Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XP keyboard configuartion messed up

• 24-05-2008 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

I have Windows XP on my laptop and all of a sudden the keys are printing out the wrong characters.
    1. "i" prints "5"
    2. "j" prints "1"
    3. "k" prints "2"
    4. "l" prints "3"
    5. "m" prints "0"
    6. "o" prints "6"
    7. "p" prints "*"
    8. "0" prints "/"

It's not anything in Regional Settings as I checked that against my other laptop and it has the same settings.
    The keyboard is not damaged either as I took out the hard drive and installed another drive with Windows XP on it and all the keys printed fine when I booted it up and used it.
    I am wondering could it be a virus? i used it on the 'net briefly without ant-virus but that was a few weeks ago and it's been fine since then.
    I installed MacAfee and it's doing a system scan right now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

press the Num Lock key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭lukin

Karoma wrote: »
    press the Num Lock key.

Cheers man!Now I feel extremely stupid!It caused me huge problems at work yesterday, I was like an anti-christ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Karoma wrote: »
    press the Num Lock key.
    Mine is enabled via FN+Scroll[Num Lk].

Easy enough key combo to hit from general usage.. -.-

Advertisement