Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Exciting Young Prospects For 2008/2009

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

tdv wrote: »
    Lucas Trecarichi(Argentina,Sevilla)

born February 12, 1991

ssshhh you thats Capels replacement when we get 20 million for him :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

KdjaCL wrote: »
    lol

Also Capel made his 1st team debut this season.

kdjac

He amde his debut at the age of 16 as a sub.Hes palyed a few times since then and he became a regular this season.As hes only a few months younger than Messi,he'll never be the same player.He still has the chance to be a good player but I doubt it

titan18 wrote: »
    He amde his debut at the age of 16 as a sub.Hes palyed a few times since then and he became a regular this season.As hes only a few months younger than Messi,he'll never be the same player.He still has the chance to be a good player but I doubt it

Those 3 minutes 2 years ago really did him well, Jimenez took him back to the "reserves" after that as he wasnt ready for full on contact.

If you gonna use wiki for your info about a player you have prolly never seen, the not post option if available. Peronally i think Sevilla should sell him, jiminez is a cracking coach for the youths and reserves just not good enough for the full team and he knows it now. Capel needs coaching much like Torres did(and got at pool) i dont think Sevillas 1st team in its present state can afford him that coaching.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

You got that from the 60 minutes he played vs Arse in the emirates in a 3-0 whomping due to unfortunate events? **** me you should be a career writer. please do tell us in your 60 minutes of watching him what do you think he will do ? will he play for spain? will he play for sevilla week in week out ? will he develop?

kdjac

I didnt saying anything about his development..

You said he was super fast, I said he wasnt..

Most of the top clubs in england have atheltes at wing back, like Cole, Clichy, Evra, Lescott, Onuoha etc, you made it sound like he had world class pace like Kaka ( being so much faster than C Ronaldo )

Those 3 minutes 2 years ago really did him well, Jimenez took him back to the "reserves" after that as he wasnt ready for full on contact.

If you gonna use wiki for your info about a player you have prolly never seen, the not post option if available. Peronally i think Sevilla should sell him, jiminez is a cracking coach for the youths and reserves just not good enough for the full team and he knows it now. Capel needs coaching much like Torres did(and got at pool) i dont think Sevillas 1st team in its present state can afford him that coaching.

kdjac
    What are you on about 2 years.It was 4.He'll never be a world class player even if he gets good coaching.He's too lightweight to play in the Premiership.He'd be destroyed by the top defenders and his speed isnt exactly so blistering that it'll get him past anyone.He isnt even in the same class as Walcott so how can you compare him to Messi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Hes like WHOOOOSSSSHHHHHH fast!

Would prefer he stayed but Sevilla will cash in and find another just as good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmIheDWHf08&feature=related

lol wtf?

eze translate?

kdjac

Born in Albox,
    A future star,
    Diego Capel,
    The new pearl in the ??? (sand, I dont know cantera),
    Fighting game by game,
    And made the first team,
    Appearing for the U21's,
    Setting the world alight (not really sure how to put it),
    Has scored goals such as(never saw that goal, **** me it was tasty!!),
    Getting better more?,
    A nightmare for defenses,
    Fighting more than one,
    Sought by Barca??,
    Getting more fans everyday,

Banner is something about dreaming... =P My Spanish is rubbish like, ask An Citeoig, he is studying it in uni!

I'd agree that Capel reminds me alot of a young left sided Messi, but the difference is that Capel doesn't have the air about him that he'll could potentially be one of the greatest players of our time, whereas Messi has that swagger about him that all great great players possess. I've no doubt that if he doesn't pull a Navas (getting panic attacks when away from home), he'll be one of the worlds best wingers... Although, one criticism is his diving, he needs to do that alot less... =)

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    I didnt saying anything about his development..

You said he was super fast, I said he wasnt..

Most of the top clubs in england have atheltes at wing back, like Cole, Clichy, Evra, Lescott, Onuoha etc, you made it sound like he had world class pace like Kaka ( being so much faster than C Ronaldo )

He does have world class pace... He's ridiculously pacey...
    What are you on about 2 years.It was 4.He'll never be a world class player even if he gets good coaching.He's too lightweight to play in the Premiership.He'd be destroyed by the top defenders and his speed isnt exactly so blistering that it'll get him past anyone.He isnt even in the same class as Walcott so how can you compare him to Messi

He's too lightweight, what about Robben, is he a big brutish winger, or Ashley Young? Capel has more of a physical presence than Walcott, definitely, I don't know how his speed would compare to Walcotts because I havent seen Walcott in full tilt yet... His burst of pace is extremely similar to that of Messi's... I know who'd I'd rather have as a winger in my team anyway (between him and Walcott)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Capel isn't in the same league as Walcott? Bull**** my friend..bull****.

Walcott has done nothing for me to indicate that he is anything more than a useful/good Aaron Lennon type EPL player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Oh just to add its very hard to gauge a wingers potential. For me its the most difficult position on the pitch to be consistent and only the best survive.

Look at Duff, Jaoquin and Vicente being examples. All players had the potential to be the best wingers in the world but all blighted by injury.

Walcott has done nothing for me to indicate that he is anything more than a useful/good Aaron Lennon type EPL player.

That goal against liverpool in the champions league, Milan?

• Advertisement

Watch him next year as he'll get a starting position in the side.He'll be a fantastic player.All you have to look at is his run against Liverpool to see his ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

nathan delfouneso at villa

eZe^ wrote: »
    Born in Albox,
    A future star,
    Diego Capel,
    The new pearl in the ??? (sand, I dont know cantera),
    Fighting game by game,
    And made the first team,
    Appearing for the U21's,
    Setting the world alight (not really sure how to put it),
    Has scored goals such as(never saw that goal, **** me it was tasty!!),
    Getting better more?,
    A nightmare for defenses,
    Fighting more than one,
    Sought by Barca??,
    Getting more fans everyday,

Banner is something about dreaming... =P My Spanish is rubbish like, ask An Citeoig, he is studying it in uni!

I'd agree that Capel reminds me alot of a young left sided Messi, but the difference is that Capel doesn't have the air about him that he'll could potentially be one of the greatest players of our time, whereas Messi has that swagger about him that all great great players possess. I've no doubt that if he doesn't pull a Navas (getting panic attacks when away from home), he'll be one of the worlds best wingers... Although, one criticism is his diving, he needs to do that alot less... =)

He's too lightweight, what about Robben, is he a big brutish winger, or Ashley Young? Capel has more of a physical presence than Walcott, definitely, I don't know how his speed would compare to Walcotts because I havent seen Walcott in full tilt yet... His burst of pace is extremely similar to that of Messi's... I know who'd I'd rather have as a winger in my team anyway (between him and Walcott)...

Cheers thanks,i reckon his brother made it or something like.

Barca dont seem to be biting at him, prolyl more so to Sevillas price of 20mil and having Duda reassess his life choices, Navas lol cant go anywhere but whats the point in only having a player who plays at home. Would imagine Capels and possibly Navas moves depend on the new manager.

Suppose you could throw Navas into the Young prospects thread if he didnt get homesick and have fits when he left Seville. Hes far better than Capel but right sided and ehh has "issues" :D

kdjac

Evidence?

In the game against Arsenal he was up against 2 full backs with world class pace and he was easily out paced..

That is not ridiculously pacey..

Evidence?

In the game against Arsenal he was up against 2 full backs with world class pace and he was easily out paced..

Seriously you have no clue about this lad, he played an hour vs arsenal in a game they were murdered 3-0 just weeks after their team mate Puerta died on the pitch, we lost 7 of our next 10 gamesafter that. have you watched him in la Liga at any time this season? The same team Sevilla murdered/slaughtered/raped arsenal 3-1 without him a few months later.

So maybe Clichy and Sagna are not players you should use to measure a player?

Which one of those superstars made the squad for euro 2008?

kdjac

Im measuring his speed against Clichy and Sagna thats it, he doesnt compare but few do..

Have watched him a few times and he looks a talent, all im saying is his speed is nothing to shout about...

• Advertisement

Cheers thanks,i reckon his brother made it or something like.

Barca dont seem to be biting at him, prolyl more so to Sevillas price of 20mil and having Duda reassess his life choices, Navas lol cant go anywhere but whats the point in only having a player who plays at home. Would imagine Capels and possibly Navas moves depend on the new manager.

Supoose you could throw Navas into the Yoing prospects thread if he didnt get homesick and have fits when he left Seville.

kdjac

Seville will always produce quality players through there current youth policies though, probably the most underrated youth system in Europe...

I really like Jimenez, but Im unsure as to whether I'd like him to manage Seville next year... There was so many problems that ****ed up the start of their season so maybe he deserves one full season with his own ideal transfers and what not to prove his worth.

Barca will be buying Keita and Alves for about 40 million... Fabiano will leave because of his feud with Jimenez, I think Capel will stay another season... That means they'll be holding onto their core of Kanoute, Capel, Adriano, Navarro... Such a pity about Puerta, he was going to be a great servant for the club...

Do you think they'll get rid of Chevanton? Weren't they trying to flog him off last summer/winter?

What Im worried about if Barca sign Alves, is that when he's bombing up and down the right if he'll take away from some of Messi's mazey runs, Alves ideally likes having all of the right side to himself...
    Evidence?

Do you watch La Liga regularly? If you have, you'll see that in a team with Fabiano, Kanoute and Alves, you could definitely make a case for Capel being Sevilles most impressive player this season, he would be the best improved young player in la liga bar Aguero...

Born in Albox,

His pac may be similar to that of Messi's but Messi isnt exactly the quickest winger.Its his feet and touch with the ball that makes him a great player.Capel doesnt have that.Robben didnt last in the premiership and Young is very phsically strong.They may be small but they are strong on the ball,like Messi,who's tiny.Capel isnt strong on the ball.He wont be able to hold someone off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

His pac may be similar to that of Messi's but Messi isnt exactly the quickest winger.Its his feet and touch with the ball that makes him a great player.Capel doesnt have that.Robben didnt last in the premiership and Young is very phsically strong.They may be small but they are strong on the ball,like Messi,who's tiny.Capel isnt strong on the ball.He wont be able to hold someone off

I disagree 100%, Messi's acceleration is second to none in the world at the moment. Its the combination of his ability to reach his peak speed quickly and his amazing ball control that makes his runs so hard to defend against... His top speed may not be as fast as the paciest players, but it doesn't mean he wont skin them over 20 yards, which he does most of the time...

I guarantee, if Capel is brought into the right environment, he'll be as good as Joaquin in Euro 04, and maintain that level of ability for his career....

I disagree 100%, Messi's acceleration is second to none in the world at the moment. Its the combination of his ability to reach his peak speed quickly and his amazing ball control that makes his runs so hard to defend against... His top speed may not be as fast as the paciest players, but it doesn't mean he wont skin them over 20 yards, which he does most of the time...

Not really,Ronaldo,Walcott,Evra,Martins,HenryAgbonlahor and Ivica Olic along with many others are much faster than him.

Ronaldo,henry and Walcott are much faster on the ball aswell

• Advertisement

Agree to disagree so mate...

Seville will always produce quality players through there current youth policies though, probably the most underrated youth system in Europe...

I really like Jimenez, but Im unsure as to whether I'd like him to manage Seville next year... There was so many problems that ****ed up the start of their season so maybe he deserves one full season with his own ideal transfers and what not to prove his worth.

Barca will be buying Keita and Alves for about 40 million... Fabiano will leave because of his feud with Jimenez, I think Capel will stay another season... That means they'll be holding onto their core of Kanoute, Capel, Adriano, Navarro... Such a pity about Puerta, he was going to be a great servant for the club...

Do you think they'll get rid of Chevanton? Weren't they trying to flog him off last summer/winter?

What Im worried about if Barca sign Alves, is that when he's bombing up and down the right if he'll take away from some of Messi's mazey runs, Alves ideally likes having all of the right side to himself...

Do you watch La Liga regularly? If you have, you'll see that in a team with Fabiano, Kanoute and Alves, you could definitely make a case for Capel being Sevilles most impressive player this season, he would be the best improved young player in la liga bar Aguero...

Chevanton is like my hero , doubt you seen his goal celebrations towards Ramos when he scored.

Alves can **** right off, he doesnt want to play for us so **** him, Keita...you can **** off hes ours :D

kdjac

Chevanton is like my hero , doubt you seen his goal celebrations towards Ramos when he scored.

Alves can **** right off, he doesnt want to play for us so **** him, Keita...you can **** off hes ours :D

kdjac

What was his goal celebration?? :P

Realistically, the only reason Alves is still at the club is because he thought it would be inappropriate to harp on about his need to leave during the Puerta incident, which meant he was stuck with the club for another season... I don't like how vocal he has been about his need to leave, but I guess he's always been a bit of a flamboyant personality...

Keita
    Toure

Good midfield for hard away games, no longer will we see the days of Barca's midfield being over powered... =P
    Not really,Ronaldo,Walcott,Evra,Martins,HenryAgbonlahor and Ivica Olic along with many others are much faster than him.

Ronaldo,henry and Walcott are much faster on the ball aswell

This is what I mean, his acceleration, especially from a standing position;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OKMehuflsZA&feature=related

Ronaldo,Henry and Walcott are still much faster

Heres Walcott

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lj3e0Y09kHw

Henry
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=iWT7f_YI8t0&feature=related
    oops.Sorry about that

I cant find a video where Ronaldo isnt running with the ball to compare but we all know hes very fast

Ronaldo,Henry and Walcott are still much faster

Heres Walcott

Henry

I cant find a video where Ronaldo isnt running with the ball to compare but we all know hes very fast

Much faster? in all those videos their top speed is faster than messi's, but its definitely not much faster, and I still don't think their acceleration from a standing position is as good as Messi's..

Anyway, the day we start comparing Walcott's total all around ability to Messi's will be a sad sad day for young Theo...

Back on topic though, Aguero and Capel would be my two choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Melion wrote: »
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Daniel Sturridge yet

This could be his make or break year I think. If we sign a couple of strikers he won't get a look in unfortunately. He should have gotten more of a run last season considering our limited options up top. Certainly a massive talent.

Also keep an eye out for Vladamir Weiss. Anyone who wached the FA Youth Cup final will know who I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Galvasean wrote: »
    Theo Walcott.

Now before everyone says 'WTF?!!?' just remember he had a great finalé to the end of the season. If he can keep up the form for next season he could be a leading Premier League star.

Yeah, I agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Galvasean wrote: »
    Theo Walcott.

Now before everyone says 'WTF?!!?' just remember he had a great finalé to the end of the season. If he can keep up the form for next season he could be a leading Premier League star.

People said that last year...and the year before!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Tusky wrote: »
    People said that last year...and the year before!

People expected too much too soon he only just turned 19 last month afterall

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That's all well and good, but what has that got to do with him being out paced by Arsenal's full-backs?

Many of the players mentioned here may be prospects alright but not for next season.

• Advertisement

Much faster? in all those videos their top speed is faster than messi's, but its definitely not much faster, and I still don't think their acceleration from a standing position is as good as Messi's..

Hardly much faster... Ive said numerous times they all have a faster top speed, Im talking about acceleration...

Hardly much faster..

Messi's acceleration is second to none in the world at the moment.

:eek:

He left him for dead with the ball!

Messi has many gifts, but incredible speed isnt one of them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Arda Turan - Galatasaray - 21

One way or another this chap will end up in the prem next season. Hopefully the Toon can nick him by tempting Galatasaray with Emre, but I have a feeling the Spuds may nick this one on us as well.

Turan looks a real prospect only a matter of time before a premier league club snaps him up.

other prospects for this season

Georginho Wijnaldum - Feyenoord

Henri Saivet - Girondins De Bordeaux...maybe not until next season as he's still 17 i think and still only playing for the frence under 17's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

May or may not have been mentioned already, meant to mention him myself earlier.

Matthieu Valbuena...Marseille. not a teenager, but last year he started to fulfill the promise he has shown, Liverpool fans will know who im talking about. Well, they should, he scored against them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rETAki1k36U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeqr1FpDpz0&feature=related

the music is super ghey in the second link but it does have replays of the goal against the pool which deserves to be seen! ;)

Staying with Marseille, their emerging goalkeeper Steve Mandanda is looking pretty good, great reflexes and very good shot stopping. wouldnt say no to him!...eh youtube clips are few and far between but heres one, some of the saves toward the end of the vid are amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMjaCVkA5a4&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Seamie Coleman , Sligo Rovers (hopefully)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Its Ashley Young for me, what a class act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Its Ashley Young for me, what a class act

Should he still be classed as a prospect? He's been playing first team football for two years in the Premiership. I think everyone know what he's made of and can't really be a prospect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Fabian Delph - Leeds

Thomas Pekhart- Tottenham

what i've seen of him, he looks damned good but would he not be hitting 21 around now?

• Advertisement

For me next season is all about Alberto Paloschi and Pato, these two are going to be quality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Rodrigo Possebon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyways, spill the beans people.

How many of yous are forming your opinions on up and coming prospects from Football Manager 08?:p

SantryRed wrote: »
    Anyways, spill the beans people.

How many of yous are forming your opinions on up and coming prospects from Football Manager 08?:p

I reckon the guy who said Pekhart got that for FM07 because he's god like in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Archimedes wrote: »
    Rodrigo Possebon ;)

The boy looks a class act, but seriously doubt he will get a run next season with the likes of Hargreaves, Carrick, Anderson, Scholes and Fletcher ahead of him.
    From what I've seem, admittedly very little but he reminds me of Xabi Alonso, very composed on the ball.
    Really hope he gets a decent run in the Carling Cup and maybe even FA Cup ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

With the 7 sub rule coming into effect, I expect him to feature 10-15 times next season. I have really high hopes for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Archimedes wrote: »
    With the 7 sub rule coming into effect, I expect him to feature 10-15 times next season. I have really high hopes for him.
    I'd have loved if the rule had been the two additional subs had to be home-grown.

Wouldn't have helped Possebon really, but i think it would have been good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Tauren wrote: »
    I'd have loved if the rule had been the two additional subs had to be home-grown.

Wouldn't have helped Possebon really, but i think it would have been good.

or even if they had to be under 21's or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ched Evans - Manchester City

Quality young striker who averaged pretty much a goal every other game on loan at Norwich last season. Scored a cracker of a backheel on his debut for Wales tonight as well and has been awarded a new contract with City.

EDIT: And here's the goal -

Advertisement