Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweded TV

• 23-05-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

WANT TO BE ON THE TELLY? WANT TO MAKE YOUR OWN TV SHOWS? WELL NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!

Sweded TV is a new series made by you, so if you always wanted to be on TV and you have a sense of humour, this is your opportunity to show off your many talents and have fun too. We at Sweded TV will provide the professional film crew. All you need to do is pick 3 TV shows that you love or hate and then come up with your own ideas to make a hilarious reversion of them.

Sweded films are the latest fad to hit YouTube, where normal everyday people are recreating their own versions of popular films, which they then upload on the internet. Sweding is do it yourself filmmaking and the aim is to make your own cheap, funny versions of films, using whatever you can get your hands on. We at Sweded TV will give you the chance to do the very same except we want you to swede 3 popular TV shows and if you are lucky, your own version of these shows will be shown on TTV on RTE TWO and the Sweded TV website.

We need you to form a team, (friends, classmates, drama or youth groups), this team can be any number from 5 – 15, you then need to jot down your ideas and think up some mad locations, cheap props and basically go wild: don’t hold back! Just remember that humour is key. We are looking for 3 ideas from your team and each finished programme will be 1 minute long, so make sure your ideas can work in that time.

This is a competition, so we will pick the top contenders. The deadline for applications is 6pm on Monday, June 2nd. Remember, to enter, you must apply as a group. We will need you for 5 days, sometime between 23rd of June to 12th of July.

If you’re chosen, David Coffey of Dan & Becs will be there at your shoot to help you make your idea work on camera and teach you how to make it as funny as possible.

Please fill out the application form online – www.rte.ie/swededtv, or else post the application form to Still Films, 69 Dame Street, Dublin 2. Any queries, please email michelle@stillfilms.org or ring 01-7071919. Our bebo page: www.bebo.com/swededtv.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

As much as RTE p*ssess me off, I'd be up for this.

Anyone want to form a boards team?

*EDIT*

You didnt need to spam forums by the way...thats just not nice. In future PM an admin or smod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

sounds sweet, i would do the zoolander coal mine scene!

Advertisement