Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band - What song are you enjoying the most?

Options
  • 24-05-2008 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭

Got my copy yesterday, but because i was out half the night, i only got to play it for about 30 minutes. I have to say, so far "Blitzkrieg Bop", and "I think I'm Paranoid" are the two tunes i'm having a lot of fun playing. I'm a little p*ssed off that theres a few songs that are already in the GH games. So i think i'll be going for some DLC once i'm done with the main tunes.

So folks, your preferred tunes to be played? ;)
    VR!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Wanted dead or alive is epic to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

In HMV Grafton St, the game was on display but only the drums were working. And the sticks were fairly worn already. I tried playing Wanted Dead Or Alive on drums, i hit the pads too hard and snapped what was left of the stick.

I was politely asked to step away from the kit. Always knew drums weren't for me.
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Maps by the Yeah yeah yeahs is awesome on drums!..

Add another to my list - The Hand That Feeds by NIN! Louder you can, the better.
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Welcome Home & ....and justice for all on guitar deffo for me :)

• Advertisement

I'm dreading the music store, i really am, i can see myself forfeiting a mortgage payment because of this damn game!

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Say It Aint So!!!

Yeah, the music store sucks. I just spent 2000 points in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Enter Sandman for me, Wanted and Epic are great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Downloaded My Sharona.... fun on guitar! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

More than a feeling is so awesome! Definitely the funnest song to play as a band with mates!

Learn to fly is deadly too! Impossible on drums on hard tho!!:mad: serious head wrecker

• Advertisement

More Than A Feeling is great alright but I prefer the GH1 note chart, still epic though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

urgh

i physically cannot do green grass and high tides on normal on the drums

the part from the start of the second solo on is just too fast and my non drummer brain cant comprehend the alternates so quickly instead of going kick + yellow then yellow + red, i just bash everything at the same time

very very very very frustrating. its the only one ive failed too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I assume you mean medium? I failed on that one today as well, it's a real mind **** and it just keeps going...and going...and GOING, got past it on my second try but cut it close, really wears you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

My first time playing drums,i've made it to the set with enter sandman on medium and haven't failed anything yet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

How many tracks are on the disc?

How much are the DLC tracks? (in real money not MS money)

How many extra tracks are available to DL?

Much obliged.

I assume you mean medium? I failed on that one today as well, it's a real mind **** and it just keeps going...and going...and GOING, got past it on my second try but cut it close, really wears you down.

sorry yeh medium

just cant hack the fast paced ones with kick snare, snare, kick snare

theres another one that similar that i just cant find the rhythm to, and when i do find it my brain goes "YUSSSS! GOT IT" and then i lose concentration and its gone again lol

tried the practice on it and can nail it up as far as 90% speed, but just cant do it at the 100%. its gonna annoy the shizzle out of me, but that said its nice that theres a bit of a challenge to my retarded coordination level

armour87 wrote: »
    How many tracks are on the disc?

How much are the DLC tracks? (in real money not MS money)

How many extra tracks are available to DL?

Much obliged.

67 on the disc i think

just under €6 for 3 tracks dlc

theres over 100 dlc tracks available

I can't 5 star any song on medium, it's all 4 stars so far.
    I find if you start thinking about what you're doing at any stage you end up losing the rhythm. It's tough going, I need a lot of practice at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just finished the medium tour. 5*ed all bar 3 of them on the first attempt. Guess practice in GH2 and 3 helped.

Going to start on Hard now, but I tried Dani California (which is all fairness is one of the harder tracks) and I got destroyed.

Any idea when the drum kit will be released? I already had a guitar and I have an Xbox mic so all I need is the kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Makaveli wrote: »
    I can't 5 star any song on medium, it's all 4 stars so far.
    I find if you start thinking about what you're doing at any stage you end up losing the rhythm. It's tough going, I need a lot of practice at this.

I found that too, I even went back to that starter songs and couldn't 5 star them. I'm starting to blame the tools :p

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    Just finished the medium tour. 5*ed all bar 3 of them on the first attempt. Guess practice in GH2 and 3 helped.

Going to start on Hard now, but I tried Dani California (which is all fairness is one of the harder tracks) and I got destroyed.

Any idea when the drum kit will be released? I already had a guitar and I have an Xbox mic so all I need is the kit.

Drums are available now.

Dani California was one I only 4 starred on hard a long with 3 from the last tier. It was the hammer ons that messed me up I only played it once though. If you've played GH 2 and 3 on hard you should breeze through RB on hard up until the last tier then it gets a bit tougher.

Personally , I did reasonably well on hte drum on medium first time round , no fails at all ^.^ .

GGAHT that drum be is a killer alright , but I've one hell of a calf muscle now xD.
    There are two other extra songs "Day late Dollar Short" and another one (can't remember the name) that have the same RY YO beat ......

Guitar .... meh I'll get around to it at some stage ,drums has me hooked.

Tried the vocals , failed the Weezer song constantly on Medium ...... never again!

The singing is really based on how well you know the song I think. I beat the Weezer song on expert and I'm not a great singer but I know the song really well.

Makaveli wrote: »
    The singing is really based on how well you know the song I think. I beat the Weezer song on expert and I'm not a great singer but I know the song really well.

I know it well enough , but no matter how high or low I try singing I just can't get it on the line ... :( even with the sencitivity maxed..

Hmmm ... I guess its all practise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

So many good songs in this its hard to pick,just finished foreplay/long time which was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

So many good songs in this its hard to pick,just finished foreplay/long time which was great fun.

One of the best in the game.

I don't have the drums yet, so I played through the solo tour on Expert. 5* everything first go except for the last 4, Flirtin with Disaster, Train Kept a Rollin, Run to the Hills and Green Grass and High Tides.

Didn't fail a single song. It's noticalbly easier than GH III, II even. But after 3 days playing it I can say it's infinitely better.

Flirtin with Disaster, Green Grass and High Tides and Welcome Home are personal favourites. Oh and both the Bang Camaro tracks, Rock Rebellion and Pleasure (Pleasure).

Say it Ain't So, Buddy Holly and My Sharona... I gotta stop now, I could go on!

The guitar parts are easier as they're designed for you to play and sing at the same time, although Expert is still hard enough, Hard is the equiv of GH's medium with the exception of the extra button. At least i think so anyway.

VR!

In terms of speed I'd agree but hard is definitely harder than medium on GH. We're all looking at it from a skewed perspective though because everyone here I'm guessing plays GH on either hard or expert meaning RB seems way easier. If you aren't able to play using the orange button and you're not good at chords (and hard has a lot of chords) then I'd say it's pretty tough going.

Playing through some songs on expert last night, that Tokio Hotel song (shocking song) has got to be the easiest to FC to get the achievement.

As for the singing I figured out you don't even need to sing the words, na na na to the melody and in tune will suffice. Cheating a bit? I dunno maybe but there's some songs I don't know the words to at all so on expert I just na na na my way through it. I cannot beat Maps though, either it's the fact that a girl sings it or I just don't know the song (at all). It's pretty frustrating because I can beat Run to The Hills (obviously not singing in the same octave as Bruce Dickinson :p).

i havent yet mastered the orange button and i found hard to be pretty doable, tho i say that i more of a passing the song than getting anything resembling a good score in it

tried the singing too and despite having the worst singing voice in history, i havent scored lower than 94% on medium. i would put it down to producing music tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

I'd have to say vasoline and wont get fooled again on hard drums are very fun to play.

Foreplay/longtime is great fun once I can get through the intro part, thats a very tough song on drums!

I only play drums on hard/expert, or guitar or bass on expert. I have to say that Hysteria by Muse on bass is epic, very hard and slightly repetitive but a great bassline.

Advertisement