Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

We'll see how many crosses, assists and goals Barry gets if Rafa plays him in the same position as Alonso...

More than Xabi.

There's this integeral part of football called corners.
    I know as Liverpool fans, we'd be mistaken to think athat a corner is when all of the team line up in the opponents box, and then either Gerrard, Pennant, Xabi, or Aurelio blast the ball off the first defender, and all the players run back!

If Barry comes, we'll see how a corner is meant to be taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

More than Xabi.

I know as Liverpool fans, we'd be mistaken to think athat a corner is when all of the team line up in the opponents box, and then either Gerrard, Pennant, Xabi, or Aurelio blast the ball off the first defender, and all the players run back!

Great point. Gerrard especially is an awful set piece taker (with the exception of the odd free kick). Your never totally confident when he steps up for a peno, and he is consistant with his corners in that they rarely clear the 1st defender. Good delivery from set plays could add 10 - 15 goals to our already impressive goal haul from last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,723 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I was a big fan of Alonso when he first came on the scene, thought his vision and passing were excellent.

I havn't seen any of it in 2 years, whether that be niggly injuries, family life, the rain fall in Liverpool, whatever. If he was still as good as some of ye are making out do you think he would be going anywhere? His been dropped by Spain and about to be dropped by Liverpool.

I find the animosity towards Barry baffling, especially when you factor in some of the off the wall sub rate midfielders who are been bandied around in here instead of him.

People have commenented on "yeah he is good in the league, but he has no champions league experience" - Guess what 90% of signings have no champions league experience, if that was a criteria for signing players, ye would have no Torres. Tevez had no CL experience, he seemed to do alright this year.

If it makes those people feel any better Barry plays at least 8 times against CL oppositon a season, more than some teams that are actually in the tournament.

With Barry your getting a 100% proven scoring versatile premeirship, international player. Just his delivery from corners, free kicks were second to none last season, testiment to the amount Villa scored from set pieces. If anything Barry will free up Gerrard from taking corners something that has always confused me considering he has the ability to attack the ball.

If Liverpool do sign Barry they should consider themselves lucky, there are better midfielders out there, but there main concerns are weekly wage, climate and lifestyle, something the likes of Liverpool and United can't offer them.

Boggles wrote: »
    I find the animosity towards Barry baffling, especially when you factor in some of the off the wall sub rate midfielders who are been bandied around in here instead of him.

People have commenented on "yeah he is good in the league, but he has no champions league experience" - Guess what 90% of signings have no champions league experience, if that was a criteria for signing players, ye would have no Torres. Tevez had no CL experience, he seemed to do alright this year.

Dead right about that. No CL experience is a bit of a lame excuse. Torres and Masch had no CL experience for they came to us and, in my opinion, are our 2 best players.

The main gripe people seem to have is the fee. £20m is a lot as it would equal our record fee for Torres. But the fact is your going to pay over the odds for an English player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

More than Xabi.

Thats exactly the point what i was gonna make after reading those stats.Xabis record shows what a pathetic record we have from set pieces, and Barry is in a team that take those sort of chances seriously!
    Iv been harping on about corners and frees being squandered for years, and considering the threat Hyypia is in the air we should be getting a good few goals!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Our pathetic record from set pieces and corners is more to do with Gerrards relative ineptitude in this area than anything else imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

Nice one Masc!!!!
    Mascherano Hands Anderson Serious Knee Injury
    It may have been Brazil versus Argentina, but it was not without a taste of the North-West of England, it seems.

The South American rivals played out a rather disappointing goalless draw last night in their World Cup qualifying clash, a game that will more likely than not be remembered for the jeers directed at Dunga and the injury picked up by midfielder Anderson.

The Manchester United man went to ground following a challenge from Javier Mascherano, and would not get back up.

He was in considerable pain as the medics tried to work on the outside of his left knee, and was almost in tears as he was stretched off after three long minutes.

There is fear of ligament damage, something that could rule the youngster out for the start of the season if not more, particularly if it is the anterior cruciate ligament.

However, a confirmation will only come after scans later today, so there is reason for Manchester United and Brazil fans to hope it is nothing serious.

Lluis Marzo

prendy wrote: »
    Nice one Masc!!!!

Excellent, I hope the young fella's career is over! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I was a big fan of Alonso when he first came on the scene, thought his vision and passing were excellent.

I havn't seen any of it in 2 years, whether that be niggly injuries, family life, the rain fall in Liverpool, whatever. If he was still as good as some of ye are making out do you think he would be going anywhere? His been dropped by Spain and about to be dropped by Liverpool.

If it makes those people feel any better Barry plays at least 8 times against CL oppositon a season, more than some teams that are actually in the tournament.

With Barry your getting a 100% proven scoring versatile premeirship, international player. Just his delivery from corners, free kicks were second to none last season, testiment to the amount Villa scored from set pieces. If anything Barry will free up Gerrard from taking corners something that has always confused me considering he has the ability to attack the ball.

If Liverpool do sign Barry they should consider themselves lucky, there are better midfielders out there, but there main concerns are weekly wage, climate and lifestyle, something the likes of Liverpool and United can't offer them.

No offence but i don't pay too much attention to a ManU fans opinions on Liverpools transfer targets.

I don't agree that we would be getting a "100% proven scoring versatile premeirship, international player". I wouldn't think we would have even considered Barry 2 years ago because he wasn't proving himself. He hasn't proved himself at International level yet at all. This is admittedly for a number of reasons some of which he had no control over. TBH i can't see him being a first choice for England when all midfielders are fit. a couple of decent games in friendlies doesn't equate to being a proven International.

Also has been dropped by Spain!!! I don't have a problem with a player that is not first choice in a spanish MF consisting of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas. I think the fact that he is in there at all is testament to the quality of player he is. I don't think Barry would make it into the Sapin squad if he were Spanish.

I agree that he hasn't shown it consistently for Liverpool recently but he is still a quality player. I just don't agree that they are similarly valued.
    And he actually had a good second half to this season so I would like to see him build on that next year with Lucas challenging him for his position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,308 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

isnt fabregas dropped aswell

to be fair they have a wealth of talent in midfield

Have to say, I didn't see Masch's tackle on Anderson last night, but I'm assuming it was not intentional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Yeah sorry to hear about anderson.Get well soon :rolleyes:

ibh wrote: »
    No offence but i don't pay too much attention to a ManU fans opinions on Liverpools transfer targets.

Well will you pay attention to the Liverpool manager then, Jesus!! :rolleyes:
    I don't agree that we would be getting a "100% proven scoring versatile premeirship, international player". I wouldn't think we would have even considered Barry 2 years ago because he wasn't proving himself.

What the hell has 2 years ago got to do with anything, 2 years ago Alonso was one of best midfielders in the league. Things change, players develop, players go backward.
    I don't think Barry would make it into the Sapin squad if he were Spanish.

I don't think he would either. Neither would 99.9% of the players in the world, what exactly is your point?

Have to say, I didn't see Masch's tackle on Anderson last night, but I'm assuming it was not intentional.

It was a coming together of legs more than anything else, looked nothing but Anderson's knee seemed to twist and fall on the back of Masch's boot.

Was Anderson due to play in the Olympics? Could be a convenient one to mean he will miss that...........or am i too long noticing united players getting convenient injuries when there are meaningless internationals to be played?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

prendy wrote: »
    Nice one Masc!!!!

Grow up man

gucci wrote: »
    Was Anderson due to play in the Olympics? Could be a convenient one to mean he will miss that...........or am i too long noticing united players getting convenient injuries when there are meaningless internationals to be played?

Yeah 20 years age, playing in the Brazilian mildfield against Argentina in a world cup qualifier, he staged the whole thing so he wouldn't have to play in the Olympics. :rolleyes:

In fairness, losing Alonso and replacing him with Barry is not going to weaken us at all. It will give us a bit more in the final 3rd, but wont really make too much difference over all.

Why is everyone so pesimistic about Barry anyway. He is an excellent player who is improving as he gets older. Rafa obviously thinks the he will give us something that Xabi cant. Lets just wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Why is everyone so pesimistic about Barry anyway.

I think it's the £20m price tag :(

Yeah 20 years age, playing in the Brazilian mildfield against Argentina in a world cup qualifier, he staged the whole thing so he wouldn't have to play in the Olympics. :rolleyes:

I didn't quite mean that he came off intentionally, but united always really look after their players in incidents like this and id say they will use it to their advantage, by keeping Anderson away from the Olympics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I didn't quite mean that he came off intentionally, but united always really look after their players in incidents like this and id say they will use it to their advantage, by keeping Anderson away from the Olympics.

Well the injury may keep him out of the Olympics anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

We should arrange something similar for Mascherano.

It's not just United who look out for their players it's all clubs, Didn't Rafa go mental over the international break before the merseyside derby? if you paid 18 million for something and someone else broke it, you probably would want to protect it aswell.

Well will you pay attention to the Liverpool manager then, Jesus!! :rolleyes:

I have stated on countless occasions that I am not happy with us being linked to Barry. I have not seen any new reports from Benitez stating that he is the man we want. So what do you mean by me paying attention to Benitez??
    I was referring to your assertion that Liverpool would be lucky to get Barry. I don't think our manager has stated that we would be very lucky to get him...

What the hell has 2 years ago got to do with anything, 2 years ago Alonso was one of best midfielders in the league. Things change, players develop, players go backward.

Its got to do with the fact that Barry has taken peoples eye because he has started playing better since O'Neill came in. I think that at present O'Neill is getting the maximum out of Barry I don't think he will come and really improve as a player with us. He may do a solid job for us but I have doubts.
    In other words he does not fall into my catagory of 100% proven.

I don't think he would either. Neither would 99.9% of the players in the world, what exactly is your point?

I Love how you are throwing some accurate statistics into your posts..:rolleyes: I wasn't aware that 90% of signings have no CL experience. Is this 90% of team in England, or is it the world?

My point was that although he is not on top form, our existing CM player Alonso, is of a higher standard than Gareth Barry, who is being valued (by some at least) higher than Alonso.

:rolleyes:

Also has been dropped by Spain!!! I don't have a problem with a player that is not first choice in a spanish MF consisting of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas. I think the fact that he is in there at all is testament to the quality of player he is. I don't think Barry would make it into the Sapin squad if he were Spanish.

And would Alonso make it into the English midfield?

No.

Fat Frank, Gerrard, Hargreaves, Carrick, and yes...Barry are all in there.
    England play a diffrent kind of football and Alonso wouldn't suit.
    Just as Barry wouldn't suit in Spain.
    What's your point?!

And as for the talk of Rafa not wanting Barry.
    Come off it man!
    I think that two months of speculation, and at least three bids with a fourth on the way shows how ridiculous it is to say that Rafa isn't really, really, interested.

I have not seen any new reports from Benitez stating that he is the man we want. So what do you mean by me paying attention to Benitez??

Benitez is trying to buy him, so unless he has lost the plot I would infer that he wants Barry????
    In other words he does not fall into my catagory of 100% proven.

Depends on what your criteria of a 100% proven premiership player is, you could take it to the extreme and say it's a player who has taken part and won the premiership. Which would discount the whole liverpool team.

I don't think you have to have won the league to be a proven player, I think Barry has proven himself at a high level.
    My point was that although he is not on top form, our existing CM player Alonso, is of a higher standard than Gareth Barry, who is being valued (by some at least) higher than Alonso.

But Benitez values Barry higher than Alonso, he is selling him to fund the Barry transfer?

Obviously only time will tell if Barry improves Liverpool, but there is an element of risk in all transfers, I think the risk is greater hanging onto Alonso and hoping he can regain form.

And would Alonso make it into the English midfield?

No.

Fat Frank, Gerrard, Hargreaves, Carrick, and yes...Barry are all in there.
    England play a diffrent kind of football and Alonso wouldn't suit.
    Just as Barry wouldn't sui in Spain.
    What's your point?!

And as for the talk of Rafa not wanting Barry.
    Come off it man!
    I think that two months of speculation, and at least three bids with a fourth on the way shows how ridiculous it is to say that Rafa isn't really, really, interested.

Yea I know that Alonso wouldn't make it into the English starting Midfield but i definately think he would make it into their squad ahead of Barry. I would have had him ahead of Carrick as well but in fairness to Carrick he has really stepped up his game recently.
    I think Barry plays a reasonably similar game / position to Alonso. I do not think he is as good as Alonso. He has improved in recent years and Alonso has had problems with his game, but I would still have Xabi every time ahead of Barry.
    Have to agree to disagree on this one.

And btw I don't remeber saying that Benitez didn't want Barry. I responded to Boggles asking if i'd "pay attention to Benitez' actions".
    Yea 2 months of 'speculation' doesn't convince me that Rafa is dying to get him. Like I said earlier, if Benitez comes out and says "i really want Barry" then fair enough but he hasn't mentioned him since the whole spat with ONeill.

Yea 2 months of 'speculation' doesn't convince me that Rafa is dying to get him. Like I said earlier, if Benitez comes out and says "i really want Barry" then fair enough but he hasn't mentioned him since the whole spat with ONeill.

Are you off your meds???

Depends on what your criteria of a 100% proven premiership player is, you could take it to the extreme and say it's a player who has taken part and won the premiership. Which would discount the whole liverpool team.

You could do that, but I never suggested that. Why would a Manc fan bring that up?? Mmmmmn..
    You suggested he was a 100% proven performer, I disagree. End of.

But Benitez values Barry higher than Alonso, he is selling him to fund the Barry transfer?
    I think you'll find that this is not true and has been the biggest stumbling block to both transfers, i.e Villa overvaluing Barry and Juve undervaluing XA. If that was the case then Barry would be with us already wouldn't he??

Like I we'll have to agree to disagree. I'll comment on what Benitez thinks of Barry when he actually makes a statement on that issue rather than infer what he thinks of him from the bids LFC are making for Barry.

Yea I know that Alonso wouldn't make it into the English starting Midfield but i definately think he would make it into their squad ahead of Barry. I would have had him ahead of Carrick as well but in fairness to Carrick he has really stepped up his game recently.
    I think Barry plays a reasonably similar game / position to Alonso. I do not think he is as good as Alonso. He has improved in recent years and Alonso has had problems with his game, but I would still have Xabi every time ahead of Barry.
    Have to agree to disagree on this one.

Well that's your oppinion, and obviously you're welcome to it.
    To say that Barry and Alonso are similar isn't very accurate.
    Barry is more like Gerrard.
    Box to box, versatile in his position, scores goals, good crosser, good over a dead-ball, voocal on pitch leader.

Alonso plays deeper, and tends to ping the ball around.
    More relaxed looking.

They're both similar in some ways, but different enough to make a difference.
    And btw I don't remeber saying that Benitez didn't want Barry. I responded to Boggles asking if i'd "pay attention to Benitez' actions".

Benitez's actions are quite clear.
    Three increasing bids, and a fourth on the way.
    He wants barry, and it's obviously not just a passing fantasy.

When has Benitez ever aired his transfer targets in public?!
    He doesn't call up newspapers and say "I want him, him, and him"

It's not what he does.

• Advertisement

Like I we'll have to agree to disagree. I'll comment on what Benitez thinks of Barry when he actually makes a statement on that issue rather than infer what he thinks of him from the bids LFC are making for Barry.

???

Well stay tuned to YouTube and wait for that Rafa sound bite?

Honestly are you taking the písss or are you serious?

Are you off your meds???

Whatever man, brilliant contribution.

I don't even read about this transfer saga now cause there is so little that is actually being reported on. Has rafa been giving daily press conferences about this?

???

Well stay tuned to YouTube and wait for that Rafa sound bite?

Honestly are you taking the písss or are you serious?

Boggles.ive just checked back on some of your posts as im new here and didnt realise your a Manchester utd fan,just one question....Why are you obsessed with the Liverpool thread? You seem to spend more time on here talking about the pool than in the Manchester Utd thread.Any reason in particular.

gixerfixer wrote: »
    Boggles.ive just checked back on some of your posts as im new here and didnt realise your a Manchester utd fan,just one question....Why are you obsessed with the Liverpool thread? You seem to spend more time on here talking about the pool than in the Manchester Utd thread.Any reason in particular.

Welcome to the Liverpool thread.
    It's always full of Utd fans.
    It's wierd.
    In fact, the mind "boggles"!!! (I'll get my coat!:p)

TBH though, Boggles makes a refreshing change from the usual Utd fans in here.

Welcome mate, but you have to understand it's a football forum, it does not matter which team a user supports, as long as they abide by the rules they can post anywhere they like. It's why this forum is superior to all others, the ghetto menality hasn't runined it like others.

Yeah dont know myself.Cant understand it.Couldnt be arsed posting on the Manchester Utd thread as im a Liverpool fan.Seems to be a lot of Manchester Utd fans on the Liverpool thread in general.Weird

Welcome mate, but you have to understand it's a football forum, it does not matter which team a user supports, as long as they abide by the rules they can post anywhere they like. It's why this forum is superior to all others, the ghetto menality hasn't runined it like others.

Fair enough so.Thanks for the welcome

Yeah dont know myself.Cant understand it.Couldnt be arsed posting on the Manchester Utd thread as im a Liverpool fan.Seems to be a lot of Manchester Utd fans on the Liverpool thread in general.Weird

I think it's more down to Boogles doing nothing at work!:D

I really only frequent the Liverpool thread, but I might be tempted into the other team threads if I had time.
    As it is, I usually only post while at work, and I'm only able to sneak enough time for the Pool thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Yossi smells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Harry Kewell going to Roma!

Tis funny, Roma are gonna have our old left hand side (Kewell & Riise) while Juventus are going to have our old CM pairing (Alonso & Sissoko).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yossi smells.

Ha HA!! Liverpool don't have a match today, do we??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

no its still post-season.

JOHN ARNE RIISE completed a £4m switch to Roma today. But the move could complicate Liverpool's attempted capture of Gareth Barry from Aston Villa.

Ever since the Reds’ interest in the Villa captain was made public, boss Martin O’Neill has insisted he will not deal at anything less than £18m.

But with Liverpool constantly stressing that figure is over-priced, and now angrily threatening to pull out of negotiations and switch their attentions elsewhere, O’Neill is prepared to listen to cash plus player deals.

The problem, however, is that Riise was O’Neill’s preferred choice of Liverpool’s available talent, but he has now completed his move to Serie A in a deal initially worth £4m, rising to £4.5m.

Scott Carson may now become a makeweight in a transfer saga which has become frustrating for all parties.

Riise spent seven seasons at Anfield following a £4.6m move from Monaco and claimed every medal available outside of the Premier League title – including a record breaking fastest goal in the 2005 League Cup final.

He made a habit of scoring against Chelsea throughout his Anfield career, but his legacy also includes the devastating own goal he registered against Avram Grant’s men in the last minute of this year’s Champions League semi-final.

Birmingham keeper Maik Taylor, meanwhile, has admitted he gave 'serious consideration' to an offer from Liverpool before agreeing a two-year deal at St Andrews.

“With an offer on the table from the club (Birmingham), it was always going to be the case that I would stay really,” Taylor said.

“It was flattering that Liverpool showed a lot of interest and of course I gave it serious consideration.

“Liverpool could offer the UEFA Champions League and everything else, but it would have been a situation as a No.2 and a year’s contract as well.”

The Reds have added another pre-season fixture to their schedule with a match in Germany’s Olympic Stadium against Hertha Berlin on Tuesday, July 22 (7.45pm local time).

The Reds have already confirmed games against FC Lucerne in Grenchen on July 16, Wisla Krakow in Friborg (July 19) and Villarreal in Spain (July 30) in addition to the eagerly awaited trip to Ibrox to face Glasgow Rangers on July 26.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/06/19/john-arne-riise-exit-may-hit-liverpool-bid-for-gareth-barry-100252-21104662/

That's interesting.
    I guess that Riise ws one of the "no name" players!

All this Barry saga has done for me, is lower my oppinion of MON.
    He really is acting like a spoilt child.

What right does he have to insult players like Pennant, Riise, and Carson, and possibly even Crouch?!!

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is looking elsewhere for reinforcements rather than his old club at the Mestalla.

With Peter Crouch looking likely to leave this summer – although the Reds have received no bids, official or informal, from Portsmouth – Benitez will need more strength in the striking department at Anfield.

But he is not planning a raid on Valencia for Villa.

Speculation has been intense that Villa could become a Reds target, especially as the Spanish star admits that his closest friends in the national team’s camp are all Liverpool players.

After his last minute winner against Sweden he said: “The first person I met to celebrate it with was Reina, my best friend. He ran faster than anybody, in fact he always runs the fastest in goal celebrations. He lives matches very intensely.”

And after his Russia hat-trick he added: “I picked up a hairline fracture in my finger hugging Torres after our first goal of the tournament. My finger got stuck in his shirt. And then with Pepe Reina, I jumped and we hit our heads! God, it is dangerous to celebrate.

“But thank God for Pepe Reina and Xabi Alonso. I don’t speak English, so they had to go to the ref and explain that I wanted the ball, about the traditions involving a hat-trick.

“He didn’t want to give it to me. He said he couldn’t, but in the end he did.

“I am lucky that I play next to Fernando Torres. Contrary to what happens when I play for Valencia, playing alongside Torres for Spain means that defenders have got two people to worry about. I have taken advantage of Fernando’s movement and of his runs.

“The first goal against Russia was practically his: he made the move and, very generously, passed it to me.

“For the second, his movement created a hole that Iniesta spotted and was able to feed me the ball. That is why I went across to the bench to celebrate the hat trick with Fernando.”

It is unlikely, however, that the pair will ever get the opportunity to recreate that partnership at Anfield.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/06/18/david-villa-is-not-on-liverpool-hitlist-100252-21094637/

Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

The first line says Rafa is not looking to raid Valencia.
    Then it says that Rafa is not going to buy Villa.
    Does that mean that Rafa is not going to buy any Valencia
    player or does that mean that he just wont buy Villa?
    Pure speculation story without any merit.
    Tabloid crap basically, gotta love it though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

IrishMike wrote: »
    The first line says Rafa is not looking to raid Valencia.
    Then it says that Rafa is not going to buy Villa.
    Does that mean that Rafa is not going to buy any Valencia
    player or does that mean that he just wont buy Villa?
    Pure speculation story without any merit.
    Tabloid crap basically, gotta love it though ;)

It's from the Echo, I wouldn't bunch it togethre with the other tabloids.
    It may not be TB, but it's still more trustworthy that the actual tabloids.

Tusky wrote: »
    Harry Kewell going to Roma!

Tis funny, Roma are gonna have our old left hand side (Kewell & Riise) while Juventus are going to have our old CM pairing (Alonso & Sissoko).

So Roma are going to be in the Champions League this season? Whats the bets we get them in the group stages (touching wood and cloth of course we get through the qualifiers un-scathed!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It's full of old(ish) quotes from Villa after his hattrick last week with zero quotes from Rafa.

"Reds boss Rafa Benitez is looking elsewhere for reinforcements rather than his old club at the Mestalla" - Says who?

"But he is not planning a raid on Valencia for Villa" - Where does he say this exactly?

"It is unlikely, however, that the pair will ever get the opportunity to recreate that partnership at Anfield" - This bit I agree with, but it's just another example of lazy journalism.

PiE wrote: »
    It's full of old(ish) quotes from Villa after his hattrick last week with zero quotes from Rafa.

"Reds boss Rafa Benitez is looking elsewhere for reinforcements rather than his old club at the Mestalla" - Says who?

"But he is not planning a raid on Valencia for Villa" - Where does he say this exactly?

"It is unlikely, however, that the pair will ever get the opportunity to recreate that partnership at Anfield" - This bit I agree with, but it's just another example of lazy journalism.

No it's just info from the most trusthworthy source of Liverpool gossip.
    All of the lazy journalism over the last few weeks, has built up this idea that Villa is coming.
    This piece points out that there's nothing proving it will.
    As I said, it's from the Echo, they don't do "lazy journalism" when it comes to LFC and the Toffies.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement