Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The worlds most valuable game takes place at 3 pm.

• 24-05-2008 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Will anyone be watching?

Its Bristol City v Hull by the way!

Mike.

Comments

Come On Hull!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

there's an interesting fact.

how much is it valued at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Bristol 0 Hull 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hull are better equipped to go up. Bristol would be worse than Derby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hull are better equipped to go up. Bristol would be worse than Derby.

Agree with you completely. Bristol where playing League One football last year. They are over achieving as it is at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

As long as there isnt another Derby in the league next season I'm happy. Probably will watch it to check out some cheap players for the fantasy premier league next year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its worth about 60 million. Hull should win if they play to thier potential. Hull is the largest town or city to never have a top flight side.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I should care, but lets be honest, it's another 6 points for most teams next season, whoever wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I will be watching anyway. I think Hull City would be better equipped for the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Heart says Bristol, head says Hull! Bristol arent in the greatest form before the playoffs, so can easily see Hull winning it. I think it'll be quite close in the end. Glad to see some different teams getting promoted, teams I havent seen in the top flight anyway. Nothing against Hull, but just really wanna see Bristol go up.

Now whos with me: "In the Ashton, the mighty Ashton, Enoch scores again..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Mushy wrote: »
    Heart says Bristol, head says Hull! Bristol arent in the greatest form before the playoffs, so can easily see Hull winning it. I think it'll be quite close in the end. Glad to see some different teams getting promoted, teams I havent seen in the top flight anyway. Nothing against Hull, but just really wanna see Bristol go up.

Now whos with me: "In the Ashton, the mighty Ashton, Enoch scores again..."

I don't think the premiership will benefit from having either team there next season , neither team is going to have the resources to to compete even to stay up. I would however like to see Bristol go up just for the fairytale aspect of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I would have watched had Ipswich or Wolves been in the final.

Hull and Bristol.....meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Hope Bristol win because i love Lee Trundle and love to see him do well.

Hull are much better equipped, also, should they go into the Prem im sure Sir Alex would let Fraizer Campbell have another season on loan so we could get a real good look at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

mike65 wrote: »
    Its worth about 60 million. Hull should win if they play to thier potential. Hull is the largest town or city to never have a top flight side.

Mike.

gone up another 20 from last year i see... bloody hell.

Think i'll be going for Bristol as everyone seems to be rootin' for Hull.

I think the new TV deals value including the parachute payments are why its now 60 miilion.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

From BBC :
    1530: "Re: Famous Hull supporters - Bertie Ahern, former Irish Taoiseach (that's prime minister to all those not versed in the Irish language)"
    kingianjeno on 606

you wouldnt think it the amount he is in Old Trafford, glory hunting so and so.

EDIT apparently he is a 'lifelong' united fan
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5404226.stm

kingianjeno is clearly an agent for FG!

Mike.

What a goal by Windass:eek:

Still has it in him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great goal by Windass. Brilliant volley.

Bradley Orr in a bad way. neck Brace and air mask are on him and his eye is in bits.

well Hull 1-0 up, hello Derby 2....

• Advertisement

Call_me_al wrote: »
    well Hull 1-0 up, hello Derby 2....

IF Hull win today I make them my dark horse to stay up comfortably next season. Stoke will be Derby v2.0

IF Hull win today I make them my dark horse to stay up comfortably next season. Stoke will be Derby v2.0

Agree with you here.

Hull have a much better chance than Stoke at staying up. Stoke will definitely go down next year. No two ways about it.

i can see the two of them going down without much competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I also agree

Hull are a decent team but I'm rooting for Bristol. The 8th largest city in the UK (7th for England & Wales) so in fairness, they could support and deserve a Premier division side.

Potential sleeping giants in a few years and with some mega investment. I think they'll get there some day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I disagree, Stoke have been gearing up well for promotion for a good three years or so and they have been in the top 12 for at least 4 seasons now. Had a great middle season last time round, could see them becoming a Sheffield United

http://www.justin.tv/goooltv

if anyone wants to catch the last few minutes

EDIT; it is about 5 mins behind the game i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Hull promoted :)

Good man Deano, probably the most unlikely team to be promoted this year but fair play to them, great for football in the North East and extra few derbies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Congrats Hull. I too think they can stay up next year, Phil Brown will be backed a hell of a lot more than Billy Davies was last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'll also pass on my congratulations to Hull. Was delighted to see those teams in the final, lets hope they do themselves proud next season now!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I definitely think Hull will stay up next season and very comfortably. They are a great football side to watch and im delighted for them. Very clever manager in Phil Brown who won't through money away on stupid transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

So the general consensus is that the void is getting wider then?

reckon anyone will spend big a la sunderland? you need to realistically right?

Advertisement