Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reserves win Cup - lol

Options
  • 24-05-2008 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys I'm into my fifth or sixth season with MVV (obscure Dutch team). We are now one of the biggest teams in the country. The big teams for some reason have their reserve teams put in the Dutch Cup (equivalent of FA Cup). My first team were knocked out early on and I noticed the reserves were still in it so I decided to take control of the team before Cup games and sure enough they went all the way!
    Of course as games got harder I introduced a few first team squad members to strengthen weak positions.
    It was quite hilarious. Against PSV on penalties the match odds were 300/1 for MVV reserves to win. the pundit said "PSV won't even have to be at their best to see off MVV reserves". Sure enough we beat them on penalties.
    As a result MVV 'reserves' were drawn into the Dutch Super Cup (basically their Community Shield) the following season. And beat them once more in a thrilling game.

Trés bizarre no?

Advertisement