Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows won't install

• 23-05-2008 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Recently I had problems loading windows on my pc at home so I tried a repair install but all I got was a BSOD during the process so I assummed a faulty hard drive (see here).
    Since then, I managed to pick up a SATA to USB kit and I have been able to see all my files are still intact on that hard drive, although I suppose it is possible that windows is still corrupt? I also bought a new hard drive and last night I tried a fresh install of windows on this, but yet again I just got a BSOD with a similar message as before. So now I am wondering could my motherboard be fried? Do I need to flash the BIOS? I've heard this could definately end the motherboard so do I have any alternatives or is my reasoning way off and are these problems due to somethig else I haven't thought of?
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

I've had blue screens appear before over simple things like dirty media or a bad cd drive. can you get a copy of windows from somebody else to test?

when exactly does the blue screen occur? during the text phase of the install? after the first restart? after the cd key stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

is it a self build pc or bought from the likes of dell or hp?
    what version of xp are you using, service pack 1 or 2, even 3?
    I came across 2 msi mainboards lately that would bluescreen if you tried to install with sp1, the chipsets didn't like it for some reason.

Advertisement