Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Toulouse

Options
  • 24-05-2008 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any thoughts on this ?

Paddypower are saying Munster are 4-5 favourites or 10-11 for a -1 handicap.
    Dont think ill back anything, just sit out with a few pint bottles and enjoy the game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Tolouse to Win by 7,they have a better scrum and better backs,even with injuries.Dont understand how munster are favourites.

Munster will try to make it a war of attrition like always,the problem being that Tolouse are just too good.

Also O'Leary is playing scrumhalf,he is terrible.If he boxkicks the way I think he will,haymens will rip up the pitch.

Haymens to score a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

It looks like a no bet match for me. I'm semi tempted to back the under points (38.5) but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i think Toulouse are quite good value at slightly better than evens....not that it ever really makes sense to bet against Munster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

dc69 wrote: »
    Tolouse to Win by 7,they have a better scrum and better backs,even with injuries.Dont understand how munster are favourites.

They have better broken field runners but defensively munsters backs are superior.
    If O gara is on form he will control the game and i can see Munsters lineout being the platform they use to win the game.
    Cant see anyone winning it by 7 points.
    Will be 2-3 points either way.
    Munster will try to make it a war of attrition like always,the problem being that Tolouse are just too good.
    Munster have outscored Toulouse so far in this competition you do realise that?
    Its not as if its Real Madrid vs jack charltons Ireland :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

IrishMike wrote: »
    If O gara is on form he will control the game and i can see Munsters lineout being the platform they use to win the game.

Munster will be doing very well to control the lineout. Toulouse have a top notch operation out of touch with Sowerby very important to their chances as a whole. The lineout battle is one i'm really looking forward to watching as both teams have good options at 1, 2 and 3. Th game will be won at the breakdown and on how well Munster defend, especially though the centre channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Had Munster @ 20/1 from the start of the season. Worked out pretty well!!!

I know they had a poor season last year but the second(?) most successful team in the competition starting at 20/1? A bit mad IMO.

Advertisement