Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Tusky wrote: »
    Youch, he was a regular poster.

Then he should have known better than to put someones email address up and ask people to spam them.

The matter is closed in this thread. The rules thread or the mockery that is the feedback forum if anyone has issue with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

PSI wrote: »
    Then he should have known better than to put someones email address up and ask people to spam them.

Hear hear.

Anyway, back to the important stuff.
    Good to see the Dossena deal all but done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yeah good to see it progressing and almost done. Glad to hear Parry back on the job again. Hope he enjoyed the hols.

Lets hope Dossena is the 1st of many.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

just thinking, are carra and stevie the only remnents of the houllier era?

oh, finnan too. still though, 3 years to wipe out almost an entire squad.

not sure if thats really impressive or scary, is it me or are squads chopping and changing a hell of alot more nowadays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

shows the massive task Rafa has undertaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

el rabitos wrote: »

not sure if thats really impressive or scary, is it me or are squads chopping and changing a hell of alot more nowadays?

Hyypia too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Believe it or not ALT is still on the books too. Surely his contract has to be up soon and we can just cut him loose

zing wrote: »
    Believe it or not ALT is still on the books too. Surely his contract has to be up soon and we can just cut him loose

So are his mates CTRL & DEL HAHAHAHAHA....no takers ?

Seriously, who is ALT ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

el rabitos wrote: »

I was always sad to see danny murphy get kicked out.
    He always managed to get a goal against man utd as well :)
    Really was delighted for him to get the goal to keep fulham from the drop.

• Advertisement

Ah yes. Didnt realize he was still on our books. Thought he moved on last year.

Ah yes. Didnt realize he was still on our books. Thought he moved on last year.

The next zidane...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

So are his mates CTRL & DEL HAHAHAHAHA....no takers ?

Seriously, who is ALT ?

Grrr.

any takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Grrr.

any takers?

Peter Marks are always looking for people to volunteer to have their hair done by beginners??!!!!!

yeah my friend did that one,
    is it not a bit off topic though?

Grrr.

any takers?

I'm...confused. Are you asking who ALT is?

sorry no its was Alt Gr
    an awful bad joke.

sorry no its was Alt Gr
    an awful bad joke.

Ahh.
    *tumbleweed*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I love the Liverpool thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Look how old the kit is hes wearing in that picture....that says alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

I was always sad to see danny murphy get kicked out.
    He always managed to get a goal against man utd as well :)
    Really was delighted for him to get the goal to keep fulham from the drop.

+1

Will always be considered as one of my favourite players for the club. Not the most naturally gifted of players to grace Anfield but he had the heart of a Jamie Carragher.

I still think that ALT FSP and Cisse all suffered a bit under Rafa.

He just didn't like them, and so never gave them a full oppertunity.

Look how well FSP and to a lesser extent Djibril have done now that they've cut ties with the club.

ALT obviously was over hyped, but I reckon if Houlier had never left, he'd have developed a lot more.

Still, I'm far from complaining about the Rafaloution!!!

I still wish pongolle was at the club :(

Mr Alan wrote: »

I still have my fingers crossed that we snuck a sneaky "buy back" clause into the contract when we sold him!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I know he scored a few when he left but what are his stats like for the last couple of seasons?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I know international tournaments are hated by club managers but (if I have my maths right) LFC have more players in the Euro final than any other EPL club. Come to that I think we pobably had more in the semi's than anyone else as well. I know there is a lot of debate about how well / poorly Torres has done and the quality or otherwise of Aragonés as a manager but surely the experience will be a benifit for the players and if they win it'll be a huge confidence boost to come back to the club with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

oobydooby wrote: »
    I think there are rules against this kind of post where players are abused. How do you report posts?

United fan alert!

Can't see the point of having a pedantic debate over whether Voronin is a attacking midfielder or a centre forward, either way, lads, he is sh!te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

I know international tournaments are hated by club managers but (if I have my maths right) LFC have more players in the Euro final than any other EPL club. Come to that I think we pobably had more in the semi's than anyone else as well. I know there is a lot of debate about how well / poorly Torres has done and the quality or otherwise of Aragonés as a manager but surely the experience will be a benifit for the players and if they win it'll be a huge confidence boost to come back to the club with.

Very good point. I think the fact that they have reached the final alone will do wonders for Torres,Reina,Arbeloa,Alonso,Villa;) confidence.Think Torres has been class for them over the whole tournament and has shown a different side to his game besides scoring week on week. Can lead the line brilliantly as well as holding up the ball for others. Who said he he is just an out and out goal scorer

United fan alert!

Can't see the point of having a pedantic debate over whether Voronin is a attacking midfielder or a centre forward, either way, lads, he is sh!te

The guy is just not worthy of the shirt IMO.He does himself no favours with his crappy haircut :pac:

I still have my fingers crossed that we snuck a sneaky "buy back" clause into the contract when we sold him!:p

If there was one it's just gone out the window with his xfer to Atletico (who're going to loan him out for a year). Would love to still have him at the club but the guy wanted 1st team football so you can't blame him for leaving.

ALT did a good job of burning his bridges with Rafa almost as soon as Rafa arrived. He had a few chances since but never did much. Sooner he's gone the better for all concerned imo.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    I know he scored a few when he left but what are his stats like for the last couple of seasons?

61 appearances 20 goals.
    If there was one it's just gone out the window with his xfer to Atletico (who're going to loan him out for a year). Would love to still have him at the club but the guy wanted 1st team football so you can't blame him for leaving.

ALT did a good job of burning his bridges with Rafa almost as soon as Rafa arrived. He had a few chances since but never did much. Sooner he's gone the better for all concerned imo.

A season long loan wouldn't supercede a buy back clause.
    It's only be if they sold him.
    Not that we have one or anything.:p

Le Tallec always had an attitude problem.
    I can't see him doing anything in England.
    His only hope is a fresh start in another league.

evil_seed wrote: »
    but wouldnt that clause only be vailid from the club we sold him to. afaik he is joining athletico madrid this summer

I'd imagine so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Doesn't look like Liverpool will be signing any big names this summer. So far we've managed to get some unheard of Italian full back who has never been capped for Italy.

A season long loan wouldn't supercede a buy back clause.
    It's only be if they sold him.
    Not that we have one or anything.:p

But they have sold him which was my point. We sold him to Recreativo who've now sold him to Atletico who're supposedly going to loan him out next season

I'm telling yas ............... ;)

r83219_242515.jpg

Linked to Downing again - 12m. Ugh. It pretty much means we arent in for the likes of Silva. Theres no way Rafa would spend 12m on a left winger (Downing) and follow it up by spending another 18m or so. That would be 30m.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article4221781.ece

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/06/27/boro-ready-to-fight-off-liverpool-s-stewart-downing-interest-89520-20622617/

But they have sold him which was my point. We sold him to Recreativo who've now sold him to Atletico who're supposedly going to loan him out next season

I thought it was just a loan to Atletico.

Oh well.

At least he's gone to my favorite Spanish team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Doesn't look like Liverpool will be signing any big names this summer. So far we've managed to get some unheard of Italian full back who has never been capped for Italy.

He was I think Once.

According to the bbc gossip page various papers have us linked with downing.
    Portsmouth have been told to restructure the 9 million deal for crouch.
    More talk on yossi moving to spurs and another team who i was suprised to hear but cannot remember now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Not too sure how he's unheard of. I didn't know of him as i dont watch much Serie A, but he seems to have been the stand out Left Back of the season. Rave reviews from any Italian based journalists.

• Advertisement

I'm telling yas ............... ;)

r83219_242515.jpg

I wish!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

More talk on yossi moving to spurs and another team who i was suprised to hear but cannot remember now!

Ajax, babel's old team.

Made me chuckle.
    Harry Kewell's no mastermind

FOOTBALLERS have a reputation for not being the sharpest tools in the box.

Quite understandably, a few complain about the stereotype, while others simply struggle to understand the metaphor.

But for every bright spark like Phil Neville or Jamie Carragher, there’s a Harry Kewell.

The persistently injured winger actually managed a full 90 minutes for Australia last weekend, as captain no less, then defiantly declared: "I never came here to prove anything to anyone. The only person I really wanted to prove anything to was my old manager (Rafael Benitez), just to show him I can play."

Good thinking, H.

Turn it on against renowned world powers China in a dead rubber on the other side of the world being played on a Sunday morning in the middle of June.

That’ll show Rafa.

After all, you only had three years and 86 first team matches to try and catch the manager’s eye at Anfield.

P.S. The final score in Sydney was Australia 0, China 1.

That showed him, Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Stewart Downing is hardly a world-class winger. He looks quite good with a second-rate premiership side, but I don't think he would be quite as good with a top 4 (probably top 6 for the Pool this season though), a la Damien Duff.

And what's the story with the 2 full backs? Hardly top of the range, are they? Dossena is a lucky guy to have such an eagle-eye view for the Italian matches from his perch on the bench. Degen? Pfft. It's all a bit worrying really. Poor Benitez seems obsessed with mediocrity and I think ye'll have another pair of Kronkamp's and that Spanish full-back who was one of Rafa's first signings.

If I were a Liverpool fan, I'd be worried. Why spend over 10million each on two out and out strikers like Kuyt and Babel to make average wingers out of them? Now, he's looking to replace his make-shift wingers with even more decent, yet not champions league standard, signings.

I can't see Liverpool competing with the top four at all. Only one player from their side would get on to United's, Chelsea's or Arsenal's first eleven- Fernando Torres. And the poster who tells me that Steven Gerrard would is blinded totally by his contribution in Istanbul that night.

Ekels wrote: »
    Stewart Downing is hardly a world-class winger. He looks quite good with a second-rate premiership side, but I don't think he would be quite as good with a top 4 (probably top 6 for the Pool this season though), a la Damien Duff.

And what's the story with the 2 full backs? Hardly top of the range, are they? Dossena is a lucky guy to have such an eagle-eye view for the Italian matches from his perch on the bench. Degen? Pfft. It's all a bit worrying really. Poor Benitez seems obsessed with mediocrity and I think ye'll have another pair of Kronkamp's and that Spanish full-back who was one of Rafa's first signings.

If I were a Liverpool fan, I'd be worried. Why spend over 10million each on two out and out strikers like Kuyt and Babel to make average wingers out of them? Now, he's looking to replace his make-shift wingers with even more decent, yet not champions league standard, signings.

I can't see Liverpool competing with the top four at all. Only one player from their side would get on to United's, Chelsea's or Arsenal's first eleven- Fernando Torres. And the poster who tells me that Steven Gerrard would is blinded totally by his contribution in Istanbul that night.

wow.

Welcome to my ignore list.

just click ignore tusky no need to comment, plus its quiet rude to tell someone you are ignoring them, would you do it in real life?

This may be the most stupid post i have ever read.

Unbelievable.

This place is going to the dogs.
    just click ignore tusky no need to comment, plus its quiet rude to tell someone you are ignoring them, would you do it in real life?

would you pull someone you dont know up on their bad manners in real life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,304 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yeah super post, its a pity liverpools team isnt filled with brilliant superstars like park ji sung, philip senderos and paulo ferreira

god we get some awful drivel in this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

So Steven Gerrard has only ever played well in 1 game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Are the kids out of school for the summer or what?

I'm only going to respond to your last paragraph. You're telling me that Javier Mascherano, Pepe Reina, Martin Skrtel, Daniel Agger, Ryan Babel, Steven Gerrard and Andriy Voronin wouldn't get into the Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea team? Pfft, you're having a laugh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement