Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfight

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Even though she was an absolute ****, no.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dudess wrote: »
    Even though she was an absolute ****, no.
    Agree. I think the 'publicity' of being a stupid, irresponsible liar would have been enough. Sorry, it just seems too premeditated for me to agree with beating her up.

Any time Ive had a scrap it was cos I flew off the handle, not planned it as revenge.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

maybe so. but we were only 17. it was the only time I was ever in a fight. a black eye each. nothing else. spose it could have been worse. i'm glad it wasnt. but there was alot more to it that I'm not going to go into here.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Oryx wrote: »
    Agree. I think the 'publicity' of being a stupid, irresponsible liar would have been enough. Sorry, it just seems too premeditated for me to agree with beating her up.

Any time Ive had a scrap it was cos I flew off the handle, not planned it as revenge.

oh no, it wasnt a planned revenge at all, sorry I havent explained myself properly. its very hard to because i really cant give ALL the details, but this happened on the said night. . we both gave each other black eyes but that was it. . . we were foolish kids. . . i've not explained myself properly!!! sorryyyy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I feel durtey..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Dudess wrote: »
    Self defence I can understand to a degree but using violence is using violence. I think you're the bigger person if you walk away.

+1

If someone is attacking me you can bet ill do my best to to cause them some damage.

But if someones saying stuff about me, eg. calling me a whore, i couldnt care less to be honest. i wouldnt lower myself to their level. (although i would think getting violent about it is actually an even lower level).

I dislike fights in general. seeing 2 men (or more!) fight scares the hell out of me, i really hate it. girls fighting is just knackery (cant find a better word sorry). if i saw 2 girls physically fighting to be honest i would think "dirty scumbags"

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

ChewChew wrote: »
    oh no, it wasnt a planned revenge at all, sorry I havent explained myself properly. its very hard to because i really cant give ALL the details, but this happened on the said night. . we both gave each other black eyes but that was it. . . we were foolish kids. . . i've not explained myself properly!!! sorryyyy
    Oi! You! Quit the messin. Outside now, and we'll sort this, roight?:D

No need to say sorry, :) sometimes its hard to give the proper story in a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Never ever ever. I'm a total baby and would run a mile from violence. I would think very bad thoughts about them tho. And then there's the voodoo dolls. And I would think of very nasty things to say - later at home that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Once, when I started secondary and on the first day a 'Bully Bitch' hopped on me, I wasn't in the same class as my mates so was feeling quite vulnerable and she picked up on this. She was really laying into me and a big crowd was gathering. I remember the moment like it was yesterday and I thought this is it, I can take the beating or fight back as it will determine how the next couple of years are going to go for me.

Anyway, I beat the **** out of her, don't know how, she was a big girl but I just got so angry and all hell broke loose. I was never picked on by her or any other girl again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

nope never ever. violence absolutely terrifies me. plus i'd be absolutely battered if someone ever started on me cos i'm ridiculously weak... if someone ever starts like verbally abusing me i'll just walk away, touching them wouldn't even cross my mind tbh. what they say doesn't affect me in the least and it's pretty pathetic if they're the type of person who has to abuse random punters to feel better about themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

only had one pyshical fight and that was when i was five and a girl pushed my sister off her hopper and into a big pile of nettles. i went crazy and grabbed her by the neck and warned her not to mess with her again. scared the hell outa me after and i've never been in a fight since. i just lost it and felt terrible after. i didn't really hurt her but thats not the point, i scared the crap outta her i think.
    at school it was easier not to get into fights. generally the bullies in my school didn't do well in class and felt dumb so big words that confused them and not showing fear kept them away from me. oh god the best one was the girl who though being called ignorant meant i was calling her a pig... lol
    little fights with guys, here and there. always messing but i did end up with a swollen eyeball from rough housing once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Thats another thing. Being bullied at school. Why on earth, given your in a small enough class, would ya stand back and watch while the class bike picks on someone?
    A little off topic but I think whoever stands back, watches the bullying take place AND laughs when the girl leaves the room crying, is just as bad as the scragg that started it. That makes me so annoyed.

And I'd gladly be a scumbag scrawler there, because they deserve to be met with the only language they understand- a box in the mouth.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

No i've never been in a physical fight with another girl apart from my sister when we were much younger. we'd thump the heads off one another.

i think it looks really tacky and cheap when girls fight. i remember once seeing a pair of girls fighting, rolling around on the ground and one of them was wearing a short mini dress which rode up higher and higher as the fight went on until even a blind man could see that she was wearing no knickers.

i've had to step in once or twice tho when my sister was getting picked on and bullied, was years ago and a horrible situation but i'd never back down in something like that. thankfully just grabbing them by the scruff of the neck and telling them i'd break their face if they tried to touch her or even whispered her name again did the trick and i didn't have to throw a punch.

Now if someone started calling me names or anything pathetic like that i'd just laugh at them and walk away, i mean its utterly pathetic. If you're going to insult me, then use your brain and insult me properly. Don't go down the banal route of calling me a whore, its so passé darling. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Just with my sister and we thumped the heads off each other like Maple and her sis:D

I would die if anyone hit me and I'd run away from a fight. Am dead weak, my sister always won:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Does taekwondo tournament sparring count?

Nope,

well, only if they pulled your hair, because then it would be "street rules". :D

As a former doorman the worst thing ever was two girls fighting. Have you ever tried to separate two girls that are going at it? I'd rather jump in a bag of angry cats.

In my experience when two guys go at it the will normally just end up swinging for the fences with some pretty atrocious shots, someone gets cracked in the nose, they both fall over and one of them goes home the victor. Girls will keep going at each other all the time, going for eyes, hair, all kinds of nasty stuff.

90% of fights you see involving guys will just be funny. It's not often you see someone who can actually fight, in a fight....they normally know better.

Girl fights are vicious 100% of the time in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Never gotten into a fight with another girl, but when I was 4 years old and in pre school, there was a little boy who would go around stealing everyone's toys. He tried stealing mine and I punched him and gave him a black eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Spot on Dragan. Hell hath no fury like a couple of tanked up skanks fighting over a man.

LOL@Metaoblivia. That made me laugh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Dragan wrote: »
    Have you ever tried to separate two girls that are going at it? I'd rather jump in a bag of angry cats.
    I can remember a time in taekwondo tournament when one girl full contact kicked another between the legs and dropped her screaming in pain (against WTF rules). Unlike lads, girls have no protection and a full-contact kick can really hurt. Well, after the ref called time-out, the injured girl recovered (somewhat), and went into a rage and tore after the other girl, dropping her and kicking all the h*ll out of her while she was down (before the ref and judges pulled her away...and later disqualified her for unsporting conduct).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Nope,

well, only if they pulled your hair, because then it would be "street rules". :D

As a former doorman the worst thing ever was two girls fighting. Have you ever tried to separate two girls that are going at it? I'd rather jump in a bag of angry cats.

In my experience when two guys go at it the will normally just end up swinging for the fences with some pretty atrocious shots, someone gets cracked in the nose, they both fall over and one of them goes home the victor. Girls will keep going at each other all the time, going for eyes, hair, all kinds of nasty stuff.

90% of fights you see involving guys will just be funny. It's not often you see someone who can actually fight, in a fight....they normally know better.

Girl fights are vicious 100% of the time in my experience.
    Something I've often heard regarding fights in bars/clubs; basically 2 guys fighting: once it's finished it's finished, 2 girls fighting: damn thing will start up again every time they're even aware of the other being nearby (even if months later:eek:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

ChewChew wrote: »
    girl claimed my friend raped her. huge saga. she wouldnt admit to her mother that she lost her virginity to a randomer in a garden shed. easier to cry wolf. 3 years later, girls memory miraculously came back - whooops no girl 'remembered' she was not raped. girl deserved the beating. no?:eek:

If she claimed someone raped her when he didn't, she deserves a lot more than a few slaps.

• Advertisement

WindSock wrote: »
    If she claimed someone raped her when he didn't, she deserves a lot more than a few slaps.

Agreed, having been on the receiving end of a hammer because some lass said i did some things i didn't i can only agree with this.

Do chicks have any idea of the consequences when they say things like this?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Once many moons ago, this guy started giving my then Gf a hard time for no reason so being the man i am in intervened when this guys girlfriend decided to take a swing at my GF, big mistake. She'd been doing kick boxing for about 8 years and tbph she probably could have kicked the cr*p out of me aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Agreed, having been on the receiving end of a hammer because some lass said i did some things i didn't i can only agree with this.

Probably. But there are some really bad people out there.

Unfair much?
    I wonder how many more deviant sexual aggressors there are relative to wolf criers.
    I also wonder how you would like it if I bunched you in with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

This thread rates a full five outta five on the Majdydee Skankie-Ho-Ometer.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Unfair much?
    I wonder how many more deviant sexual aggressors there are relative to wolf criers.

I'm finding it hard to believe you are taking any kind of generalisation from my post.

I would have thought the whole "when they say things like this" would have aptly covered who i am talking about here.

The original story was in relation to a girl crying wolf, as was my own, as this was the subject matter at hand i felt no need to preface my post with the usual "I'm well aware not all girls" but it seems this was not the case.

If i offended you then i am sorry.

And the whole point is that i have already been lumped in with them.

I'm finding it hard to believe you are taking any kind of generalisation from my post.

I would have thought the whole "when they say things like this" would have aptly covered who i am talking about here.

The original story was in relation to a girl crying wolf, as was my own, as this was the subject matter at hand i felt no need to preface my post with the usual "I'm well aware not all girls" but it seems this was not the case.

If i offended you then i am sorry.

And the whole point is that i have already been lumped in with them.

I'm not offended I would just prefer it if you used a more apt c word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I'm not offended I would just prefer it if you used a more apt c word.

Well now if he used the other c word that relates to women there'd be war in all fairness.:(
    Unfair much?
    I wonder how much each wolf crier increases the difficulty for a jury to convict beyond a reasonable doubt in cases of deviant sexual aggressors? So surely you should be more mad at these liars than a pedantic thing such as terminology? (though I do think it was a poor choice of word to use on a forum predominantly for women since it does tend to hold contention with many females)

farohar wrote: »
    Well now if he used the other c word that relates to women there'd be war in all fairness.:(

Not from me....I like that word.
    In all its contexts.
    The V word, the non va-jay-jay one makes me gag, and don't get me started on the hidoeusness conjured up by fanny.

• Advertisement

Not from me....I like that word.
    In all its contexts.
    The V word, the non va-jay-jay one makes me gag, and don't get me started on the hidoeusness conjured up by fanny.

What about fadinko?

God bless Scrubs!! :D

Advertisement