Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking fine

Options
  • 23-05-2008 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

I've just been given a parking ticket and am about to pay it online, at the website of the council who issued it.

However, my car currently has a valid tax disc displayed but not an insurance or NCT disc. My question is, would the parking attendant have been interested in that and informed the Gardai accordingly, or is he only interested in issuing parking fines and nothing else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Only the parking attendant can answer that I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

they would have issued you with a ticket for the insurance there and then as they have the power to do so. They wouldnt bother just telling the gardai.
    I see it all the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

gibo_ie wrote: »
    they would have issued you with a ticket for the insurance there and then as they have the power to do so.

Ok, so being that they just gave me a parking fine only, can I assume that they didn't clock the absence of an NCT and insurance disc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

benifa wrote: »
    Ok, so being that they just gave me a parking fine only, can I assume that they didn't clock the absence of an NCT and insurance disc?

Even the guards don't care about NCT discs, I've had the current car 2 years, never put the disc up, been waved through checks umpteen times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Zube wrote: »
    Even the guards don't care about NCT discs, I've had the current car 2 years, never put the disc up, been waved through checks umpteen times.

the whole NCT is a bit of a farce by the look of it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Zube wrote: »
    Replace 'the' with 'many'

Advertisement