Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem w/wireless surround sound

Options
  • 27-11-2004 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster. I got myself a Philips 32PW9618 recently which is working quite nicely (love the Pixel Plus) but today I decided to try to hook up the surround sound.

The instructions are fairly rudimentary, attach wireless module to tv, attach rear speakers to wireless receiver, turn on, tune in, etc.

Every time I try to select a channel to play the surround sound though, I'm told that no "fm transmitter is present". The "transmitter" as far as I can tell is a grey box with a big connector coming out of it (it looks like an oversized telephone connection). this connection goes into just one place on the back of the TV.

There is one step in the directions that states "connect the attached cable to the wireless module connector", but I have no idea what the "attached cable" is and where it's meant to be connected!

I know this is prolly v.difficult to fix for anyone who doesn't have this type of TV, but for wireless s/sound, is there usually more to it than "connect wireless transmitter to TV (in one connection)" and "connect speakers to wireless receiver".

Apologies for length of post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Nice TV. I would suggest maybe calling into the Philips Shop on Dame Street, you're probably better off physically seeing how it's connected up in there.

I did connect up a wireless surround kit for a different brand TV recently, and it was a nightmare to be honest. The house was on top of Dalkey Hill and the amount of RF interference made the system useless. Lesson learned for me! In your case though the TV sounds like it hasn't even got that far, it's still trying to detect the box. Just a small aside, is there anything in the TV's setup menu that needs to be selected to activate the surround sound? Look carefully through the audio features menu of the TV.

Robbie

Advertisement