Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobo suggestion ?

Options
  • 24-05-2008 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi, I built my current PC couple of years ago now and havent really keep my self up to date with whats the newest and fastest in componets. I used a cheiftec case in the past and now want to go with something a good bit smaller and have decided on an Aerocool M40.

Could someone suggest a decent CPU and Mobo as Im a bit lost in that area and I know a decent mobo is the basis for a decent system, the main use for the PC will be browsing and counter strike source nothing too over top and hoping put it together for no more than 500 notes.

Also is there Mini Atx boards with both PCI-E and AGP ? as I will have my hands on a 7800gs soon enough.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

You would be pushing it to get an AGP slot on any new motherboard these days im afraid!

For 500 quid you could get a decent processor, motherboard, the case and a top end graphics card.....do you have ddr2 ram yeh?

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Tray 3072Kb, LGA775, 64bit
    100,74 €
    MSI P7N Zilent, Sockel 775 nForce750i SLI, ATX
    123,50 €
    Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R ,Intel G33, mATX, PCI-Express
    76,69 €
    Sparkle 9600GT 512MB Cool-pipe
    112,27 €
    Aerocool "M40" schwarz/silber, mATX ohne Netzteil
    46,64 €
    Sum: 459,84 €

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

Thanks for the list, the mobo you posted has got some really good reviews.

The site you got them all from is a little bit cheaper than what I found the case for and everthing else is cheaper on that site :D

I'll prob get new ram too for the price that I can get 2gb's for I may aswell.

With the bit of spare cash would it be worth while spending more on CPU ?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

Not really, its the best value for money at the minute and has a 9.5 multiplier so you could easily get 3.5ghz out of it with little effort. Get a good brand name of ram like OCZ to go with it.

Whats the site you were using?

www.hardwareversand.de is where i got those prices so add 30 quid for postage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

A €50 cpu and graphics card will do perfect for what you use the pc for..

t2ynhy9zmaiw5d70hw2_thumb.jpg

Cpu can be clocked to near 3.0ghz on that board, graphics card is a steal at that price ( can play even the latest games at medium/ near high settings )..

Advertisement