Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

140mm Case Fans?

Options
  • 23-05-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭

Looking for some quiet case fans for my Cooler Master CM-690 chassis. It can take up to 140mm fans so I'd like to avail of the higher airflow/lower RPM advantage of this size over the more common 120mm fans.

Sharkoon and Yate Loon make some in this size but the Sharkoon one is supposedly loud. I haven't been able to find anywhere that I can buy the Yate's that doesn't have prohibitively expensive shipping charges.

If anyone can suggest some decent quiet fans, and a good place to buy them, that would be great. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Red Scorpion 140mm would be my choice..

dsc04109resizell3.jpg

http://www.overclockersonline.net/index.php?page=articles&num=611

2 delivered will set you back €34

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=23614

Takes about 1 week to come, I have gotten a few bits and pieces off them..

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Yate Loons are available here for £5.49 each excluding delivery.
    Good airflow and as quiet as they come:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

www.pc-look.com have a huge range of fans. Company is based in france.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately pc-look have no 140mm fans in stock.

I can't find much about those Red Scorpion fans online other than that overclockersonline review. I'd like them to be quiet but at 1200 RPM they are rotating as fast as my current stock fans. I'm guessing that the "Ever Lubricate bearing type" would be better than the sleeve bearing type as, according to some random guy on a forum site, sleeve bearing aren't ideal for horizontally mounted fans. :D

Would a hardware fan controller be able to adjust these 3-pin fans or are 4-pin fans required? Also if there are any 120mm tried and trusted fans that I might be better off getting, don't hoard the information... please share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yate Loons ftw, I've got the 70cfm 120mm ones and they're quiet but very effective. Its not all bout the rpm, blade design and number of fins has more to do with noise levels.

I highly recommend getting a fan conroller, or at least adding one in the future. 3pin what a fan controller uses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement