Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band - What song are you enjoying the most?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Makaveli wrote: »
    In terms of speed I'd agree but hard is definitely harder than medium on GH. We're all looking at it from a skewed perspective though because everyone here I'm guessing plays GH on either hard or expert meaning RB seems way easier. If you aren't able to play using the orange button and you're not good at chords (and hard has a lot of chords) then I'd say it's pretty tough going.

I'm still scared of the orange on GH and was only just starting to get my head round the blue one, but doing medium on RB is definitely easier than I was ever finding it on GH although there are some sequences that it throws in occasionally that can cause a bit of a panic.

Hopefully a bit more practice on RB's medium and I can then make a better effort at the same on GH in a bit. It is still fun though, even though I'm rubbish at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Next To You by The Police is an absolute nightmare - must be a strange time measurement of something! (Thats my excuse...)

Hand That Feeds is my favourite by miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

eh by far the most fun is Timmy and the lords of the underworld. play through the bonus tour to unlock it. it's hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

-Blitzkrieg Bop
    -Ballroom Blitz
    -Creep
    -Hysteria
    -Dani California

All the Metallica and Oasis songs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Hard is much easier than GH. Really liking the Detroit pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Out of the 3 guitar heroes and this, Rock Band is the first game where I've really liked playing the all of the top tier songs. They're all really fun to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I just can't beat "Flirting with disaster" on Hard guitar. It's so unforgiving,it's the only one I need to beat. And the song sucks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I just can't beat "Flirting with disaster" on Hard guitar. It's so unforgiving,it's the only one I need to beat. And the song sucks too.

You take that back :p

I loves me some southern rock!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

You take that back :p

I loves me some southern rock!!

Lol my thoughts exactly! Love that tune! SO much fun to sing once you get the lyrics right, makes you feel like you should be seeing your sister!

^congrats on 700th post!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I actually struggled with Sufferagette City! For what was pretty much a basic chord structure, my fingers were killing me after i barely four starred it on medium.

Faith No More's epic is so much fun to play :D
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's the only song I failed on hard, at the same place twice in the solo.

I'm up to the final tier in expert now and have failed no less than three of the songs at the 80% mark. Run to the Hills is the only one I've passed. Actually I passed the Aerosmith song too, forgot I did that.

It's the only song I failed on hard, at the same place twice in the solo.

I'm up to the final tier in expert now and have failed no less than three of the songs at the 80% mark. Run to the Hills is the only one I've passed.

Good luck with green grass and high tides, still can't pass that freaking second solo with the zig zags! Does my head in.

In good news this evening, I managed to pass Foreplay/Longtime on expert drums yesterday, and got to 94% on Don't Fear the Reaper before failing. Was well pissed off but I know I'm getting better. Real bass pedal mod FTW!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Well I'm delighted that I'm able to finish RockBand on medium, I've had another go at some more meduim stuff on GHIII and it's just way to fast for me. I've also just about managed to finish of the first couple of songs on hard, but after that it just starts to get a little bit to crazy for me with the orange button and my fingers just don't know what they are supposed to be doing once I move them and I then start missing all the easier bits that follow on from an orange button sequence.

Back to medium and trying to 100% or 5star them all for me. Shame it does not actually tell you if you've got 100% on each song though like in GH.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought it gold starred 100% songs?

robinph wrote: »
    Well I'm delighted that I'm able to finish RockBand on medium, I've had another go at some more meduim stuff on GHIII and it's just way to fast for me. I've also just about managed to finish of the first couple of songs on hard, but after that it just starts to get a little bit to crazy for me with the orange button and my fingers just don't know what they are supposed to be doing once I move them and I then start missing all the easier bits that follow on from an orange button sequence.

Back to medium and trying to 100% or 5star them all for me. Shame it does not actually tell you if you've got 100% on each song though like in GH.

On expert you can get gold stars, which is basically a 6 star rating and is hard to do. One thing I keep telling people is to move your fingers down so that your index is on red and not green, then play medium. Get used to moving your index up and down for the green and red. And by playing medium your staying in your comfort zone but changing it so that your brain maps red to your index instead of middle, yellow to middle instead of ring etc.

Thats how I learned to play hard back in the GH2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

slimbun wrote: »
    Good luck with green grass and high tides, still can't pass that freaking second solo with the zig zags! Does my head in.

It's the only song left now. That's the part I failed it on last night.
    Funnily enough I beat Flirtin' With Disaster on my first attempt and I guess I was failing Highway Star last night because I was too tired, beat that on the first attempt today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I beat the entire expert career first try :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

Medium - I'm on Enter Sandman

It's juuuust beginning to get difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Anyone who hasn't bought the thrash pack yet needs to go get it immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I have to say I'm actually enjoying some of the bonus EU songs that I'd never heard of.
    the 6-7 month wait for this game has nearly been worth it for "Manu Chao" alone. I bloody love that song :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Forget everything i've said The ultimate song to play in this game is Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear The Reaper". Loved this song since i was 15, and my fingers are now sore from the intro and the solo.

Of course, i did play it on loop for about 25 minutes once i unlocked it :D
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

It's the only song left now. That's the part I failed it on last night.

Same, only tried to beat it again a handful of times though. I got passed all the zig-zags only to fail on the final run of triplets. Anger! My system calibration has been off though so I'm hoping to go back and see if I can do it now. I can nail the zig zags in practice but it's getting into the rhythm on the fly that causes problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

4 pages in and not one mention of 'Gimme Shelter'..! :eek:

Got the game this evening and outta the 12 - 15 or so songs I've played, 'Gimme Shelter' comes out on top. Absolutely fantastic to drum to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    eh by far the most fun is Timmy and the lords of the underworld. play through the bonus tour to unlock it. it's hilarious

yeah had RB party a while back and one of my mates was singing while we were drumming / playing guitar , were laughing so hard couldnt finish the song :D

also coheed and cambria is sweet to play on drums !!

also coheed and cambria is sweet to play on drums !!

Depending on what difficulty you're talking about you should either be congratulated or shot. That song on expert is a bitch to play, kinda fun but just so long winded and drawn out. That song is a prime example of what happens when you let lead guitarists write songs.

Foreplay/Longtime on hard drums is awesome to play, on expert the foreplay bit is a bitch, but longtime is pretty easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

i havent got it but i think i will now that "more than a feeling" and "timmy and the lords of the underworld" from south park is on it hahaha thats brilliant putting that on

Advertisement