Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matthew Fox "I Know How Lost Ends"

• 23-05-2008 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a96650/matthew-fox-keeps-quiet-on-lost-ending.html
    Matthew Fox has claimed that he is the only actor in Lost to know how the show will end.

Fox confirmed the news to the Daily Mirror and revealed that fellow cast members probe him for answers: "Yes, it’s true. They understand I can’t talk about it, but sometimes they’ll ask, just hoping I’ll blurt it out."

The 41-year-old, who plays crash survivor Jack Shephard in the hit show, also added that he has become a chess fanatic to pass the time he spends on the set. "I play chess against the computer a lot," said Fox. "When I’m shooting in Hawaii, there’s a coffee shop not far from me and I have friends there now, who I’ve made over the game of chess. I go there a couple of mornings a week and we’ll play chess. It’s the greatest game."

Lost, which is nearing the end of its fourth season, will end in 2010.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah i know too....

i swear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

He's such a tease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Sherifu wrote: »
    He's such a tease.

who me? well if you wanna go the full way let me know :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Damn it to hell. This almost certainly means Jack will be alive in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

why? he could die next week or next season only to have a flash forward or backward also we have seen a few dead people on the island

i just dont get why he even knows, what reason is there to tell anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Fox confirmed the news to the Daily Mirror
    Well that removes any credence that story had. The Mirror have a tendency to, eh, how shall I put this... lie. After the date and price on the top of the front page, you should dismiss every single word that comes after as an untruth, in that rag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

jor el wrote: »
    Well that removes any credence that story had. The Mirror have a tendency to, eh, how shall I put this... lie. After the date and price on the top of the front page, you should dismiss every single word that comes after as an untruth, in that rag.

The price varies and I would check the other papers on the rack for the date, just to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I hope he doesn't know, and I hope Jack gets killed. He looks too orange in that mens moisturiser ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Matthew Fox "I Know How Lost Ends"

Perhaps he'll let the wirters know so they can finally end this thing....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

yeah i severely doubt the writers know how they're gonna end this thing, even if they do, scheduling, writers strike, deputes with actors and 100 other reasons mean if they have an ending planned out at the moment theres every possibility it will have to be altered before Lost is over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Someone asked Terry O'Quinn his response to this on The Fuselage and he said, "I'm sure he thinks he does."

SP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Someone asked Terry O'Quinn his response to this on The Fuselage and he said, "I'm sure he thinks he does."

SP

lol that sounds something like Locke would say in the show!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

weemcd wrote: »
    yeah i severely doubt the writers know how they're gonna end this thing, even if they do, scheduling, writers strike, deputes with actors and 100 other reasons mean if they have an ending planned out at the moment theres every possibility it will have to be altered before Lost is over.
    All you have to do is look back at references from series 1 & 2 to whats happening now & its obvious every bit of this story is already known by the writers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

koolkid wrote: »
    All you have to do is look back at references from series 1 & 2 to whats happening now & its obvious every bit of this story is already known by the writers.

I don't believe for a second that Michelle Rodriguez' character was intended to be killed off when she actually was, and she was in fact killed off due to her DUI and community service conflicting with the show's shooting schedule.

to think that the LOST we are watching now is the exact vision that was intended by the writers in 2004 is absolutely ludicrous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

SP

lol
    <3 Terry

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

weemcd wrote: »

to think that the LOST we are watching now is the exact vision that was intended by the writers in 2004 is absolutely ludicrous.

Why? right from early in season one there are references to time.
    There are references to miracles relating to locke
    There are early references to things dont stay buried on the island

I think the story is planned in such a way that the charactors arnt as important ( we already know Michael Emmerson was initially only a small part) . Damon & Carlton have already said none of the charactors are indespensible. But the underlying main story is known well in advane in my opinion.
    Since season 4 ended I have watched the entire collection again & its amazing the ammount of stuff in early stages that makes a lot more sense now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Here's a new video (in 3 parts) of Matthew Fox where he says again that he knows how Lost ends:
    http://lostmediamentions.blogspot.com/2009/06/matthew-fox-interview-at-festival-tv.html

Obviously he doesn't reveal anything but I thought I would just add it here for anyone interested in what he says about season 6 and the end of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Not going to watch it but as I said in another thread my default assumtion is to assume he is lying or purposely got told something wrong. I see no reason why he would get told.
    Of course if he does know then you bet he is in the last scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

cooker3 wrote: »
    Not going to watch it but as I said in another thread my default assumtion is to assume he is lying or purposely got told something wrong. I see no reason why he would get told.

Why would you assume that? To be honest that just comes across like you don't want to believe it. ;) I don't think he would lie about it nor that they would lie to him about it.

I think it's clear he knows a lot and I'd say he knows about the ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

they get lost again !:pac:

• Advertisement

cooker3 wrote: »

Or perhaps its already filmed & we have already seen it :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Why would you assume that? To be honest that just comes across like you don't want to believe it. ;) I don't think he would lie about it nor that they would lie to him about it.

I think it's clear he knows a lot and I'd say he knows about the ending.

Why would they tell him? The more people that know, the more chance that it gets leaked. I can only imagine the secrecy that will go into the finale, informing him seems unnecessary especially a year in advance.
    It just seems to me more likely he is making something up or the writers are playing a game to throw people off. I don't really care if he knows, as long as I don't find out before I watch it I am happy.

Advertisement