Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRID Review

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ign

cvg

Cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

What a shame. Its seems a great game in lots of respects but the terrible handling means its a no-go. Theres good arcade handling and then there is bad arcade handling and this game has the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Gonna be getting this for sure now after the good reviews!

The review doesn't really mention too much about the multiplayer aspect, more info on that would have been nice...

The demo is very good & quite varied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/876/876137p1.html

Ign gave it a good review. Score a little lower but gives it plenty of praise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I'm more excited about this game than I've been about any game in the last 12 months... I can't wait to get it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The demo made everything feel too lightweight, not attached to the track, in fact it felt like they took Dirt and transferred it to the proper race tracks, I had been interested, but not now, I've got PGR4, GT5 prologue and loads of other top racing titles, this just seems superfluous, but, I expect the arcady handling to be someones cup of tea.

And one other thing, the preview shots in the mags were obviously renders, as the in game graphics are merely adequate, I thought that type of thing went out with the C64.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I will still be getting it. Yes its more arcadey than the games you mentioned above but its still good fun from what Ive played of the demo.
    And its cheaper than most new games as well.
    Its €55 on gamesnash.ie

Can't wait for this game... demo is class. Was just playing it, was in second n car in front had a blow out n barrel rolled down the straight.. Was sweet.. Slow mo replays are class too. Beats GT5 hands down for me, its just pure fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

I think the demo is probably the most played demo on LIVE, I love it, the gameplay is so much fun when people dont ram you off to win! :)

I have pre-ordered it from play.com, it says its being packed for depatch, does this mean I will get it before Friday??

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Hi Halo...if its packing you should get it Monday I would say!

Demo is pants btw ;)

• Advertisement

U'll prob get it on fri/mon... They usually ship games the day before release. I've a load of vouchers for Xtravision so I hope they get it in on Fri...

Completely forgot about the online play, must give it a go tonight. Its mad that some people can't stand the game. I think its fantastic... I've never ever played a game like it, the blow out last night was just unreal. It looked class, even the bits of rubber flying down the track... Brilliant game!!

pre.ordered from gamesnash myself about a month ago.

gonna be another 2-3 weeks before I get to play it :(

Sorry, but thats just pants!! :D

I mean, why would you buy it online if you can get it in the shops on release day, I know in the UK they always get it before release date or on the actually day, or would you reccommend a site that actually works, lol :)

I think he means he's too busy to play it... Gamesnash are based in Dublin, they'll post the game on Thurs so he should have it on Fri.

Gamesnash, what are they like? they a good site to buy games from?

unklerosco wrote: »
    I think he means he's too busy to play it... Gamesnash are based in Dublin, they'll post the game on Thurs so he should have it on Fri.
    I wont be in the country and I thought I'd be home by 05/30 :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

wasnt mad pushed on the handling on the demo

seemed ropey at best, which was a letdown coz everything else seemed bang on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

halolma wrote: »
    Gamesnash, what are they like? they a good site to buy games from?

They are a great irish site. There customer service is second to none from my experience of them.
    They are active members over at exiledgamers.com and they have a thread with lots of questions and answers here http://www.exiledgamers.com/bargain-trade-shop/14295-http-www-gamesnash-ie.html
    Ps I dont work for them

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

BFassassin wrote: »
    They are a great irish site. There customer service is second to none from my experience of them.
    They are active members over at exiledgamers.com and they have a thread with lots of questions and answers here http://www.exiledgamers.com/bargain-trade-shop/14295-http-www-gamesnash-ie.html
    Ps I dont work for them

But if he keeps this up he might get a job out of it ;)

Thanks for the positive comments :)

I heard of a new site called shopto.com and they are really cheap and send to ireland within 48hrs

• Advertisement

Been playing this for the last few hours and I really can't find fault with it so far... it's class

cool!!! cant wait to play it, though play.com havent delivered it yet, so may have to buy it and sell my copy when play send it

Heading town to buy it after I get some grub into me... Picked up rock band last night. Thank god its a long weekend. Although, if the weather stays like this there'll be no gaming to be had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

But if he keeps this up he might get a job out of it ;)

Thanks for the positive comments :)

Good lord and Irish based online game store :eek:

I think you may have a new customer ;)

Have to say I'm loving this game... The variety is great and Le Mans is fantastic. Might only be a 10 min race but its a pig. The one lap at night is tricky...

Anyone playing online??
    My live username is, strangly enough, unklerosco

Read that Codies are to release a patch for 360 & pc versions to fix some stuttering?

Is it that pevailent?

Just waiting to get home to play rosco!

I haven't noticed any at all... Runs nice n smooth. Considering the amount that does be going on is no mean feat... Stock car raceing is insane, there does be bits flying everywhere.

Has anyone tried the live side of things yet on this game? i'm waiting till i'm better before diving in.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

kaimera wrote: »
    Read that Codies are to release a patch for 360 & pc versions to fix some stuttering?

Is it that pevailent?

Just waiting to get home to play rosco!

Thank god. I was starting to think it was my 360. Happening a bit but not enough to ruin the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement