Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drilling holes in my campervan

• 23-05-2008 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

I need to drill a hole in my campervan to attach a new door catch to the outside of the van and I'm looking for a little advice.

I know I can drill it relatively easily, but I'm not so sure about how the screw is going to attach securely to the bodywork and also how to seal the resultant hole.

I presume I will need some of that sikaflex stuff which I have left over from replacing the window some time back for the seal around the screw holes, but is there anything else I need to think of ?

z

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Ideally you need to screw into something solid so if you knew where there's a timber batton behind it would be better. Another option is to use bolts right through and put a cover over nuts on inside. That's what I did with Fiamma lock. You could drill hole and feed in some sikaflex which might be enough to grip screw when it sets. Is it an aluminium skin or GRP? If possible bed the lock in sikaflex and also try cover the screw head to avoid any posibility of water getting in.

Advertisement