Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

final fantasy vii remake

Options
  • 23-05-2008 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

i reguard final fantasy vii as the best rpg ever made.not everybody will agree with that but i dont give a damn! why dont square-enix get their finger out and do a remake on the ps3.with the power of ps3 system a kick-ass job could be done.surely im not the only one that has this opinion? i think the final fantasy series has declined and should return to its roots

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

This thread rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I think this guys an idiot :(

Who else sighs at the idea of a remake ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

thomohawk wrote: »
    i reguard final fantasy vii as the best rpg ever made.not everybody will agree with that but i dont give a damn! why dont square-enix get their finger out and do a remake on the ps3.with the power of ps3 system a kick-ass job could be done.surely im not the only one that has this opinion? i think the final fantasy series has declined and should return to its roots

Dont fix whats not broken:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I remember ages ago there was talk of them doing this. I take it they never went ahead with it in the end??

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Dont fix whats not broken:cool:

While i agree with the above, i know, deep down in the depths of that unholy thing i call a soul, if they did release it, i'd be one of the first to start camping outside my local gamestop waiting for it.

They've been denying it since the technical demo was first released but they did say somewhere that it had been taken into consideration recently. Ah who knows?

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    While i agree with the above, i know, deep down in the depths of that unholy thing i call a soul, if they did release it, i'd be one of the first to start camping outside my local gamestop waiting for it.

They've been denying it since the technical demo was first released but they did say somewhere that it had been taken into consideration recently. Ah who knows?

Oh id be lineing up outside aswell but i feel they would only take away from the original

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

If they remade VII with just improved graphics (like X or XII), that would be cool, but I don't trust the current people in square to do it right, they'd only try to change something. Look at the film or Dirge of Cerberus or what people have been saying of Crisis Core. They're all style without substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

http://youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ

i always wondered why they made it, was it just to show the capabilities of the PS3?

[QUOTE=tread_softly;56034118
    i always wondered why they made it, was it just to show the capabilities of the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Thats what they said but...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

http://youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ

i always wondered why they made it, was it just to show the capabilities of the PS3?

Officially yes, and i think that was the original idea but too many fans took it to mean a remake for them to think otherwise. I think it was at the tokoyo game show recently that a fan was allowed to ask Tetsuya Nomura a question about anything he wanted and to everyones suprise, that question was
    "When is the PS3 version of FF7 being released?"

Nomura replied with the line that no official Square backing had been given for this but it was definitly something they were thinking about

• Advertisement

meh, i'd hate it.
    yeah, it would look incredible but i prefer chunky, polygonal arms anyday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Try Crisis Core - I loved FF7 and I think Crisis Core is amazing

i've been debating whether or not to get it, but i inevitably will!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I'm convinced part of the reason I love ff7 is the chunky graphics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Try Crisis Core - I loved FF7 and I think Crisis Core is amazing

Seconded!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Don't remake it! They'll ruin it. Did you see Advent Children! I don't want to see Cloud flying around the screen. :confused: It was fine the way it was. Let it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

I'd like a remake, actually. Even if it's just an update to the graphics. I loved the original and would love the game to exploit the new generation hardware capabilities.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The only way this should be allowed is if they remake it, exactly the same as it was. Update the graphics and sound (from any of the orchestrail albums), and leave the gameplay as it was. I know it didnt have the best combat system (ffx was much better) but i dont trust Square-Enix not to **** it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Burko

Crisis Core is pure fan service, and fantastic once you get a few hours into it and the cheesiness fades out.Ties up the FFVII compilation nicely

That should hold you over for the time being....don't you think there is enough FFVII **** at the moment?

What if there is a remake and its rubbish?...thats what FFVII will be remembered for.
    Likewise if its fantastic the original will be forgotten about by future gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

One the things i like most about the FF series is that theyre always moving forward to better more improved gameplay and story, it would just be a step back to remake a game.

Id imagine they might remake FFVII if the series was about to go under...maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thomohawk

carbonkid wrote: »
    One the things i like most about the FF series is that theyre always moving forward to better more improved gameplay and story, it would just be a step back to remake a game.

Id imagine they might remake FFVII if the series was about to go under...maybe.

i wouldnt agree that the ff series is getting better.if anything its getting worse.the battle system aint what it was and most of the original squaresoft team left when square was bought out.i would never see myself playing ffx-2 or ffxii as much as the previous installments of the game.

thomohawk wrote: »
    i wouldnt agree that the ff series is getting better.if anything its getting worse.the battle system aint what it wasQUOTE]

+1

FF were never a company that finds something that works and sticks with it, their always changing. Which is why i think there managed to make it to XII and still going. I think theres a chance for a really good battle system, some how mixing IX, X and XII together.

Sometimes it doesnt work (*cough*...VIII comes to mind) but im still glad they tried it then sticking to the same old ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

A remake would be made mainly to target the younger players that werent gaming in 97. To do it they would have to adjust the game to this new demograph a bit which could be a disaster to us die-hards. Oh and if they changed one note in the soundtrack I think I probably would weep bitterly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

Well...they could use the music from the movie. I always liked those...

Theres no way they'd keep the old midi sounds...besides it doesnt matter, there isnt going to be a remake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

Knowing the new square, it would prbably end up something like this (hilarious!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHlE48D3moA&feature=related

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Always preferred this piss take myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 thomohawk

it will be very interesting to see how square enix get on with ff13 for the ps3.i havent heard much about it other than there will be a few seperate games evolving around the same universe.O how i would love to see a return of the proper summons and a battle system that doesnt forget the games of old.anybody know any release dates??

Advertisement