Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adrian Kennedy/Chris Barry etc

Options
  • 27-01-2001 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

I'd like a feasible explanation as to why people in their right mind listen to these 'talkshows'.
    I for one can't understand.
    "Ah jaysus, fúck off, I'd beat you around if you stole me car"
    "You fúcking wouldn't, because I'd kill ya"
    "Now now lads, calm down, no bad language"

etc...

Nil desperandum crypto-fascists duce

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

There is no real proper complete explanation unless you accept the fact that some people are just idiots who have far too much time on their hands and far too little, constructive, to do with it.

I've heard chat shows in other parts of the country on occasion, and a couple aside, they've generally been interesting, informative, witty and intellectually far more advanced/stimulating than the drivel on most weeknights on Dublin's 98FM and FM104.

Still!... Dublin, eh? What a town!

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted. -Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Drivel doesn't begin to describe it. My personal fav was from some years back when some auld culchie bollo<ks rang up Chris Barry to say that 'all nuns were obviously lesbians because they had devoted their lives to God and were not going to have sex with men'.

That was actually the most coherent thing he said in ten minutes. If it's not that crap it's some rent-a-fascist saying that all gays should be rounded up in Phoenix Park and burnt (also heard on CB show).

Twats.

sig.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Chris Barry used to be mildly entertaining, ooh about 6 years ago... but it's all just a pile of tosh now.
    Talk Radio(UK) is pretty good though, some good, worth-while topics and confused/angry knobs don't even get the chance to come on air... one caller at a time, you make your point and get off the air ASAP... the host(s) are pretty down to earth and will give callers a good grilling too, I listened one time where the host made some man cry! smile.gif But a Gerry Springer wanna-be it's most definitely not.
    AFAIK you can listen online aswell, but my 56k modem doesn't like that kind of thing.
    Or you can pick it up (just barely) on LongWave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

did you ever hear that aul'one on adrian kennedy who said she was "constantly being raped by padre pio", she was tormented by him every day and he was an evil ******* and he keeps looking up her skirt and raping her 24 hours a day...
    I remember ak devoted nearly an hour to this utter ****e...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Yeah I remember that one. I never laughed so much in my life.

I must admit to putting on the chats shows when I'm going to bed somtimes. Some of the muppets they have on are priceless.

thefanj.gif

Clan Acid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Syngen-Smythe

Most used L-nite talkshow quote:
    PersonA: "U'r just a young slapper!"
    PersonB: "How dare ye shay dat te me, ye dont even know me...."
    Every time i hear this one, i gotta laf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

There used to be real entertainment on fm104 if you tuned in after adrian kennedy had gone off the air you got to listen to the open-line,which started as a show your could just talk about anyting you liked,after a few months the show went totally nuts into a sort of odd soap opera with Tony the monkey child,barnaby harmlessley etc.the show is a few years dead now though.

I like stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

yeah i remember the open line...
    it was crap though sometimes, but it was really good when Mary Chocolates or whatever her name was was on it... smile.gif
    It's weird, i never really lay in bed in the dark and laughed before... and I haven't since.. oh well, it was fun while it lasted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

barnaby harmlessley, I remember hearing him.
    He reminds me of bubbles come to think of it eek.gif

Nil Desperandum

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Edberney7

Why did the boys leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,334 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You do realise that this thread was started in 2001?!? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement