesses in the area for their security camera tapes.

Something else happened about a week or so ago too. It was sick enough for you to think I must be joking, but sadly its true too. Dont know what is happening to the town.

In not so many words - Man, nip, car-park, dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

How late / early was it?

The misses often goes for a walk in the evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Have you any proof it happened, hopefully all just a misunderstanding and a touch of the vicky pollards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3HfCTz74UQ

Gillo wrote: »
    How late / early was it?

The misses often goes for a walk in the evenings.

It was around the 8.10pm mark. The girl was seriously messed up after it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Abigayle wrote: »
    It was around the 8.10pm mark. The girl was seriously messed up after it.

How come no media?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

If the victim didn't report it, then the media wouldn't get wind of it.

Not meaning to appear insensitive so please don't take it that way, but if every rape (or attempted rape) were reported in the papers, your local rag would considerably bigger than it is. It's generally the more serious cases which get reported, not that any cases should ever be considered not serious.

+1

I was going to post something along the same lines Gillo, but never bothered posting it. Whats the point. Im trying to decide whether its a case that there are that many bull-shitters in the town at this point, that it seems nobody believes each other, or is it they arent satisfied with a snippet of bad news - it has to be a corpse (with pics) or it never happened.

I have solid proof, but obviously - I cant reveal identites.

Thanks Gillo, for giving the matter the seriousness it deserves. I thought it would be useful to warn local people, as it is a very popular area for walkers.

She was attacked, but once he let her go she did in fact go straight to the Garda station herself. They went to the scene and surrounded it with tape. It has since been removed. The following morning there were several Garda cars there fairly early. Im suprised nobody from here seems to have seen any part of it.

If there is going to be any kind of a mention about it, it might get a paragraph in the Fingal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

where is the canel on harry renolds road...??
    The poor girl, I hope shes ok, .
    cathy

The grassy area that is commonly known as Mill Pond has a water way running through it. Bushes outline this area, and if you can imagine the paved area running from the church car park bringing you up harry reynolds or the 'factories road'. It was around there.

Bout the best way I can explain it in print Cathy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Abigayle wrote: »
    The grassy area that is commonly known as Mill Pond has a water way running through it. Bushes outline this area, and if you can imagine the paved area running from the church car park bringing you up harry reynolds or the 'factories road'. It was around there.

Bout the best way I can explain it in print Cathy.
    Heard of Google Maps?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=balbriggan&sll=53.344104,-6.267494&sspn=0.196357,0.6427&ie=UTF8&ll=53.603695,-6.186617&spn=0.001525,0.006781&t=h&z=18

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

There's a lot of Dublin Streets in Balbriggan, according to Google....

Thanks I know where you mean now.Thats terible , Ithink the place is gone mad...I hope they catch him.
    cathy

How come no media?:confused:

I was wrong about the little paragraph in the Fingal. It got the front page instead.

well at least they got the guy.A youth??Hope shes ok and feeling better now .cathy

Advertisement