Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to KK in 4 minutes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I enjoyed that, he made the journey so I don't have to.

Yep via Athy probably quicker. Esp when Castledermot is being dug up (yet again).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Stay on the motor way to portlaois and down through durrow and ballyragget. Athy can be dreadful

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bigmurt

i usualy go through port laoise myself . you get that extra half hour of motorway driving . although , if it's dark and wet , the stretch from durrow to ballyragget can be a bit scary . :eek:

abbeyleix can be a bottleneck if it's weekend commute time , dublin - cork .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

God, I wish I could make that trip in 4 minutes :mad:

Yes, Abbeyleix is a bottleneck but there is a back road that skirts the town :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

last few weeks i've been traveling kilkenny-castlecomer-stradbally then hit the motorway takes about 45 mins to hit the motorway seems quicker the route to me than others,:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I like the Abbeyleix route myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

rather like going Carlow to Baltinglass myself - no motorway but takes around the same time and its a prettier route - wouldn't go that way in the dark thou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

This is a bit inaccurate! Carlow bypass opens thursday, good timing for the bank hols. Shouls shave a minute ro two off the journey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Must have been driving a Bugatti or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

mfitzy wrote: »
    This is a bit inaccurate! Carlow bypass opens thursday, good timing for the bank hols. Shouls shave a minute ro two off the journey :D

took a spin on that road today to have a look at it. 35mins from Castledermot to Kilkenny city at 5pm. it's funny how 1/4 of the video is taken up with just getting though Co.Carlow. I always take the Kilcullen turn off and head for Athy-Castlecomer-KK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ that's pretty damn good. I think I'll go that way to Dublin next time I'm up to see if there's any time difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yep I did KK-Bluebell last friday evening in 1 hour 15 mins with the new bypass. Not bad at all for a bank hol at 7pm.

Advertisement