Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

public poll

Options
  • 24-05-2008 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭

i'm a 35 year old man..... over the hill!!!! what'd the average age of someone who knows how to post?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ok...

Over the hill at 35, that's sad.

Look at the Census for stats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

im 87 and perfectly caperful here.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Seeing as you can continue to split a moment in time into smaller parts wth no limit, I am in fact infitinitely old.

EDIT: Or 28.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sherifu wrote: »
    Look at the Census for stats.

Definately not enough wimminz in boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Alan Ford wrote: »
    im 87 and perfectly caperful here.:)

I see at least 6 things wrong with this post. Can anybody guess the top 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

stevec wrote: »
    Definately not enough wimminz in boards.
    True but at least we have enough to fill a lounge now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sherifu wrote: »
    True but at least we have enough to fill a lounge now.
    :D most people in there are not wimminz...

Interesting, out of 155,000 members only 2,500 votes so its probably a bit inaccurate.

The admins should advertise it again. Didn't Dev mention it in the podcast (or did I imagine that - It's too long to listen to again)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just in case the old-timers couldn't find it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=4035

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Karoma wrote: »
    I see at least 6 things wrong with this post. Can anybody guess the top 2?
    Only 41, is not capable, nd thee spelling is relay badd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

nevf wrote: »
    Only 41, is not capable, nd thee spelling is relay badd

Okay, next round: This post...

Uh, anyway... OP: it's a mixed bag; don't worry about it. Jump in with both feet.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

Just found my 21st birthday card

In a box marked 1940
    But I'm still capable.......of blowing dust off boxes (the cardboard type)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

staker wrote: »
    i'm a 35 year old man..... over the hill!!!! what'd the average age of someone who knows how to post?
    Age is a state of mind ... especially when it comes to using the internet / bulletin boards etc.

I guess there was probably a time when they were more complicated and required a fair degree of tech know-how to use properly, but that time is long gone.

Actually, I was talking to a guy in his late 70s recently who was telling me that for years he has regularly communicated with his grandchildren in the US and in Australia by email, and has now been persuaded by them to try out gmail chat, and thinks it's the best thing since the sliced pan! He is now exploring the use of something he calls "Sky P" ... :D

Advertisement