Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dare I ask the questions .... .results ...

• 23-05-2008 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭

hi everyone,

hope the exams went well for you. I am dreading asking this question but does anyone know when the results are out?

I am assuming that we are looking at a month at the very least, any one have any indication so i begin to worry about the impending day.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I am fairly sure that they try to get them to us fairly quickly, I would check the site to see if I can find out, but due to this countries increadibly poor internet infrastructure I am now using ****e slow BB and it would take a fare while to open the page :( , far longer then it took to type this little rant ( and I am quite a slow typer :p) .

Afaik they should deffo be out before the end of June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Hi,

The exam results are out on the 13th. Might change for the odd course here and there but the vast majority of the college will be getting their results on the 13th. Best of luck to all! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Mini

Thanks for that - should we worry that it is friday 13th :D:D

ah frick are you serious. Never noticed if it was a friday?:O

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

How did it go for everyone so?

I only did one, and I failed it. Just curious by how much and I cant get the option to login and check my results! The lecturer gave a paper different to what she promised, and is now refusing to get back to me or the college! Even the head of dept. cant get in touch with her. Have the option to appeal, but I doubt its gonna get me very far!

• Advertisement

I'd appeal kev, she is a dodgy individual as i have maintained in other threads on this site, and i firmly believe that her unorthodox and unprepared form of lecturering would not be endorsed by the college. I passed, am delighted, didn't expect to, but sure that's the luck of the draw, Please appeal, i have a dislike for said individual, i have not hidden that, i think you should appeal to make sure that at the very least a fair paper is wrote for the repeats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Mini

hi all,

got my results today, whoohoo i passed. I'm so delighted. was convinced i failed.

sully with regards to your exams, it may be worth appealing - but i don't know if you have grounds because the questions the lecturer gave you didnt come up. I only say this as a similar thing happened one of the girls in my class last year. and they said they would recheck. but that any notes a lecturer gave were a guideline and never a g'tee to come up.

but if you feel that you did enough to pass then appeal - it is worth it.

hope it all works out. x

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

with out naming any one could some one hint at or even say what the course was with this lecturer?One of my mates has had what sounds like a similar experience, just curious to see if its the same person.
    ON a different note exams went better than I expected and feel like I and the rest of the class have been lucky last semister to have had all the lecturers we had.They were all a nice fair bunch that I genuinely felt like we really learned from and felt we could approach with any questions.

Meatwad wrote: »
    with out naming any one could some one hint at or even say what the course was with this lecturer?One of my mates has had what sounds like a similar experience, just curious to see if its the same person.
    ON a different note exams went better than I expected and feel like I and the rest of the class have been lucky last semister to have had all the lecturers we had.They were all a nice fair bunch that I genuinely felt like we really learned from and felt we could approach with any questions.

Without naming names, It was a lecturer from one of the IT courses in the college, I don't think there is any point in naming the course as many lecturers nowdays span between many courses, Business Lecturers and IT Lecturers often interchange between courses for various aspects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 daveffrench

I'm curious who it is. I don't think i'v ever had any bad female lecturers in college. There was one male lecturer in particular that really shouldn't be at the college. But he is the only really really bad one i'v had.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The lady in question is only part time so I doubt shes known very much!

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Passed all mine - happy days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭coadyj

Sully wrote: »
    How did it go for everyone so?

I only did one, and I failed it. Just curious by how much and I cant get the option to login and check my results! The lecturer gave a paper different to what she promised, and is now refusing to get back to me or the college! Even the head of dept. cant get in touch with her. Have the option to appeal, but I doubt its gonna get me very far!

**** buzz, what was the subject?? Can you not sit the repeat.

Whats it maths? I know jerden had problems with that.

coadyj wrote: »
    **** buzz, what was the subject?? Can you not sit the repeat.

Whats it maths? I know jerden had problems with that.

Twould be Applied Calculus. The exam was mostly based on integration, which is the one topic I didn't cover during studying as the guidelines for the exam she gave said it could be avoided once you could cover the other questions. But, the other questions were tiny and barley covered the other topic and the main chunk of the exam was integration.

I finally got contact today - she left a voice mail basically saying that the exam will be similar and good luck. Not really what I was after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭coadyj

well, at least you get another chance at it. Was Jerden taking that exam too? Integration isn't that hard, you should get it no problems this time. Saying that i haven't done integration since first year college back in 1999.

As a point of interest to other people reading this, NEVER under any circumstances leave out a main topic from your revision, You should make time to study all parts of the exam. Lectures change their exam all the time.

Anyway kev, you will be fine for the repeat, just start studying now. :)

Nope, Jerden did the last semester Maths which afaik, we both passed. Its been a while since we spoke due to the time zone difference, so I cant double check!
    coadyj wrote: »
    As a point of interest to other people reading this, NEVER under any circumstances leave out a main topic from your revision, You should make time to study all parts of the exam. Lectures change their exam all the time.

To be fair james, thats not interely true. If a lecturer says you have 7 questions and to do 4, and states what each question will be on - you should be able to drop a weaker topic. 99.9% of lecturers give a rough guideline like this and 99.9% of the time it works out perfectly. In the event it doesnt, you have every right to appeal (as I found out) but in my case I really just couldnt be bothered spending 60 + 75.

Its not like the LC where you have no idea whats coming up and your guessing :)

But ya, hopefully things will go well. Im going in today to do a bit of work, and get an exam paper in Networking which I defered due to my bros wedding (gave them a year and a half notice and they still made a balls of the exam time table :P). Ill just go back over my notes and study the paper in the hope its going to be similar! :)

On this matter i have to agree with kevin, most of the exams this year we had a similar situation, one guy in particular gave us a number of subjects and told us to pick out our best and study for the ones we thought we would do well in. True to his word when the exam came we could pick out the ones we studied for and work away. The other questions were there too but we could pick the ones we studied for.

Advertisement