Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comments Page/Blog Page

Options
  • 24-05-2008 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I was hoping to add a comments/blog page as the home page of my site (site link below). Does anyone have any ideas how I could do this easily and incorporating the same design as my site. Ive looked at some open source options like wordpress, but that has too much extra/external links and is near impossible to apply the design I have on my site. I wanted it to fit seamlessly into my site. Anyone have any ideas? Im assuming programming one from scratch, for someone like myself with no experience, is not an option.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭conkeroo

^BUMP^.. Any ideas at all anyone? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I wouldn't rule out wordpress, if you're making your own theme, you don't have to include anything you don't want to... it's very flexible.
    You can leave all the existing static pages in place and just link to them in the wordpress template, etc. (not that you're even limited to this necessarily, but it'd be more simple to implement)

I understand the urge to create your own blog software from scratch, but if you invest a fraction of that time into learning how to theme wordpress, you'd have it ready in a few hours.
    >> tutorial

Cheers for that link. i had a quick look and it looks fairly promising for what I want to do. Appreciate that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I'll second Wordpress. Here's another comprehensive tutorial.

Best of luck with it John!

Very helpful in-depth tutorial. Cheers kjt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Wordpress would be able to handle your design quite easily I'd say. Try starting with the sandbox theme (google "wordpress sandbox theme") and build it up from there. It's not too difficult going that route.

Rgds, Dave

Cheers for the heads up Dave. I checked it out but I decided on a downloadable free theme and customised it myself. Appreciate it though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

No worries. You've integrated it well. Good job.

Advertisement