Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 failing

• 23-05-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

I posted a few weeks back after getting the RROD first time I installed GTA IV.

Since then, the RROD has gone away and I have managed a fair bit of game time.

However last night, GTA kept crashing on me after 3-4 minutes, just locking up after displaying a screen freeze. After about 6 attempts, I gave up.

My 360 is probably on the way out but no sign of the RROD. Has anyone got any tips on how to sort this out i.e. cause the RROD to appear and not go away?

At this stage I would prefer to have it sent away to be fixed (then I can justify a new machine with HDMI / reduced noise / improved reliability to myself and sell the old machine when it comes back). Seems to be only GTA IV which keeps freezing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Just ring them and say you are getting the rrod and its eating your games. If they ask what game give them a Microsoft ie Gears. You can tell them that the disk is spinning if you open the console mid game also. Basically they will take back the console and give it a diagnostic and you should be offered a replacement game or "gift"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

it's not your xbox it's GTA itself. am having the exact same issue the freezing only occurs with GTA and all other games are fine.

you'll see many people over on the xbox forums with the exact same problem in this 55 page thread at http://forums.xbox.com/55/20012123/ShowPost.aspx#20012123

Advertisement