Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of Conan today!

Options
  • 23-05-2008 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Well good morning to ya'll!!!!

Woke up thismorning and went to see if post arrived.. It did no copy of age of conan from Game (thank you very much Game!!) So decided to nip to local gamestop. Got my copy of age of conan and its taking forever to install (Depressing) So anyway. After its installed. Can I skip the tutorial stage or do I have to do 20 levels on the island? I done the pc system req and I pass it, which is weird because I run the test and it says i cant run COD4 yet i can play it on max graphics!

So what server ya'll on only pvp or pve?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

PvE is for girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

You have to do the 20 levels on the island, but levelling doesnt take long so I wouldnt be killing yourself to get to 80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭odarallo

huahua my guild from daoc is going pve :P

ahh Drak cool thanks for info :D

At the rate this is installing i wont be playing until tomorrow morning anyway :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

PvE is for girls.
    +1

Although i expect to get ganked constantly, especially by assassins. Assassins are like Rogues in Warcraft...i.e ****ers. :pac:

• Advertisement

Well im gonna try learn fundimentals on the PVE server first. Going to make a WTF ownage Necromancer. But still unsure how the skill system works. You get 1 point per level yet when i use Feat calc to fill a tree you must have like 120 levels or something weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I was all for PvP servers, repeatedly saying it to guys in work... PvP server, PvP server, PvP server.

2 of my friends got into the early access but I didnt... they first rolled on a PvP server and after 2 hours of being repeatedly ganked by much higher level, power players. Eventually they just threw in the towel and rerolled PvE where I'll be I guess.

They have a point though, I remember from DAoC where FFA pvp servers turned into gank fests and ultimately, whole servers just ended up being ghost towns. It'll be even worse in Conan where it is entirely factionless. It wont be like WoW where a minor conflict between two players could set off a massive PvP battle going on for hours. Instead, it will be roving gangs of guilded (or not) players ganking anyone and everyone with most players having little reason to group up against them and instead prefering to just move to a PvE server.

So personally, I'm going to give it a few weeks and see how the PvP servers turn out before making my ultimate decision. Leveling in Conan is meant to be very easy, so if I leave it for a few weeks I should still be able to catch up reasonably fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Ive rolled on Fury PVP and so far I found it a little Care Bear esk, I think only been killed by another player around 4 or 5 times (lvl 28) I expected far more grief play to be honest, maybe I should start the ball rolling by picking on some grey cons once they have ressed ... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well Max, myself and someone else who's name escapes me ( apologies :) ) had a run with a few gankers while in the underhalls all of which where successfully seen off expect once. They seem happy to only pick on solo people and even then its nowhere near as bad as people make out, often some passer by will bail on the ganker.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The key to stop ganking pissing you off is to picture the guy attcking you as the guy from South Parks "Make Love Not Warcraft" episode. This happened me last night and I just started laughing so much it eased the pain!

261457181_83009a8652_o.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement