Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Geography Q

Options
  • 24-05-2008 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Was flicking through the papers again, and noticed that the majority of questions in the Regional Geography are; "Examine the development of Primary, Secondary, Tertiary Economic activities......"
    Would it be just enough to learn 12 SRP's about All 3 activities for all your 3 regions(IE/EU/Non EU)?
    I just want to be 100% sure.
    Thanks
    *Edit* Would anyone know a Case Study I could use for development in Secondary Activities in Brazil? I have one for Ire(Intel) and one for Mezz(Fiat factory), just none for Brazil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

A 30 marker would require about 9 SRPS..For a MNC its ussaly broken up like so

Company name -4m
    HQ-2m
    total employent-2m
    global sales- 2m
    global network of production-2m
    then the rest on whats produced,where and why...
    so you'll be fine with 12 SRP's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Now don't get all worked up over this but I've found a handy way (to be only used if your stuck)... make it up

E.g none of the books say anything about fishing in the american southwest but whose to say thats theres not a port of elquadria in the gulf of mexcio run by the texan fishery enterprise which landed 30m worth of fish in 2004 and is a major employer and attracts a lot of mexicans from the border...

who knows how many srp's I could get out of that plus the fact that not one piece of info there is true (all out of my head)

risky... I'm not so sure, my teahcer fell for it for the last 2 years when I've been stuck (last resort all the same)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Soby wrote: »
    A 30 marker would require about 9 SRPS..For a MNC its ussaly broken up like so

Company name -4m
    HQ-2m
    total employent-2m
    global sales- 2m
    global network of production-2m
    then the rest on whats produced,where and why...
    so you'll be fine with 12 SRP's

That's the 3rd question, Regions is the one after physical geography.

1huge1, don't worry about fishing for the SW USA, all they ask for is primary industries, talking about agriculture and irrigation is enough for that region, and maybe a bit about oil usage.

Jakkass wrote: »

1huge1, don't worry about fishing for the SW USA, all they ask for is primary industries, talking about agriculture and irrigation is enough for that region, and maybe a bit about oil usage.
    Sorry mate I think you missed my point, if say you couldn't remember enough to get all the points on irrigation,agriculture and oil (unlikely but whatever) could you not just make up some crap on fishing...
    maybe the SW was a bad example for my point as I believe it could be used in almost any part of the exam (e.g talking about some earthquake thats fairly unknown and making up facts about it etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Jakkass wrote: »

Oh ye my bad..Thats economics i started talking about..Woops:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

1huge1 wrote: »
    E.g none of the books say anything about fishing in the american southwest but whose to say thats theres not a port of elquadria in the gulf of mexcio run by the texan fishery enterprise which landed 30m worth of fish in 2004 and is a major employer and attracts a lot of mexicans from the border...
    haha brilliant...........also our teacher told us that you'd get away with making up an example of a blowhole, waterfall etc.. in Ireland. He said that that examiner will always give you the benefit of the doubt.

blue-army wrote: »
    haha brilliant...........also our teacher told us that you'd get away with making up an example of a blowhole, waterfall etc.. in Ireland. He said that that examiner will always give you the benefit of the doubt.
    Ya its a great little tip so many geography students don't seem to pick up on. Like its not like a corrector who has 100's of papers to correct is gonna look up the internet or whatever to see if a specific detail is correct...

Gotta love the whole benefit of doubt.

Advertisement