Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Rockband Accessories are Available?

Options
  • 23-05-2008 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

What accessories are freely available in the shops?
    Any sign of pedal enforcers or drum pad mufflers? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

Mr E wrote: »
    What accessories are freely available in the shops?
    Any sign of pedal enforcers or drum pad mufflers? :)

Butchered mouse pads FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just got RB and Drums yesterday....

Really need those drum pad mufflers alrite!!!!!!

Found this: http://www.drumshhh.com/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

I wouldn't get those pads if I were you, I got foam pads and they are pretty useless. They dampen the sound for all of 5 minutes until you beat them down so that they are pretty much flat on the drum itself, and then the material stretches and bubbles up, meaning missed hits and a drum that looks pregnant.

I'm waiting on some gum rubber pads to be delivered at the mo as a replacement, I'll post my thoughts when I try them out. For now go with butchered mouse pads or gum rubber pads if you can get them.

Oh and don't bother with the official RB pads, heard they are useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

a bit off topic but easier than starting a new thread. does the usb hub to connect up all four instruments at the same time come with the band in a box pack or is it sold seperately?

Thanks where do you get the gum pads???

Its bloody loud tho, can bearly hear the drums in the game, unless i turn it up high, 700 watt surround in a block of houses with poor sound proofing....no complaints yet tho....

As for the USB hub, think that comes with the 360 band in the box,
    http://news.filefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/rock-band-usb-hub.jpg

If is a pic of the real thing, then it will fit 4 usb controllers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Seeing as the Nerf Rock Band mufflers are up on the game.co.uk website, in my naivety I assumed they'd have them in Game here. The person behind the counter said there was no such product.....

Time for Plan B I think...

Plan B??

More mouse pads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I read a review that actually said the Official Rock Band Drum Silencers are meant to be the best: http://www.rockbandmods.net/drums/official-rock-band-drum-pad-silencers-review

Might have to invest in them as I mainly play my XBox between 10:30pm and 1am - 2am! :D

It was looking good till i read this:

"The Official Rock Band Drum Pad Silencers are a quality product that lives up to its claims, which is sound dampening with little stick rebound reduction. However, they can also damper your scores, especially with an EL set."

So No good with an OLD EL set which a few us have cause we just bought the drums....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ahhh.. cheers for that.

Might just pick up a cheap unofficial set on EBay.. and if worst comes to worst, I'll put a couple of socks over each drum to muffle the sound at night.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

CKWPORT wrote: »

I was just gonna suggest them!! They are available from friday, but I've read that most of these so called "silencers" don't work perfectly. There will always be some noise when you hit the pads.

I was just gonna suggest them!! They are available from friday, but I've read that most of these so called "silencers" don't work perfectly. There will always be some noise when you hit the pads.

Just ordered them....will let ya know what they are like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 val deez

anyone know where i can get any cool RB tshirts?? plus that peddle they supply is easly broken, i had to get a custom metal plate from ebay coz de plastic cracked!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jbrow

I had a similar problem with the peddle, kind of crap when you look at the money you spend, i should have checked to see was it made in Korea, and sold at japan prices!!
    Check out http://nuthreads.com/
    for tees, pretty sure i seen a few guitar hero tees there.

Just checked, and ya they do.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Just ordered those Madcatz drum silencers off Play.com.

Hope they're half-decent. ;) will let you guys know as soon as they arrive

Advertisement