Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mr Alan wrote: »
    its not me! :(

Yeah, i believe him (unfortunately). But where did it come from, did someone on Boards put the Mr Alan in writing at the beginning or was it already there. Jesus, man. You're fvcking infamous on these boards

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah, i believe him (unfortunately). But where did it come from, did someone on Boards put the Mr Alan in writing at the beginning or was it already there. Jesus, man. You're fvcking infamous on these boards

It was I. I just stuck Mr Alan into youtube and the 'Mr Alan Shuffle' came up. I didnt edit it.

Tusky wrote: »

Ha Ha!!

I believe you Tusky. I believe that's Mr Alan in all of his disguises so as to avoid detection from the Villa fans.
    I went into the Villa thread last night, looking back over the previous pages over the last few days and sweet jesus, Mr Alan is causing havoc in there. Honestly, Mr Alan. Do you mean all the stuff you say??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

its not me! :(

Oh i believe you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

LOL...the Mr.Alan shuffle I can see the signatures now.:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Had been wondering for a while what the Mr Alan Shuffle in the tags was... Hi-larious. if that Soccer beers ever takes place we should see it for real. love the "this is so going on the internet" at the end too.

All us Villa fans would be mesmerized by his moves we would forget all about the bloodlust he has instilled in some.

Silva would be perfect for Liverpool too imho although ive prob seen less of hi than others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Haha that video is great, well done tusky and Mr.Alan for working so hard on the video the last few days. Is there a sequal lol :D:D

em, right so earlier rafa was definitely not going to be raiding valencia for ANY players and now he is chasing silva publically, sheesh... It's so hard to know these days:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I went into the Villa thread last night, looking back over the previous pages over the last few days and sweet jesus, Mr Alan is causing havoc in there. Honestly, Mr Alan. Do you mean all the stuff you say??

Like? Dont think i said anything too bad. They're just a little sensitive at the moment, understandable.

all that happened is some fella talking about how sidwell had all barrys qualities and could displace Barry in the england setup. told them that was hilarious. imagine if someone went in there and said that 2 months ago?! they would've been burnt at the stake.

Like? Dont think i said anything too bad. They're just a little sensitive at the moment, understandable.

all that happened is some fella talking about how sidwell had all barrys qualities and could displace Barry in the england setup. told them that was hilarious. imagine if someone went in there and said that 2 months ago?! they would've been burnt at the stake.

Yeah, but on the other hand, if a Villa fan had said a few months ago that you should take Barry of us as he is much better than Alonso, would you have not scoffed?? Is it only because Liverpool are actually linked with Barry now and that Rafa is on record as stating his interest in him that it is ok to praise him.
    But the best one was, and it's there for everyone to see was yourself on the Villa thread talking about Barry and then, a few posts later, saying 'it's not like i would go on a Villa forum talking about Barry'. Now come on. Seriously. Do you not think that's taking the p!ss? If you're trolling, fair enough. But if you're being serious.........Jesus!!! It's funny though.

• Advertisement

Had been wondering for a while what the Mr Alan Shuffle in the tags was... Hi-larious. if that Soccer beers ever takes place we should see it for real. love the "this is so going on the internet" at the end too.

All us Villa fans would be mesmerized by his moves we would forget all about the bloodlust he has instilled in some.

Silva would be perfect for Liverpool too imho although ive prob seen less of hi than others

We will give you Mr Alan, shuffle and all, and a packet of salt and vinegar hula hoops for Barry. Take it or leave it. You're hard ball tactics are grating at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Had been wondering for a while what the Mr Alan Shuffle in the tags was... Hi-larious.

What are the tags?

We will give you Mr Alan, shuffle and all, and a packet of salt and vinegar hula hoops for Barry. Take it or leave it. You're hard ball tactics are grating at this stage

think the deal would fall apart when Mr.Alan fails to agree personal terms to become a Villa fan unfortunatley. Would be hilarious to get a picture of him in a Villa shirt though and post it in the Villa thread(obviously he would have to do his shuffle while wearing it). TBH Villa fans too wish the saga was over now and Stay or Go we knew what was happening with him (Barry) next season.

edit: the tags on the thread at the bottom above the quick reply option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

dc69 wrote: »
    What are the tags?

They are a bunch of links at the bottom of the page.

Yeah, but on the other hand, if a Villa fan had said a few months ago that you should take Barry of us as he is much better than Alonso, would you have not scoffed??

I wouldnt have scoffed, Barry was in the team of the season for crying out loud, i am a big fan of Alonsos but have been critical of him the last couple of seasons, i still think at 75% he is better than most of the midfielders in the PL, not Barry though. We need more consistancy, which Barry provides, also who knows Barry may improves with Mascherano freeing him up a little, and players like Babel,Gerrard,Torres and Silva(;)) making runs for him.

i still think that the Barry fee should not be more than the Alonso fee though. Considering how much a decent international performance increases players value, Alonso should be 25m easy now, and wasnt he captain too? in an major international tournament? surely thats another 5 million on top?

wat ya reckon bounty hunter?;)
    But the best one was, and it's there for everyone to see was yourself on the Villa thread talking about Barry and then, a few posts later, saying 'it's not like i would go on a Villa forum talking about Barry'. Now come on. Seriously. Do you not think that's taking the p!ss? If you're trolling, fair enough. But if you're being serious.........Jesus!!! It's funny though.

This is a general football forum monkey, its for football fans to discuss football, the threads are not exclusive fan zones, everyone can post everywhere if they so wish. if you dont wanna argue with opposing fans, or hear negative views about your team etc etc, this is not the place for you. RAWK,RAOTL,VILLATALK etc etc is for that kind of thing.

so saying i would not go onto a villa forum and discuss Barry is spot on, i would never do that.

i would and have however, discussed him in a general football forum in the threads specific to him.

you get me? :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

about 2 years ago I was pulling my hair out wondering why england did us the all energy midfield of something like

barry - gerrard - barton - nolan

I'm another person who has watched and really though highly of gareth barry for a long time.

he is a fantatic player but I think at 15millionish we have to at least really consider our other options - I still want him signed but only if Rafa really believes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

So have we signed Barry or whats the craic with him? I thinkw e should keep Alonso, im hoping this tournament can help his confidence and get him back to his best.

Are we bringing in another striker after we sell crouchy?

Silva ive seen a bit of, id love to see him at Liverpool but no way would should we pay 20m for him, he aint that good. Still think we could Arshavin for half the price and he'll be even more effective, Guus Hiddink said hes the msot intelligent footballer hes ever coached, thats a serious compliment. He works really hard to, the type of player Rafa loves. Imagine him feeding passes to Torres.
    ye and Progreback could be our replacement for crouch in a perfect world.

Cant beleive were being linked with the likes of Milner and Bullard, the other top teams are queing up to buy them, just shows how much we've dropped off the pace.

arshavin and silva will/would go for about the same amount imo.

Silva has the spanish connection and has played with torres and is younger.

silva is and always has been the player i most hope we sign this summer (realistically)

Still think we could Arshavin for half the price and he'll be even more effective,

Progreback could be our replacement for crouch in a perfect world.

Enjoy the match last night then yea? ;)

Being England captain does raise someone's value although not by much, just like being English raises someones value. Both are very stupid but its the way things work. Barry is overpriced atm (and no Gary you havent signed him...still havent met Villa's valuation) but then again so is almost everyone as you arent paying what the player is worth but what the selling club can screw out of you and if your trying to take our captain just as we aim to take that next step and hopefully soon challenge teams like Liverpool then expect to get screwed price wise.

• Advertisement

Nope still haven't signed him the saga continues :D

Arshavin is decent enuf though aint he, had a good game last night, workrate like a kuyt :D

stick-dan wrote: »
    Nope still haven't signed him the saga continues :D

Arshavin is decent enuf though aint he, had a good game last night, workrate like a kuyt :D

I would love us to sign Arshavin.

I know i have only seen him last night, but damn based on that performance he don't half give it his all don't he?

He'd hardly cost us much over 10m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

newcastle apparently have a £11.5m bid in for him....

Being England captain does raise someone's value although not by much, just like being English raises someones value. Both are very stupid but its the way things work. Barry is overpriced atm (and no Gary you havent signed him...still havent met Villa's valuation) but then again so is almost everyone as you arent paying what the player is worth but what the selling club can screw out of you and if your trying to take our captain just as we aim to take that next step and hopefully soon challenge teams like Liverpool then expect to get screwed price wise.

Even England captain for a meaningless friendly that FIFA didnt recognise cause of the amount of subs made after the two lads who usually have the armband are off the pitch?

ah i'm only busting your chops!;)
    Tusky wrote: »
    I would love us to sign Arshavin.

Me too.

Him and Silva would be nice.

would prefer Silva, would be ecstatic if we signed either though.

I wouldnt have scoffed, Barry was in the team of the season for crying out loud, i am a big fan of Alonsos but have been critical of him the last couple of seasons, i still think at 75% he is better than most of the midfielders in the PL, not Barry though. We need more consistancy, which Barry provides, also who knows Barry may improves with Mascherano freeing him up a little, and players like Babel,Gerrard,Torres and Silva(;)) making runs for him.

i still think that the Barry fee should not be more than the Alonso fee though. Considering how much a decent international performance increases players value, Alonso should be 25m easy now, and wasnt he captain too? in an major international tournament? surely thats another 5 million on top?

This is a general football forum monkey, its for football fans to discuss football, the threads are not exclusive fan zones, everyone can post everywhere if they so wish. if you dont wanna argue with opposing fans, or hear negative views about your team etc etc, this is not the place for you. RAWK,RAOTL,VILLATALK etc etc is for that kind of thing.

so saying i would not go onto a villa forum and discuss Barry is spot on, i would never do that.

i would and have however, discussed him in a general football forum in the threads specific to him.

you get me? :)

To quote Dunphy, you're splitting hairs, Bill. I understand what you're talking about in terms of a Villa thread or forum or whatever. But the Villa thread is about Villa, whether it's exclusive to Villa fans or not, which it is not on Boards (like all clubs). If you go on a Villa fan forum, at the end of the day, there is nothing to stop you talking about Barry as a Liverpool fan, just the same as the Villa thread on Boards. It's related to Villa, the difference with Boards is, you have moderators to control things whereas on a fans site, they may tell you to eff off without repercussion. But ultimately, the general discussion is Villa. You see, what you're getting confused with is that you wouldn't bother signing up for a Villa fan forum because you don't support them, but it's easy on Boards to go onto other club's thread and to be honest, if i were a Villa fan reading your quotes in the Villa thread, i'd be going mad at your comments. But because i'm not a Villa fan, i find them funny.

Then again, if I were a Villa fan looking at my own comments on the Barry to Liverpool thread, i'd be going mad!!!!
    But that's only in retaliation to certain Villa fans comments

To quote Dunphy, you're splitting hairs, Bill. I understand what you're talking about in terms of a Villa thread or forum or whatever. But the Villa thread is about Villa, whether it's exclusive to Villa fans or not, which it is not on Boards (like all clubs). If you go on a Villa fan forum, at the end of the day, there is nothing to stop you talking about Barry as a Liverpool fan, just the same as the Villa thread on Boards. It's related to Villa, the difference with Boards is, you have moderators to control things whereas on a fans site, they may tell you to eff off without repercussion. But ultimately, the general discussion is Villa. You see, what you're getting confused with is that you wouldn't bother signing up for a Villa fan forum because you don't support them, but it's easy on Boards to go onto other club's thread and to be honest, if i were a Villa fan reading your quotes in the Villa thread, i'd be going mad at your comments. But because i'm not a Villa fan, i find them funny.

tbh i find them funny too, people shouldent take things posted on a forum too seriously especially when its Mr alan... he likes busting chops afterall.

Think Arshavin is much better than Newcastle yet would be more surprised to see him sign for Liverpool than the Magpies but a big part of why is because tbh I can see Silva being Liverpools big signing this Summer. The Americans have to give up some transfer funds this summer, not everything is going to be funded by sales (Barry/Alonso - crouch/Dossena etc) and everyone else is talking up and spending the TV money why not liverpool? so IMO the club will finance Silva for around 20m and you will all be happy with the Summer (not that it couldent be better).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Then again, if I were a Villa fan looking at my own comments on the Barry to Liverpool thread, i'd be going mad!!!!
    But that's only in retaliation to certain Villa fans comments

I dont think anyone made a tit of themselves like you did monkey9;), oops in a thread im not supposed to be in chao!

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ, if the yanks bought Rafa a cup of tea and a jaffa cake, i think i'd be happy with that. There is absolutely no business done this summer so far that is going to have us any closer to the league title. I don't mean winning it, i just mean closer to it.

GG did an interview on the canadian radioshow where he spilled the beans a few months ago again tonight. didnt hear it but the jist was;

that he couldnt be as "explosive" as he was last time.

said he felt he had an obligation to the fans to do right by the club and them.

said that communication has improved slightly with TH for the sake of Rafa.

no comment to whether his stake was still for sale.

talked about having to provide Rafa with funds to buy players to win the PL.

I'm sure a transcript will appear online tomorrow.
    Jesus Christ, if the yanks bought Rafa a cup of tea and a jaffa cake, i think i'd be happy with that. There is absolutely no business done this summer so far that is going to have us any closer to the league title. I don't mean winning it, i just mean closer to it.

Monkey, chill out, we cant even officially buy players till the 1st of July anyway afaik. it was 4th of July when we signed Torres. So dont go neck yourself just yet.

I dont think anyone made a tit of themselves like you did monkey9;), oops in a thread im not supposed to be in chao!

Listen, of course you can come in here and make and give opinions. But my problem with yourself is, and it's not just me, you've come in here writing sh!te that for your own sake is hopefully trolling. As for me not knowing that the message "Posted by General Krulag' was actually by a Villa official.....well good luck to you!!! As i said before, it wasn't the messenger, it was the message.
    I have no problem with fans (or any other club fans) coming in here discussing things.Bounty Hunter comes in here, makes points and i accept them, whether they are right or wrong, in my opinion. But you....you're like the Mr Alan of the Villa thread.

you're like the Mr Alan of the Villa thread.

But you dont have your own shuffle :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

just took a look at the tags at the bottom there, nearly wet myself when i saw this amongst them; mr. alan <3 torres

who makes the tags? or are they just generated from whatever gets repeated the most?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    just took a look at the tags at the bottom there, nearly wet myself when i saw this amongst them; mr. alan <3 torres

who makes the tags? or are they just generated from whatever gets repeated the most?

Just use edit tags and youcan add your own. ;)

• Advertisement

But you dont have your own shuffle :cool:

Ha, **** it, Mr Alan. I mean no offense. But he really wrecks my head!! But fair enough, he's a proper Villa fan, i accept it. All i can say is, i never anticipated a Liverpool Villa match this much in years.

we've been selling villa our players for years but i cant think when the last time we bought one off them was (besides buying back Stan).

looking forward to it as well monkeyman.

check out the OT thread.

Listen, of course you can come in here and make and give opinions. But my problem with yourself is, and it's not just me, you've come in here writing sh!te that for your own sake is hopefully trolling. As for me not knowing that the message "Posted by General Krulag' was actually by a Villa official.....well good luck to you!!! As i said before, it wasn't the messenger, it was the message.
    I have no problem with fans (or any other club fans) coming in here discussing things.Bounty Hunter comes in here, makes points and i accept them, whether they are right or wrong, in my opinion. But you....you're like the Mr Alan of the Villa thread.

Chillout monkey, mate im a pissed off Villa fan annoyed at Liverpools way of conducting their business re:Barry, sure i cut close to the bone when ive discussed the Barry thing but it took a while for Liverpool fans to realise that the way they (LFC) went about the transfer was an unmitigated disaster, but i think LFC fans know now Liverpool ballsed up the transfer and they are either going to pay over the odds or not get him at all, both options i doubt Rafa wants to consider.

Im sure both you and Mr Alan are perfectly fine productive members of society and nice chaps, but some of your opinions expressed on the Villa & Barry threads were either off the wall or out of line, i wasnt the only one to pick up on that and i'll have no problem rectifying ye if you do so again, like wise for ye on me if i insult the Pool.
    Ha, **** it, Mr Alan. I mean no offense. But he really wrecks my head!! But fair enough, he's a proper Villa fan, i accept it. All i can say is, i never anticipated a Liverpool Villa match this much in years.

You and me both;),im intending to ditch EP to go to it, hope it goes better then the last time i went to see Villa-Pool (Jari Litmanen genius 3-0).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

here is a link to the gg interview

http://www.fan590.com/media/media.jsp?content=20080619_184313_14164

Doesnt say much but I get the impression from listening to this interview and his last interview that the guy is quite honest and the impression I got from this interview is that he will be giving money for transfers.Make your own minds up.

• Advertisement

Im sure both you and Mr Alan are perfectly fine productive members of society and nice chaps, but some of your opinions expressed on the Villa & Barry threads were either off the wall or out of line, i wasnt the only one to pick up on that and i'll have no problem rectifying ye if you do so again, like wise for ye on me if i insult the Pool.

Give me a quote where i did the above, Invinsibleirish

Give me a quote where i did the above, Invinsibleirish

olive branch withdrawn, you're obviously just a
    word that will get me banned:rolleyes:
    au revoir, ive a newly arrived snes to play

im a pissed off Villa fan annoyed at Liverpools way of conducting their business

and wat are your feelings about Gardner discussing Bentley?

let me guess.....perfectly alright? but yet you lot **** your pants when Gerrard talks about Barry. the hypocricy is hilarious.

pppfftttt

and wat are your feelings about Gardner discussing Bentley?

let me guess.....perfectly alright? but yet you lot **** your pants when Gerrard talks about Barry. the hypocricy is hilarious.

pppfftttt

? what has he said

*edit* saw it on the Villa thread, I think the crucial difference is that Gardner isnt best friends with Bentley, and didnt go on international duty with said best friend,didnt declare to the worlds media his undying love for said best friend(or something like that), and the said best friend did not comeback from international duty and ask for a transfer to Gardners club.

But besides that its completely the same yeah.

check your villa thread. how he'd like him at Villa....he is an excellent player.....MON bringing the club forward by going for top players etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

you guys make me look reasonable.

olive branch withdrawn, you're obviously just a
    word that will get me banned:rolleyes:
    au revoir, ive a newly arrived snes to play

is he taking the piss or what:rolleyes:

mayordenis wrote: »
    you guys make me look reasonable.

I see you're the mod of WIT, whens that WIT thread gonna be open again? i cant wait to get stuck back into that:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's interesting that seemingly everybody considers Plessis, Insua and Nemeth to be in the first team squad next year. What is this based on?

Apparently, Plessis was only with the first team squad for the Arsenal league game because he couldn't get his passport/visa sorted for a trip with the reserves to Texas. Before the Arsenal game, there was nary a mention of him at all, and I'm sure I wasnt the only one scratching their head when they saw him line up.

Insua has also supposedly been offered to Newcastle as part-exchange for Milner, so you have to wonder how much he really does feature in Rafa's plans, despite his potential.

It's interesting that seemingly everybody considers Plessis, Insua and Nemeth to be in the first team squad next year. What is this based on?

Because all have shown that they could well be good enough to make the step up. Plessis was exellent against arsenal. Not so good in his next game, but hey its a promising start. Insua has been fantastic every chance he's gotten, haven't a bad word to say about him. Nemeth was awesome for the reserves, still a little rough but definately deserving of being 4tf or 5th choice, and one of our 7 subs in a few lesser matches this season to see how he does.

A better question would be to ask why wouldn't they be in the first team setup next season. And i see no reason why not.

If young players brought in excel and don't get a chance, then whats the point?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement