Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asparagus & pasta... What kind of sauce??

• 23-05-2008 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Looking for a recipe for a sauce to serve with a pasta and asparagus dish. Was thinking maybe some kind of creme fraiche and lemon concoction with mushrooms but not sure..

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

hollandaise?
    or make a white sauce with lemon zest grated in at the end of cooking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Very simple recipe is to make a Carbonara.
    Just add the asparagus (blanched) to the pan with the oil and panchetta(+mushrooms if you want).

When the spagetti is cooked to your liking drain and empty into the pan with the asparagus and meat then add an egg yoke, mix it in some pecorino/parmesan and some black pepper. Salt to your taste and serve

only delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Thanks guys.
    Particularly like the carbonara idea but try not to eat meat so may just be a creamy mushroom sauce affair...
    God I love asparagus and Lidl as I got a load of it there for only €1.19.

Yum, yum!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sc317

I'd be advocating a tomato based affair myself, maybe something as simple as grilled half cherry tomatoes, olive oil and lemon juice stir rather than a ''sauce'' as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

sc317 wrote: »
    I'd be advocating a tomato based affair myself, maybe something as simple as grilled half cherry tomatoes, olive oil and lemon juice stir rather than a ''sauce'' as such.
    Sounds nice,, maybe a bit of honey(half a teaspoon) to sweeten it up for the asparagus.
    Hungry now:(

• Advertisement

sc317 wrote: »
    Sounds nice,, maybe a bit of honey(half a teaspoon) to sweeten it up for the asparagus.
    Hungry now:(

Well, that's tonights dinner sorted.
    Go raibh míle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I'd just grate some peccorino cheee over it with a drizzle of good olive or truffle oil. Parmesean cheese is rarely, if ever, veggie friendly.

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    I'd just grate some peccorino cheee over it with a drizzle of good olive or truffle oil. Parmesean cheese is rarely, if ever, veggie friendly.

Slaphead o provider of fine recipes I take my hat off to you.
    Had this on Friday night and it went down a bomb!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭kikililly

I went to a food demo a couple of weeks ago in Olio and Farina (1 in galway 1 in dublin i think) They made fresh pasta and asparagus and the sauce they used was an asparagus cream sauce it was so amazing i've never tsted anything like it. They topped it of with parma ham toasted crisp in an over for a few minutes and sprinkled over the top....seriously never tasted anything like it before:)

Yippee!! There's one in Galway. Am seriously developing an asparagus addiction of sorts. :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement