Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Sack Grant!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Grant was pissed so he refused to be some director in club for 2mil per year,leaving club after fight with Roman

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

He was always only going to be a stop-gap until hiddink is free to join and he probably knew it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

grahamo wrote: »
    He was always only going to be a stop-gap until hiddink is free to join and he probably knew it.

You may well be right. If that were true then all we can say is thanks for a job well done (I don't believe he would be a great manager instead of a bad one on the difference of a penalty slip).

I don't know if this is the case though. Either way, the way the press and a section of the fans have vilified him from day one for not being Jose is disgraceful. When we look back at his tenure with hindsight we will find that his record wasn't all that bad.

Still - I think that the club will be rebuilt during the summer and i don't know if Grant would be the best man to do this - will never know now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Its no surprise whatsoever, in fact it would have been a major surprise if he hadnt been sacked, why does someone keep saying he was their most successful manager ever?? he didnt win anything, surely that makes him less successful then Mourinho? meh....i like the guy but he was never gonna have a fair crack at the whip

to take the prem to the final day of the season and lose the champions league by the width of a goal post is not good enough for Chelsea?? they will not have a happy future im afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,101 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Crazy to think how close Grant actually came to the perfect season and still ended up with nothing!

-1 result away from winning the league,
    -1 result away from winning the champions league
    -1 result away from winning the carling cup
    -and had they gotten past the mighty barnsly it would have been hard to not see them winning the FA cup the way it played out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Will the likes of Hiddink, Rijkaard etc. accept not being allowed to pick their own team for big matches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Rijkkard to be re united with Ten Cate. Abramovich will then have his sexy football, and no one would bet against it being very successful either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,101 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

gimmick wrote: »
    Rijkkard to be re united with Ten Cate. Abramovich will then have his sexy football, and no one would bet against it being very successful either.

I think this will happen too. He's one of the only ones they're linked with that isn't of the 'steam roller/defensive' school of management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

Whispers suggesting that Chelsea are going for Lippi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Grant did a great job to take Chelski to CL final as well as taking ManU to the last day of the season in the Premiership.

Ruthless move by Chelsea, but dont think Grant is a Top Class Manager and the had to act quickly to get a quality Manager for next season. Tough but correct decesion. Jose is a hard act to follow.

Lets hope Rikkard or Eriksonn gets the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Let's hope they don't :)

I think Stan should get a go....

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

A guy I know in the car hire business was telling me he got a call to book a car to collect Avram Grant from the airport and bring him to the Stadium of Light.
    Avram Grant in charge of Sunderland? That'd be a weird combination!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

A guy I know in the car hire business was telling me he got a call to book a car to collect Avram Grant from the airport and bring him to the Stadium of Light.
    Avram Grant in charge of Sunderland? That'd be a weird combination!

really? coz i might just throw a tenner on that at 4/1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Locked.

There is no need to bump this thread,you will confuse the lads from down the country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement