Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sully Again

Options
  • 23-05-2008 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Don't know who reads these but how do you complain about a Mod?
    sully has the waterford section the worst section on boards.
    He can say what he likes and has to get involved in everything.
    He bans people who don't agree with him.
    There is even a thread about him on another waterford forum.
    With any bit of luck he might post less and Moderate more.
    I wish he lived anywhere else but waterford.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

joe25 wrote: »
    pretty much here or helpdesk is the right place.

(although theres a right way to complain and a wrong way)
    Linking
    cool calm reasoning

these are good starting points.

personal abuse
    silly rants

not so good

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

He's only a mod there most of the content comes from the users. If it's such a bad forum then it could be down to the members who post there.

Any one can say what they like (well to a certain degree), what's the problem with that.

Links?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Links help OP- got an example?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Help Desk, PM a CMod (Dub13 in my case) or going to an Admin.

First person to ever make that complaint and I rarley see you post on the Waterford Forums. Even before I was mod.

It is a discussion board, right?

Examples? The handful of bans that have been issued were done because of:
    - Discremination (mainly against travellers, suggesting they be exterminated or using inappropriate words to describe them)
    - Personal Abuse (towards other posters)
    - Spam
    - Trolling
    - Ignoring a specific charter point.

All users are given plenty of warning before any ban is issued, unless they go over the top completely. Nobody, I repeat nobody, has been banned for a silly reason or for disagreeing with me. Nobody.

Cool, link?

Unlikely..

Oh so we know each other personally then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭joe25

sully being funny now thats a first(hope he dont ban himself)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

um,youre doing the feedback thing wrong

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

The Major wrote:
    I won't have that! There's a place in Eastbourne!

timeline_gallery_70s_col_danby.jpg

Now that that's out of the way, links?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If you're hoping to have Sully relocated to a more suitable town, I'd suggest you try somewhere other than feedback. The best we can do here is post as many cat pictures as possible in the hope that he has a nasty cat allergy and runs away. The correct place for such requests is Accommodation & Property.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Ah here now joe 25, i'm only living in waterford part-time and i post more there than you. Will ya come out of it like. What has sully done that is so bad. You mention banning, getting involved disagreements and all. Any cold hard cases to back these accusations up? He mods fair gets a lot of slack for no apparent reasons and yet still handles it in a mannerly way even when feedback currently has two threads "giving out about him". Surely there was no need for you to start a new thread. You'e making feedback disorganised now with multiple threads, the very same unorganisation you have accused sully of. Either back up or pack up them claims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

To the OP , As a regular poster in the Waterford forum , I think some if not all your views are way off. Sully like all mods has his good and bad points . His good and bad days . but in general I find him to be fair. As for your calms without links ie proof , Your post just comes across as someone who has a personal axe to grind .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Waterford really needs a university more respect for Sully. He does no wrong as far as I can see and I hope that the unfortunate coincidence of a few gimps acting up all at once doesn't discourage him.

Antithetic wrote: »
    Waterford really needs a university more respect for Sully. He does no wrong as far as I can see and I hope that the unfortunate coincidence of a few gimps acting up all at once doesn't discourage him.

Ha, thanks. :) Wont be discouraged, if anything ill grow stronger and rise above the few "gimps" as you put it. Tbh, its a grand forum. There are a handful who support each other and if one gets the boot, they all tell each other and before you know it you have a crisis on your hands. Same with this case.

stevenmu wrote: »
    If you're hoping to have Sully relocated to a more suitable town, I'd suggest you try somewhere other than feedback. The best we can do here is post as many cat pictures as possible in the hope that he has a nasty cat allergy and runs away. The correct place for such requests is Accommodation & Property.

I think my dear friend you mean Waterford City :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Sully wrote: »
    I think my dear friend you mean Waterford City :p

wow yeah good humour.

Advertisement