Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Boggles wrote: »
    Carrick and Sidwell the same level, maybe?

Carrick has known nothing but success since joining United.

Sidwell leaves a successful Reading team, they get relegated.

Is that 8 million worth, doubt it.

wasnt chelseas goal in the champions league final carricks fault? wonder if he'd be so good if utd hadnt won the penos.

regarding liverpool, the thought of paying 18 million for barry is enough to make any pool fan sick.

is he a good player? yes
    would he be an asset and improve the squad? yes

but he is not that much of an upgrade on alonso tbh, and ive been one of the biggest advocates of cutting xabi loose.

i just cant see how we can justify paying 18 million for a 28 year old who hasnt kicked a ball in the champions league (or even the uefa cup?). anything more than 12 million is just a rip off tbh and we're not that desperate.

time to move on to other targets i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I think Barry will make our first 11 stronger, i think he will greatly improve the standard of our play.

I dont want to pay crazy money, but as the mancs have said, thats par for the course for top clubs.

Rafa knows best anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

el rabitos wrote: »
    wasnt chelseas goal in the champions league final carricks fault? wonder if he'd be so good if utd hadnt won the penos.

Did you watch that match? I don't even know how carrick could be at fault for it.

Michael Carrick is a great player. So is Gareth Barry, if ye had the money ye'd pay 18M gladly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

wasnt chelseas goal in the champions league final carricks fault? wonder if he'd be so good if utd hadnt won the penos

I wonder if my Aunt had Bollíx would she be a mechanic like my uncle! :rolleyes:

Wasn't Milan's 3rd goal in the final of 2005 Gerrards fault, doesn't mean he is shíté.
    i just cant see how we can justify paying 18 million for a 28 year old who hasnt kicked a ball in the champions league (or even the uefa cup?). anything more than 12 million is just a rip off tbh and we're not that desperate.

He is 27 not 28. And lots of players have been successful without ever sticking a toe in Europe.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I think Barry will make our first 11 stronger, i think he will greatly improve the standard of our play.

there are other younger players out there that will make out first 11 stronger and in areas where it needs strengthening greater than our overstacked central midfield.

we're looking at giving 18 million to a team looking at trying to push themselves into the top 4. its too much, time to move on imo.

anyway, something should happen soon enough one way or another

lordgoat wrote: »
    Michael Carrick is a great player. So is Gareth Barry.

Tut Tut, Utd fans bandy that word around wayyy too much.

Ronaldo is a great player. Torres is a great player. Gerrard is a great player. Zidane was a great player. Keane was a great player.

Barry and Carrick were/(barry still is) very good players playing for lower level clubs.

I dont think Carrick has developed into a "great" player since joining Utd, i think he has maintained the same level, or even gone down a little.

I think he is a weak link within your team and was awful for the majority of last season (Aug-Sep-Oct-Nov-Dec-Jan).

Maybe the same will happen to Barry, or maybe he will develop into a "great player" but neither are that yet, thats for sure.

I wonder if my Aunt had Bollíx would she be a mechanic like my uncle! :rolleyes:

Wasn't Milan's 3rd goal in the final of 2005 Gerrards fault, doesn't mean he is shíté.

yeah but gerrard isnt ****e from one end of the season to the next. carricks mistake was just an exclamation mark on a sub par season, he's out of his dept in that team...

i wonder if your mother had a bollix would he troll on an internet forum

He is 27 not 28. And lots of players have been successful without ever sticking a toe in Europe.

true, but there are other players out there that are younger and have stuck a toe in europe and might be less of a risk and wont strenghten a rival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Carrick was bought for 14 million rising to 18 odd depending on what he won.

He won the Prem twice and the Champions League, how can that be over priced?

It's not like he single handedly won it for them is it, he was in a team that won it, doesn't make him suddenly worth it. Smicer and Traore have CL winners medels, doesn't make them good players. I know your probably a little biased (as I assume you support united) but most level headed united supporters i've spoken to would concede that they paid way over the odds for him

Robbed from another site, but thought it quite appropriate.

rv90dd.jpg
    2vaeejb.jpg

Good God Al, this takes your "joke" towards serious connotations......:eek::eek:

Extra ghey.

RE: Barry/Carrick. I dont think either of them are or ever will be regarded as "great players". Carrick is solid and at times under rated but his lack of goals as well as his lack of bite mean he's basically just another cog in an overall great wheel rather than being a great part of said wheel (sorry for the confusing analogy).

I think the term "great player" is over used nowadays anyway. In 15-20 years time I exoecc Carrick to be remembered the same was someone like basler or Antonio Conte will be remembered. Good solid player, but nothing overly special.

Barry right now may not even be remembered unless he gets his desired move in which case I think he'll end up being remembered similarly to Carrick.

colly10 wrote: »
    It's not like he single handedly won it for them is it, he was in a team that won it, doesn't make him suddenly worth it. Smicer and Traore have CL winners medels, doesn't make them good players. I know your probably a little biased (as I assume you support united) but most level headed united supporters i've spoken to would concede that they paid way over the odds for him

He helped turn Uniteds midfield into a good United but he wasnt bought to be the guy to drag United through games on his own.

I think its unfair to compare him to Sicer and Traore, thats just taking the piss. Keep that for people like John O Shea!! :pac::pac:

I agree we paid too much for him but the problem is any of the top 4 are gonna have to pay over the odds for any player with an English passport. Thats the way it is.

Its the same with barry, the figures being mooted of the likes of £15 million, is for me over the odds but thats what ya have to pay for English players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

regarding liverpool, the thought of paying 18 million for barry is enough to make any pool fan sick.

is he a good player? yes
    would he be an asset and improve the squad? yes

but he is not that much of an upgrade on alonso tbh, and ive been one of the biggest advocates of cutting xabi loose.

time to move on to other targets i reckon

Speak for yourself. Make a Liverpool fan sick? What ****ing planet are you on!!

Not only is he a good player and will add to our squad, he will add to the first team and offer a level of consistency that Alonso was unfortunately unable to offer.

We paid 24 million last year for a player that hadn't kicked a ball inthe CL before.. We paid 18 million of another one that hadn'et kicked a ball in the CL before and couldn't even get a league game for West Ham.. Look at how both of those have turned out. You will argue that they have proven themselves at International level - Barry was recently England captain and is apparently in the running to be made a permanent captain. There is also an argument that he should maintain his place in the team ahead of Carrick, Lampard and Hargreaves. There are even some saying that he is 1 of 4 players being considered as being the permanent England captain.

Time to take your head out of your hole and get some perspective.

18M is higher than what I would like to play but I didn't like the idea of spending 18M on Masch and or 24M on Torres. Rafa knows what he is doing. Any players that he has spent a large amount on have generally been nothing but a success. Time to get past it and trust in what he is doing.

It's not like he single handedly won it for them is it, he was in a team that won it,

No player wins anything on there own.
    doesn't make him suddenly worth it. Smicer and Traore have CL winners medels, doesn't make them good players.
    Add 2 Prem league medals in 2 years to their CV's, the arguement would be there that they are.
    but most level headed united supporters i've spoken to would concede that they paid way over the odds for him

At the time, yes I did think he was over priced. But on reflection, he was great value.

Look at it this way if Liverpool sign Barry for 18m and win the league twice in a row and the Champions league with him in the side even 75% of the matches, was he over priced?

18M on Masch and or 24M on Torres.

:(

I hate the media.

I hate the media.

The figure for Masch is 18M. If you think that that is including his wages, you are kidding yourself.

The figure was Torres is 20 million but at the time was rumoured to be 24 million.

And don't imply that I am gullible enough to believe the media in everything.

Speak for yourself. Make a Liverpool fan sick? What ****ing planet are you on!!

Not only is he a good player and will add to our squad, he will add to the first team and offer a level of consistency that Alonso was unfortunately unable to offer.

We paid 24 million last year for a player that hadn't kicked a ball inthe CL before.. We paid 18 million of another one that hadn'et kicked a ball in the CL before and couldn't even get a league game for West Ham..

Time to take your head out of your hole and get some perspective.

18M is higher than what I would like to play but I didn't like the idea of spending 18M on Masch and or 24M on Torres. Rafa knows what he is doing. Any players that he has spent a large amount on have generally been nothing but a success. Time to get past it and trust in what he is doing.

ok, we didnt pay those fee's for either of those players.

secondly, west ham/kia whatshisface and atletico are not our rivals

thirdly both players were under 24.

paying 18 million STERLING, to a rival team for a player 27 is just too much for me. i think there are better options out there.

time to take your head out of your hole and realise there are plenty of liverpool fans that think its just too much.

and its not a reflection on barry, because he IS a fine player and would improve any team. but theres a price that he's worth and then theres the ridiculous amount villa are after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I dont want to pay crazy money, but as the mancs have said, thats par for the course for top clubs.

Rafa knows best anyway.

x2

That is absurd. Carrick is anything but a world class player but is a very good player who continues to offer United quite a lot. I don' t rate him particularly highly but you cannot deny his contribution to the United starting 11.

Consider the fact that he has held a regular position in the United 11 for the past two seasons in which they won the league twice and won the CL once. The seasons before he was signed, the obviouos weakness in the United team was the centre of midfield. Only himself and Hargreaves have been added since then and Carrick has played a far bigger role than Hargreaves has.

That doesn't mean that he is responsible for United winning what they have but it does mean that he played a massive part in it. To dismiss his contributions to that team or his ability as a player is retarded - regardless of whatever amount they pain for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

We paid 24 million last year for a player that hadn't kicked a ball inthe CL before.. We paid 18 million of another one that hadn'et kicked a ball in the CL

The difference between these situations is clear though. Torres & Mascherano were both 23 when we signed them. Barry is 27 and will be 28 half way through next season. If we buy him and hes with us for 3 or 4 years, he will be 30/31 and will have practically no resale value.

In 4 years, when Torres is 27/28 we could probably make a profit on him! Same with Mascherano. Having said that, I hope that both of those players stay with Liverpool until the end of their careers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

I didn't notice this yesterday (on this forum or on the internet in general), But Zarate seems to have signed for Lazio:

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=755864

I know Benitez was interested in him at one time or another.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

It's a sorry sight that on the day after 4 of our players have come away with European Championship medals, with 1 scoring the winning goal, this thread has descended into comparing players of 2 rival clubs...!

Who gives a toss if Gareth Barry is good value IF and when he comes to Liverpool, or whether Michael Carrick or Owen Hargreaves are good/crap or were overpriced etc.

Congrats to Torres, Pepe Reina, Arbeloa, and Alonso who all played their part in Spain's campaign..

Tusky wrote: »
    The difference between these situations is clear though. Torres & Mascherano were both 23 when we signed them. Barry is 27 and will be 28 half way through next season. If we buy him and hes with us for 3 or 4 years, he will be 30/31 and will have practically no resale value.

Teams serious about winning things don't give a toss about resale value IMO.

Wasn't Zidane 29 when he set the world record transer fee.

What was Figo?

What was Figo?

Thats absolute bollax though isnt it ? Every manager has to take into account resale value when agreeing a price for a transfer. In this day and age, clubs are run like businesses. They dont just throw away millions without a back up plan.

There may be special cases for the likes of Figo or Zidane, who at the time were the best players in the world. We are talking about Gareth Barry here, not Zidane.
    spockety wrote: »
    It's a sorry sight that on the day after 4 of our players have come away with European Championship medals, with 1 scoring the winning goal, this thread has descended into comparing players of 2 rival clubs...!

Who gives a toss if Gareth Barry is good value IF and when he comes to Liverpool, or whether Michael Carrick or Owen Hargreaves are good/crap or were overpriced etc.

Congrats to Torres, Pepe Reina, Arbeloa, and Alonso who all played their part in Spain's campaign..

Not really. Euro 08 is over and theres plenty of other threads on it. The biggest talking point at the moment for Liverpool fans is the Barry transfer, hence the discussion.

I still find it hard to believe that Rafas main focus is on a central midfielder when we have such problems out wide...but that discussion has been done many times already.

What was Figo?

Boggles are you citing Real Madrid as some sort of good example to follow when it comes to the transfer market?!

said it before, say it again...

remove your sig!!!!

ok, we didnt pay those fee's for either of those players.

secondly, west ham/kia whatshisface and atletico are not our rivals

thirdly both players were under 24.

paying 18 million STERLING, to a rival team for a player 27 is just too much for me. i think there are better options out there.

time to take your head out of your hole and realise there are plenty of liverpool fans that think its just too much.

and its not a reflection on barry, because he IS a fine player and would improve any team. but theres a price that he's worth and then theres the ridiculous amount villa are after.

We are not competing with Villa. Villa are nowhere near making the step up to 4th place. They have a decent first 11 but that comes a good short without factoring the 10 odd additional squad players that they would need. In the same way that Liverpool are 2 or 3 years behind United in terms of the quality of players signed, Villa are possibly 4 or 5 years behind Liverpool.

Out first priority is in improving our squad. We shouldn't be concerned about what money goes to clubs that we are apparently competing with. The position that the player is being signed for is one of the most important positions on a pitch and there is little or not hope of competing for the PL title if the position is not filled by players offer or have sufficient experience, quality or consistentcy.

Barry has been playing as Villa captain for a few years now and have consistently impressed at whatever level he played at. He has managed to oust players that have bigger reputations and play for bigger clubs. He has also managed to be given the role as captain for England in a recent international.

Players like Barry, those who never quite get the recognition that they deserve while consistently doing everything right and very little worng, are the very players that you need playing alongside superstars. They are the engine of the team and facilitate the game of the superstars. Without both type of player, you have little or no hope of winning the league.

Barry is ready made and will step right into the role without needing an extended period to settle in. No player signed from the continent will be able to step in and replace Alonso immediately other than an experienced PL player.

remove your sig!!!!

Sig stays - you know what you did. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Just to go on a tangent for a bit.
    RAFA'S ROTATION - FACT OR FICTION

Hi Martin, there's a really annoying bloke in my office who keeps defending Rafa Benitez. Personally I don't care either way, but like winding him up. I do however, think that Rafa uses too many players and chops and changes his side too much. Have you got any stats to prove me right or compare Liverpool with the rest of the Premier League? Dermot Molly

MARTIN SAYS: I am not sure I want to give you any more ammunition to wind up work colleagues Dermot, but having got on to our good friends at Opta, the stats for players used in the Premier League do indeed make interesting reading - particularly as far as Liverpool and Rafa Benitez are concerned. The Spaniard has been, I think it's fair to say, criticised in some quarters for rotating his starting side and using too many players but the stats do show that it might not necessarily be the case. Of course, the figures are somewhat distorted by clubs such as Fulham and Derby bringing in plenty of new faces in the transfer window and the change in manager at several clubs this season, which leads to an inevitable increase in players used. But in 22 Premier League games so far this season, Benitez has only used a grand total of 23 players, 22 of them in his starting sides - the same as Arsene Wenger at Arsenal. The only sides to have called on fewer people are Wigan, Everton, Blackburn and Aston Villa. Of course, the argument that Benitez tinkers with his line-up too frequently still stands, but he hasn't used as many players as some would have you believe.

TEAM____________PLAYERS USED__________PLAYERS STARTING

Derby County____________31___________________30

Bolton Wanderers_________28___________________26

Chelsea_________________27___________________26

Middlesbrough____________27___________________26

Sunderland_______________27___________________25

Fulham__________________27___________________23

Tottenham Hotspur________26___________________25

West Ham Utd____________26___________________23

Birmingham City___________25___________________23

Manchester City___________24___________________24

Manchester United_________24___________________23

Portsmouth_______________24___________________23

Reading__________________24___________________22

Newcastle Utd____________24___________________21

Arsenal__________________23___________________22

Liverpool_________________23___________________22

Wigan Athletic____________23___________________22

Everton__________________21___________________20

Blackburn Rovers___________21__________________19

Aston Villa________________21___________________19

Boggles are you citing Real Madrid as some sort of good example to follow when it comes to the transfer market?!

He is right to be honest. Real Madrid are not an example of prudent spending but you cannot deny the successes they achieved in setting world record transfer fees for mature players.

I think its unfair to compare him to Sicer and Traore, thats just taking the piss. Keep that for people like John O Shea!! :pac::pac:

Im not really (he's a far better player), im just saying that he's arguement that he's obviously a great player because of what he has won is rubbish
    I agree we paid too much for him but the problem is any of the top 4 are gonna have to pay over the odds for any player with an English passport. Thats the way it is.

True, but where they are charging over the odds we should look elsewhere for a cheaper player of similar quality. Like we could spend 18 on Barry or find a better player abroad for 18 (or a similar player for less)

He is right to be honest. Real Madrid are not an example of prudent spending but you cannot deny the successes they achieved in setting world record transfer fees for mature players.

Exactly Madrid are a bad example, business wise. But you can't deniy the success.

But if the likes of United go out and Splash 30-35 million on Berbatov, I don't think resale value will be high on the agenda.

No player wins anything on there own.

Agreed, the fact that he's won some medels does not make him a great player though (or even a good player, although yes he is a good player)
    Look at it this way if Liverpool sign Barry for 18m and win the league twice in a row and the Champions league with him in the side even 75% of the matches, was he over priced?

Yes, unless he personally shows that as a footballer he is worth the money we paid for him then he is overpriced, having success while he is in the side does not show that he is worth the money we paid for him. Torres has not won anything for Liverpool, so did United get better value out of Carrick than we got out of Torres?

• Advertisement

I don' t rate him particularly highly but you cannot deny his contribution to the United starting 11.

I don't deny Carrick is a good player, if you reread my post you will clearly see that what im saying is that the medals that he has do not prove that he is a good player, boggles has said that because he has won medles with United he is obviously worth 18m, to me thats laughable.
    That doesn't mean that he is responsible for United winning what they have but it does mean that he played a massive part in it. To dismiss his contributions to that team or his ability as a player is retarded - regardless of whatever amount they pain for him.

Again I have not dismissed him, I have said he is not worth what they paid and the fact they have won something does not suddenly make him worth the 18m that they paid for him (as was argued by boggles)

As for my comments being "retarded", you are argueing against something I have not even said
    I don' t rate him particularly highly

You don't rate him highly but think he's well worth 18m, bit of a contridiction I think

I don't deny Carrick is a good player, if you reread my post you will clearly see that what im saying is that the medals that he has do not prove that he is a good player, boggles has said that because he has won medles with United he is obviously worth 18m, to me thats laughable.

Again I have not dismissed him, I have said he is not worth what they paid and the fact they have won something does not suddenly make him worth the 18m that they paid for him (as was argued by boggles)

As for my comments being "retarded", you are argueing against something I have not even said

You don't rate him highly but think he's well worth 18m, bit of a contridiction I think

Well no. I don't recognise him particularly highly as an individual but there is no disputing that he was one of the final parts in the puzzle that led to United regaining the league.

It is about finding the right players that compliment each other. Ferguson can easily justify the fee that he paid for Carrick by the immediate improvement that was witnessed in United's peformance. He was a big contributor to success in the league.

The drop in form that occurred in Spurs after he left is also some indication on the overall effect he has on a team without ever being amazing as an individual. Only managers and the players around every notice and appreciate the contribution that these players really make.

Thankfully, it is the manager and not the fans that are the ones that make the decision.

True, but where they are charging over the odds we should look elsewhere for a cheaper player of similar quality. Like we could spend 18 on Barry or find a better player abroad for 18 (or a similar player for less)

Who have you in mind?

Who have you in mind?

Would like to know this too.

article on celebrations in Spain;
    Bodies sprayed out of car windows like beef from a mincer, waving banners and honking their horns, getting oléd as they passed through Spain flags as matador's capes. Fireworks went off. Spain shirts were everywhere and so were Liverpool ones - more than Madrid or Barça.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/06/30/proud_spain_almost_lost_for_wo.html

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And what sort of bollox is this?

And what sort of bollox is this?

It's more related to the thread topic than most of the sh1te that has been 'contributed' here in the last couple of days.

It's more related to the thread topic than most of the sh1te that has been 'contributed' here in the last couple of days.

We can congratulate the Spanish Liverpool players all day but they dont read boards.ie so its a bit pointless. As I said, although tiresome, the Gareth Barry transfer is the biggest talking point for Liverpool fans at the moment.

Tusky wrote: »
    We can congratulate the Spanish Liverpool players all day but they dont read boards.ie so its a bit pointless. As I said, although tiresome, the Gareth Barry transfer is the biggest talking point for Liverpool fans at the moment.

Yeah, and that's fine, but half of what I've read here today is Man Utd supporters banging on about Michael Carrick and Owen Hargreaves! At least, after they stopped going on about whether or not Fernando Torres did or did not pay for any/all sangria served in Carragher's bar last night.

I suppose it'll improve once the league rolls around again, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I agree with spockety here. I'll take a dim view of posters derailing this thread from its intended purpose.

• Advertisement

Yeah, and that's fine, but half of what I've read here today is Man Utd supporters banging on about Michael Carrick and Owen Hargreaves!

It was a discussion on whether Barry was overvalued due to the fact he is an english international midfielder. Carrick and Hargreaves were relative examples, because guess what? they were the last 2 english international midfielders sold over the odds.

There was nothing wrong with the debate, it didn't get out of hand, and is central to the theme of the thread. I don't see the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

My dad is a solicitor and he was speaking to a representitive of Robbie Keane today and he said Liverpool are going to land Keano for £25m.

Im not bull****ting here, and neither is my dad he was told this at lunch, im not saying its cast iron, but what would you guys make of that?

Would you like Keano? Keane-Torres could work well.

would like Keane for about 10m and Crouch, anymore than that and i'd prefer other options i think.

interestingly Ballague is on LFCTV talking on the phone at the minute, and he said there is no way Villa will be coming to us, that he wants to stay in Spain, after that we would be his choice, but that we cannot afford him, that he'll be sold for around €45m euro.

sad but true :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah sorry i forgot to add Crouch was part of the deal, so i think your right it comes to a total of £25m inc. Crouch, thats about £14m + Crouch.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    My dad is a solicitor and he was speaking to a representitive of Robbie Keane today and he said Liverpool are going to land Keano for £25m.

Im not bull****ting here, and neither is my dad he was told this at lunch, im not saying its cast iron, but what would you guys make of that?

:rolleyes:

Id love to see Keane at Anfield. He scores goal consistently in the league and would be a great addition to the team. I dont think hes worth 25m though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Hope this is for real.Im holding out putting torres on the back of my new Jersey to see if Keano signs:)

Well Rafa values Crouch at more than 10m, so its between 10-15 depending wat you value Crouch at, i'd be happy enough with that tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i've wanted keane at anfield for years. never gonna happen though

It was a discussion on whether Barry was overvalued due to the fact he is an english international midfielder. Carrick and Hargreaves were relative examples, because guess what? they were the last 2 english international midfielders sold over the odds.

There was nothing wrong with the debate, it didn't get out of hand, and is central to the theme of the thread. I don't see the problem.

I'm afraid my view of you isn't based just on today, but your other 100 odd postings in this thread. You have come in here like a bull in a china shop. You spout off slagging off Liverpool Football Club, Liverpool players, other Liverpool supporters who post here, and you're a hypocrite. Only today you posted a picture of a guy in a tin foil hat, I presume that was meant to be me.

Use the search feature on this thread and look back through all your old postings, see how they all stack up. I have no respect for anything you say, no matter how reasoned it appears, because you have already gone too far down in my reckoning to give your views a chance.

Maybe you're genuine, but you sure have a funny way of appearing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

OK enough of this.

Boggle. Have your opinion. I'm TELLING you (see post above) that there is an issue with it. Hence my warning. If you want to ignore that warning, that is your call.

Spockety, I understand your frustration, but you have a report post function that you can use. These sparring matches derail threads as much as the off-topicness.

I expect this to be the last post on this matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement