Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allow images in posts in AH

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

As was mentioned, server would explode due to lolcats. Even if there wasnt a bandwith issue, I can imagine lolcats being used WAY too much resulting in a flexible rule (see "YORE MA").

1 week trial sounds like a good idea though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

It's just a radio button click away. I'd be okay with a 1 month trial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

lolcat1.jpg
    fail1.jpg
    yoMama.jpg

If you would like to see more of these hilarious images appearing in every single thread, used in a terrifically original context by posters who clearly display towering intellect and dazzling wit, then please allow AH images.
    Bashing the Roma and moaning about scumbags just isn't the same without a lolcat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

fail1.jpg

every time i see that picture i die a little inside. such a waste, it's so sad... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

nowadays i browse AH more on my phone than on a pc so if images were turned on in AH it would make the browsing experience an awful lot more difficult if not impossible.

you could just say "turn images off" but then i'd miss the point of a lot of posts. right now people have to explain their posts in nice, low bandwidth words and if a picture is really necessary, they can attach it.

i like it that way but i realise that problem won't affect most people

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Won't someone think of the 56k-ers!?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Rb wrote: »
    Won't someone think of the 56k-ers!?

No.

Does anyone know why they were turned off in the first place? Was there some kind of situation, like in soccer?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

SDooM wrote: »
    No.

Does anyone know why they were turned off in the first place? Was there some kind of situation, like in soccer?
    The mothers were just too ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Sherifu wrote: »
    The mothers were just too ugly.
    except yours.

raar! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

SDooM wrote: »

Mostly because mods got tired of cleaning up NSFW crap. I think.

Could we just allow images from certain sites, like Flickr, where there is a degree of moderation already? It would prevent a lot of the worst stuff getting through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

every time i see that picture i die a little inside. such a waste, it's so sad... :(
    sorry guys for jumping in here but what are lolcats and where do these funny images come from?like these as below thanks.
    fail1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Alan Ford wrote: »
    sorry guys for jumping in here but what are lolcats and where do these funny images come from?like these as below thanks.

lolcat.jpg

Alan Ford wrote: »
    Google 'lolcats'. They come from various sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

sensein6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Google 'lolcats'. They come from various sites.
    thankssherifu128561231245695343.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't think so I'd rather not have to clean up Polmki's NSFW picture fests and go through pages of cats if I want to read something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Thanks for the overhwhleming support guys. The admins are now gonna enable it on a 2 year trial basis. Woot :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Bad idea, there's already an AH forum for funny pics so the only thing this would add is catfests and bannings and more sob threads here about why was my pic removed.

I don't see the problem with linking.

Thanks rb, I'm a 56k-er (at home anyways), fuppin cat threads take ages to load...

stevec wrote: »
    Thanks rb, I'm a 56k-er (at home anyways), fuppin cat threads take ages to load...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Yore ma's daytime job training video

LMFAO...

Funniest thing I've seen in ages:D:D

Well worth the hour it took to open it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

random wrote: »
    Thanks for the overhwhleming support guys. The admins are now gonna enable it on a 2 year trial basis. Woot :)
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

random wrote: »
    Wouldn't get your hopes up. 2 year trial basis could easily be reduced to 2 weeks.
    Either people will run out of lolcats and lose interest, or one of the less tolerant mods will get fed up of it and stop the madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im sorry.

did everyone manage to see my response.

after all, it is the only one that matters....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

wwm has spoken....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement