Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bringing 360 to U.S.A?

• 23-05-2008 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Firstly, I know nothing about this region stuff whatsoever.

Basically, will I be able to bring my 360 to America and will it work (online also?)
    Are games over there going to be compatable?

What about power supply and TV connections?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

b
    u
    m
    p

d
    e
    s
    p
    e
    r
    a
    t
    e

s
    e
    c
    o
    n
    d

b
    u
    m
    p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

As you're desperately bumping I'll answer the bits I know about.

1: My 360 PSU has a rating of 200 - 240V. America is 110V. So you're going to need to get some transformer adapter or an American power supply (and I'm not sure if an American PSU would work in an European 360. It probably will but don't take my word for it).

2: Some games are region free. Others aren't. If you bring yours to the US you're going to need to buy games that are either region free or suitable for a European 360. If they're region free you can buy them in the US. If they're not you're going to have to import them from Europe.

3: As to whether it'll work in an American TV or online. I've no clue.

How long are you going for. If it's for a long time I'd sell the 360 and buy a new one over there. You can search here http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-bn-49-en.html for your games and this site will tell you if they're region free.

Thanks Mick,

I wonder of anyone else can shed some light on the xbox to TV connections on American sets? Il have a look through play asia to see what games of mine are region free.

Must have a look also for the power suplly thingy too.

Only going for 2/3 months, plus it will be in the height of summer so bringing 360 probably isn't the smartest idea anyway but Im going over to a few mates and It would definetly get some playing time.

I get the feeling that it won't work online there though, things like that never seem to be as striaght forward as they should be, but if they use the same ethernet cables then theres always a chance.

Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Online should work unless an American IP is refused connection on a European subscription.

If you're connecting to a CRT tv via scart you'll probably not be able to get a picture because the tv wont support PAL. If it's via component or vga it shouldn't be an issue afaik but could be wrong (fairly sure there's no issue if it's vga).

I would leave it behind though. I can only imagine bringing it over and it rroding as soon as you set it up. Buy a PS2 or something if you can over there and that should suffice. Probably be able to pick one up for next to nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

With the weak dollar it'd make sense to buy an Arcade pack over in the USA.
    Bring the games you have that are region-free and your hard-drive.

Good call.

Checked the region free list and almost all of mine are OK so it's all gravy my friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 the irish gamer

no
    no
    no
    had same problem ended up buyin 2nd xbox (returned other 1)

Advertisement