Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

non alcoholic beer

• 24-05-2008 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Does anyone know where has the best selection of non alcoholic beer beer for sale as seems to be very hard to find a decent selection, would love to find Cobra Non-alcoholic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Depends on your location, Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

tesco stock cobra non alcoholic ,cheers hic !

• Registered Users Posts: 23 joejoegetback

cheers for that i'll check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

The Dunnes near me have Erdinger Frei in, which is my favourite, as well as Becks' and Bavaria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Baltika 0 is the best non alcoholic lager I've ever tasted.

Good speciality off licences should stock it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Non alcoholic beer is like eating your sister's pussy; it tastes the same but it just ain't right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

the nicest non alcoholic beer ive tasted is Bavaria 0 % very nice indeed and has non of the sfter taste you often get with alcohol free beers.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I don't understand why anyone would drink non-alcoholic beer. It's like meat-substitutes for vegetarians. Either you don't drink beer/eat meat, or you do, none of this in-between business.

I don't understand why anyone would drink non-alcoholic beer. It's like meat-substitutes for vegetarians. Either you don't drink beer/eat meat, or you do, none of this in-between business.
    ... 1.because it tastes nice
    2.because some people can't drink alcohol... (medical reasons etc)
    3.because some people don't like getting drunk
    4.because some people are arseholes and insist on slagging non drinkers. So non-alcoholic beer may fool them.
    ...so clearly there is this ''in between business''

I am a non-drinker and would never slag anyone off for not drinking. However, anyone I've asked over the years (who do drink) about beer, they've said it was an acquired taste, or they drank it to get drunk. On the latter basis, I can't undestand why anyone would drink it without the alcohol content.
    IMO, people drink non-alcoholic beer because:

1. They actually do like it
    2. They want to drink something that looks like it's in a beer bottle so as to fit in

I'm sure there are loads of other reasons, and I'm not berating anyone their tastes! I, personally, just don't get it. That post was not intended to insult anyone, was just stating an opinion.

• Advertisement

I am a non-drinker and would never slag anyone off for not drinking. However, anyone I've asked over the years (who do drink) about beer, they've said it was an acquired taste, or they drank it to get drunk. On the latter basis, I can't undestand why anyone would drink it without the alcohol content.

2. They want to drink something that looks like it's in a beer bottle so as to fit in

I'm sure there are loads of other reasons, and I'm not berating anyone their tastes! I, personally, just don't get it. That post was not intended to insult anyone, was just stating an opinion.
    oh yeah no problem, no offence taken
    For me anyway, I like the taste... don't like the alcoholic content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭TravelJunkie

Some people like the taste of beer, so, if they can't drink on a particular night or whatever, they will choose non-alcoholic vs a coke or other mineral. Don't see any issues here.

Traveljunkie, why does there have to be any issues?

Advertisement