Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

evil_seed wrote: »
    Pics??

new-lfc-green-away-shirt-2008.png

So next season it'll be.

Home:

new-lfc-home-shirt-2008.png

Away:

new-lfc-away-shirt-2008.png

Third Strip:

21ivOeqhpbL._AA160_.jpg

European Away:

new-lfc-green-away-shirt-2008.png

Keepers:

home_kit_0408_reina_text.jpg

Rafa Benitez today gave short shrift to suggestions Fernando Torres could be allowed to leave the club.
    The Anfield boss claimed there was no offer which would persuade the club to part company with its record signing and top scorer.

Benitez said: "The situation is very simple – we do not want to sell Fernando Torres.

"If a player does a good job for his team, like Fernando has for us, then it is sometimes easy for people to speculate that he might be wanted by other clubs.

"I am not aware of any offer being made by Chelsea but even if there was my answer would be the same – he is not for sale.

"We are trying to add to the spine of our team and that means keeping players like Fernando, Javier Mascherano, Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher."

Earlier this morning, a club spokesman added: "The idea that Liverpool Football Club would consider selling Fernando Torres is absolute nonsense. Everyone at the club is fully focused on improving the squad ahead of the new season."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160039080527-0942.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

Have to say, those shirts look pretty class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I prefer the green one to the grey one. Already have the new home strip, very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

im not awfull gone on the away but the 3rd strip is class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

GBX wrote: »
    I prefer the green one to the grey one. Already have the new home strip, very nice.
    I agree totally with you there. Pity the green one will probably only be rarely seen :).

Do you have the old home strip as well, I'm curious as to what the differences are. The most obvious one is the collar but is there anything else?

malice_ wrote: »
    I agree totally with you there. Pity the green one will probably only be rarely seen :).

Do you have the old home strip as well, I'm curious as to what the differences are. The most obvious one is the collar but is there anything else?

Old:

liverpoolhome.jpg

New:

new-lfc-home-shirt-2008.png

Cleaner lines, and seems to be more form hugging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Arent the green, gray and red ones the same shirt with different collars? Shame on you adidas, not even a hint of any design work done.

• Advertisement

Arent the green, gray and red ones the same shirt with different collars? Shame on you adidas, not even a hint of any design work done.
    The very same template was used with Chelsea shirts. They just stuck on a collar :p.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I have the new one and last years home. Both in XL and massive difference in how they fit. The old one is very tight whereas the new one hangs loose and is very baggy. I like it much more.

I wish we wore the black shirt more though, my favourite LFC jersey in years.

Melion wrote: »
    I have the new one and last years home. Both in XL and massive difference in how they fit. The old one is very tight whereas the new one hangs loose and is very baggy. I like it much more.

I wish we wore the black shirt more though, my favourite LFC jersey in years.
    Maybe you've just lost weight or something ;). I quite like the black one myself. I wish the jerseys weren't so bloody expensive, then maybe I could afford to buy more of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Its what big design houses/companies (and even small ones) do to create and maintain "balance and consistency across their brand." Pure coroprate lingo of course, which basically boils down to laziness and cheaper etc etc.

But as long as the jerseys don't look cheap (wish the cost was cheap) then there is no problem. What is the RRP of the new one?60 euro?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

€60 in Lifestyle

Melion wrote: »
    €60 in Lifestyle

Lifestyle are the best, cause they have the official Premiership lettering.

• Advertisement

60 euro seems standard fare for the new one. The old one is down to 30 euro.

€74.20 with Gerrard 8 or Torres 9 prepressed on the back provided you can find one that fits in Lifestyle. Otherwise you've to pay by the letter/number. Carragher 23 or Mascherano 20 just doesnt seem like good value not to mention San Jose Dominguez 45 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭GBX

If you order it from the club shop online, theres a flat fee for the letters and numbers .... your paying extra for Kuyt, but making a grand saving for Carra or Masch! ;)

60 euro seems standard fare for the new one. The old one is down to 30 euro.
    Just buy the old one and butcher the collar off it.......job done :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i'm small i can pick up youth jerseys :P

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    If you order it from the club shop online, theres a flat fee for the letters and numbers .... your paying extra for Kuyt, but making a grand saving for Carra or Masch! ;)

Arent we always. Does he offer any value at all? ;)
    Besides, he'll probably be gone before the new home shirt expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bazzman

want to get "el nino" on the back of one of mine and was just wondering if its possible to get the tilde over the 2nd n, or do i have to go to certain shops or will all shops be able to do it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I will not be buying the new shirt while those clowns are still in control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

€74.20 with Gerrard 8 or Torres 9 prepressed on the back provided you can find one that fits in Lifestyle. Otherwise you've to pay by the letter/number. Carragher 23 or Mascherano 20 just doesnt seem like good value not to mention San Jose Dominguez 45 :pac:

I got mine in JJB sports. €60 for jersey. €7.50 for any official name & number. So for €67.50 I got my jersey with "Mascherano 20" on the back. I take a small jersey so they had fun fitting that on:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Does anyone else think theres not much difference in small and medium with regards to the sleeves? The short sleves seem to go a good bit over the elbow in both sizes. Only difference is length around the waist as far as I can tell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

I didn't intend to kick off an argument, I simply wanted to offer some support to Kuyt. All I did was look in my Champions League highlights folder and count the number of times he scored as I knew it was a decent return in contrast to his league total. I forgot that the Tolouse game was a qualifier.

Remember folks, if someone annoys you that much, there's always the Ignore function :).

Now, onto a different matter, has anyone else seen this? It is supposed to be the new away jersey. Personally I think it looks horrible :). Given it's location I wonder what the chances are that it's fake?

ok malice plz dont ignore me....if you wanna support kuyt then i will say one thing for him. he was a bit like our luis garcia this year. if you look at the goals he did get in the champs league, everyone of them was a vital goal!! bar maybe one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Kuyt has made the final 23 of van bastens team anyway, so he's going to the euro's! the last man to be dropped was Boularouz.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Kuyt has made the final 23 of van bastens team anyway, so he's going to the euro's! the last man to be dropped was Boularouz.

:D delighted for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Dub13 wrote: »
    I will not be buying the new shirt while those clowns are still in control.

Loads of people who'll spend the next year bitching about Hicks will happily get all three new strips, and not see that they're keeping the fat lying thief in place.

Cause and effect people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

exactly, which is why in this day and age it is near impossible to stage a real and effective protest against the owners.

sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well done to him, still following Spain this summer though! :p

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Stky10 wrote: »
    Loads of people who'll spend the next year bitching about Hicks will happily get all three new strips, and not see that they're keeping the fat lying thief in place.

Cause and effect people...

Agree 100%.

wants jerseys - must control urge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

mayordenis wrote: »
    wants jerseys - must control urge

http://www.jomzajung.com/cart/default.asp :pac:

Just got the netherlands jersey in lifestyle and am going to pick up that spain one - should keep me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Liverpool hope to complete the signing of Italian full-back Andrea Dossena this week for £6m, but competition from Fiorentina and Juventus could push the price up to £8m. (Various)

6m would be a very very cheap price imho.

Anyone else think we should have bought Dos Santos?
    Looking like he is going to spurs for 12m which is a decent price.
    Throw another 15m for another winger, sell pennant and risse and you would
    have completely changed the attacking prospects of the team for under 20m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Tusky wrote: »

Tusky have you ever used that site before?

£16 for Spain's jersey with Torres 9 on the back is quality but seems too cheap.

Am i reading that correctly 8 POUND for a jersey? Have you bought from these guys before? They authentic?

Think im going to get one of these , i have wanted one for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

From here
    The prospect of a ground-share between Liverpool and Everton has been raised once again as both clubs run into problems over their respective new stadiums.

Plans have been in place for some time for Liverpool to build a new ground on Stanley Park, but the club's American owners have been forced to downsize then put on hold the development, as Tom Hicks struggles to raise the necessary funds.

The 60,000-seater stadium will cost around £300million, but Hicks has been thus far unable to borrow the money he needs to complete the project, given the current worldwide financial problems.

Meanwhile, Everton's proposal to move to a new 55,000-capacity ground in Kirby, a scheme that has proved extremely unpopular with the club's fans, has hit problems.

The planned stadium was to be a joint venture with Tesco, who would build a retail development alongside the stadium. However, Liverpool City Council have raised serious objections to such a proposal, as have local residents.

All of which raises the possibility of a shared ground, which had previously been rejected by all and sundry.

Warren Bradley, leader of the Liberal Democrat majority on the city council, told The Guardian:

"I'd back the redevelopment of Goodison but you can't unless Everton make a commitment. If they want to come to the table, we're always ready and willing.

"I've also been working behind the scenes on a joint Liverpool and Everton stadium. I've talked to the sports minister and to the NWDA [Northwest Regional Development Agency] and I've spoken to [Everton's chairman] Bill Kenwright."

It will be interesting to see how fans of both clubs react should these plans go any further.

I really like the second last paragraph where he basically says he has spoken to loads of people except for anyone connected with Liverpool :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

^^^^^
    never going to happen.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    never going to happen.
    Never say never ;). There's a lot of push from Everton FC and Liverpool City Council and the North West Development Agency (I think) to make it happen. The fact that there's little or no benefit to Liverpool FC doesn't seem to have crossed their minds at all.

Personally I hope it doesn't happen but who knows what Liverpool's American owners might do :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Are these the real deal??? I was looking on Ebay yesterday and there was nothing nearly as cheap as this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Never say never ;). There's a lot of push from Everton FC and Liverpool City Council and the North West Development Agency (I think) to make it happen. The fact that there's little or no benefit to Liverpool FC doesn't seem to have crossed their minds at all.

Personally I hope it doesn't happen but who knows what Liverpool's American owners might do :(.

The Americans will want to own the stadium so I don't think a share will work!

• Advertisement

yom 1 wrote: »
    Tusky have you ever used that site before?

£16 for Spain's jersey with Torres 9 on the back is quality but seems too cheap.
    gucci wrote: »
    Am i reading that correctly 8 POUND for a jersey? Have you bought from these guys before? They authentic?

Think im going to get one of these , i have wanted one for years.
    ibh wrote: »
    Are these the real deal??? I was looking on Ebay yesterday and there was nothing nearly as cheap as this.

Ive ordered a Spanish home jersey so I'll let yea know. Loads of people on redwhiteandkop.com have bought jerseys from them and they say they are real. I find it hard to believe that they are real for that price so my guess is that they are really really good fakes. They posted pictures up and I admit, they look 100% genuine.

[edit] pictures from one of the guys.

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7681/spain1wy2.jpg
    http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3462/spain2yb7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Ive ordered a Spanish home jersey so I'll let yea know. Loads of people on redwhiteandkop.com have bought jerseys from them and they say they are real. I find it hard to believe that they are real for that price so my guess is that they are really realy good fakes.

It'll ding-dang-do for me.. I think i'm going to order a pair of shorts first and see what the quality is like. Then defo the spain jersey and definately with Torres on it..

ibh wrote: »
    It'll ding-dang-do for me.. I think i'm going to order a pair of shorts first and see what the quality is like. Then defo the spain jersey and definately with Torres on it..

Well I just edited my post with pictures of the Spain/Torres jersey. It only costs about 22 euro delivered with the name/number on it. Mine should arrive today or tomorrow so I'll post up close up pictures. I wouldn't wear something that looked in any way fake so I'll let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Well I just edited my post with pictures of the Spain/Torres jersey. It only costs about 22 euro delivered with the name/number on it. Mine should arrive today or tomorrow so I'll post up close up pictures. I wouldn't wear something that looked in any way fake so I'll let you know.
    If it's fine, spain/torres(9) + liv w/masch(20) are on my list.

Alternatively you can order from kitbag.co.uk and get 20% off with this link.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/187717/20-discount-on-everything-kitbag-co/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement