Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the Guitar Hero controller work on Rock Band? (Obv newB question)

Options
  • 24-05-2008 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Yes this has probably been asked before but does it? If so Ill be guitar hero first and then rock band seperately. Thanks you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah it does. RB guitar wont work with GH though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Makaveli wrote: »
    Yeah it does. RB guitar wont work with GH though.

Yep, although i will say i like the rock band controller, its not far off full length as far as the length of the neck goes. The two sets of buttons, one for chords and one for solo (aka one for adults, and one for kids) on the RB controller is nice.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I'm think that it only works with rock band on the 360 version,was the ps3 version sorted out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It only works on the 360. I bought a used GH 2 with an explorer and Rock Band, so I saved a few €€€ :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

Heres the run down on compatibility:

On 360 the GH guitars (Xplorer from GH2, Les Paul from GH3) will work on RB no problem.

On PS3 the GH guitars will not work on RB, the PS2 GH guitars can be used on RB with a PS2 to usb adapter, but only the PS2 to usb adapter by TAC will work, dont buy any other for RB compatibility.

The RB strat will only work on RB.

All the guitars can be modded or will work out of the box on PC as far as I know.

Personally I have the PS3 version of RB, which I use all the original instruments and the PS2 kramer striker from GH3 with the TAC adapter for bass. It's the best setup I could get for full 4 player action on an imported version of RB.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Is it true that any USB mic will work aswell with RB?

Already have the 2 GH guitars and if a usb mic works then all I need is the drums--this could work out a lot cheaper than I thought at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Is it true that any USB mic will work aswell with RB?

Already have the 2 GH guitars and if a usb mic works then all I need is the drums--this could work out a lot cheaper than I thought at first.

Yeah any usb Microphone works, So i could use my SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALS headset with it...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Not any USB mic will work, i tried using the singstar mics to work with it, which had a USB converter and the result was an epic fail.

Using a SOCOM headset, how to look like a bad cross between Jimi Hendrix and Janet Jackson. I'd say it would be a funny sight whilst hammered though. :D

VR!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The Live headset plugged into another controller seemed to be working OK for me mubling into it a bit last night.

Advertisement