Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Byte Sized News

• 24-05-2008 2:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

This is a once off people so enjoy it, if you can...

Just one more goalkeeper, give it to me
    Fulham have pipped Chelsea to top of the strength and depth in goalkeeping league with the signing of yet another veteran goal-keep in Mark Schwarzer.
    He joins Kasey Keller, anti Niemi and Trinidad and Tobego international tony Warner behind the sticks, a goalkeeping quadrumvirate at the Cottage with a remarkable cumulative age of a 142. A geriatric squad rotation in goal beckons.

Hleb's a free-man
    Hleb has left arsenal, his agent 16 minutes ago said
    “I can officially confirm that a short time ago Alexander decided that he will leave Arsenal and join another club,”
    My question Why are all these players going to inter now, if that is where he is going before Mourinho takes over...

Who will take his place
    Samir Nasri's agent has said that his transfer to Arsenal will be completed by the weekend whoop!
    It is thought that Marseille will use the money generated from the Nasri transfer to finance a move for Lyon winger Hatem Ben Arfa - who was also linked with Arsenal - who, despite looking set to leave the seven-time Ligue 1 winners, will not be leaving his native France...

Rape Rape
    fifteen girls aged 11-22 are currently involved in testifying to their rape at parties in ibiza with Canizares the overtly blond valencia goalkeeper one of the many sportsmen implicated

Ribery Ribery
    "Sure, I'll do it, [mock Anelka]" joker Ribery told Reuters, when asked whether his France team mate faced some ribbing for his shoot-out miss in Wednesday's final in Moscow.

carlos Teves
    Man United don't care that Carlos Tevez looks like NickNack and is
    covered in flob, they're going to make his loan deal permanent for
    GBP20m, which might come as a shock to those of you who thought
    they'd done so aeons ago

Thierry Henry
    Thierry Henry reckons Euro 2008 may be the last international
    tournament in which he goes missing during big matches
    Eh also claims new barcelona coach manager is happy for him to stay, no wonder henry keeps telling eto'o to leave.

10m: Amount Thierry Henry was paid to stay at Arsenal for one more season in 2006 - £5m in wages plus a previously undisclosed up-front £5m signing-on fee, revealed in club accounts last week.

2006: Thierry says he stayed 'for love'. 'I simply could not face leaving the fans. They are my family. The love I have received in this country has been amazing. I've never played in Spain and now I never will. This is my last big contract - it's where I belong, where my heart is. Full stop. And this was never about money. My decision to stay or leave was never going to be based on economic considerations. People want to give you a label as a footballer where it's all about money, money, money - they should stop talking about that. It's not. It's about emotion, respect, loyalty - and real love.'

Uefa
    ctober: Uefa reveal new 30-second TV information film aimed at tackling obesity: 'Millions of Europeans are overweight. We're sending out a powerful message.' Also on Uefa.com: McDonald's confirmed as main sponsor of Euro 2008. The deal includes a network of 'McCafes' at all Euro 2008 venues: 'McDonald's are mad about football!'

Toon
    Paul Ince has a 16-year-old son called Thomas, who has just signed for Liverpool, while Newcastle will fill the jail bird-shaped hole in their midfield with £5m Le Mans midfielder Stephane Sessegnon

Barça To Seal Keita Deal
    Sevilla midfielder Seydou Keita has agreed to join Barcelona in the summer on a four-year deal. Apparently the deal just needs a few i's dotted and t's crossed to be official...

Silver medal for Ginola
    Better known to English football fans as a hawker of anti-dandruff
    shampoo, David Ginola has won a silver award in his debut season as a
    wine-maker for his Coste Brulade rose at the International Wine
    Challenge.

Vidic doesn't wish blame to be put on Drogba
    “After the throw-in we had to return the ball to Chelsea and we did that by sending the ball again out of play,” said the Slovakian.
    “Tevez got pushed for doing that and I immediately came to protect him.
    “I also asked Chelsea’s players what is the problem as they previously returned the ball by kicking it out — and I thought Tevez did not do anything wrong.
    “The pushing continued then Drogba touched me but I don’t blame him.”

Comments

Advertisement