Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Ebay Outlet - Refurbished?

• 24-05-2008 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Anyone ever buy a refurbished machine? Are they usually good condition? Just customer returns? Or have the been repaired / frankenstein'd together?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

usually have minor scratches or part missing, will say in listing what grade of scratch it has grade 1 or grade 2

usually very good condition machines, normal 1 year warrenty

but they'ed be returned machines i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I bought a laptop on the dell ebay outlet a few months back for 850 and its perfect! It was costing around 1200 new on the dell site!

It was in perfect condition, even still had plastic on it in places. Ive seen loads of reports from people on here and the machines are usually perfect. It also came with a full warranty but I haven't had any need to use it!

The next time I buy a laptop it will probably be from there too, they are generally great value.
    One thing though, if your going to buy one pick the one you want but don't bid on it. Wait until the last few seconds or use a site like www.ezsniper.com. Just don't enter a bidding war.

Good Luck!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The Inspiron I got today was in perfect nick too, still has plastic on it. It did, however come in a box that said XPS, which it isn't. Other than that, I found that the OS was installed 15 days ago. Happy enough with it, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

Good to hear the machines are in good condition
    Redisle wrote: »
    I bought a laptop on the dell ebay outlet a few months back for 850 and its perfect! It was costing around 1200 new on the dell site!

It was in perfect condition, even still had plastic on it in places. Ive seen loads of reports from people on here and the machines are usually perfect. It also came with a full warranty but I haven't had any need to use it!

The next time I buy a laptop it will probably be from there too, they are generally great value.
    One thing though, if your going to buy one pick the one you want but don't bid on it. Wait until the last few seconds or use a site like www.ezsniper.com. Just don't enter a bidding war.

Good Luck!

I just setup EZ sniper :) Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Just be wary using the Outlet, some people , especailly now that its common knowledge it exists, go crazy with the bidding paying upto and sometimes over what the machines worth...but yes I have bought an Inspiron 1300 a year ago from them for my g/f and it was flawless,excleent value *if* you restrain yourself sometimes. All it takes is patience to find the right bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

dell outlet site here also www.dell.ie/do

doing €80 off and free delivery atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Redisle wrote: »

Good Luck!

Jesus Christ I hate that ****ing app, nothing worse than losing an auction literally in the last second. I'll never stoop so low as to use it!

It can only beat you if the person is willing to pay more than you...

So if your not stingy... You win! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Online1

Does anyone have a direct number for dell ebay outlet.

I am trying these numbers since morning to pay for my laptop but getting a recorded message that the lines are closed. :(
    1850 200 791
    1850 200 778

Anyone any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 digitalsnap

I've been trying since 9:00:01 this morning as well (earlier paid, earlier it's shipped I figure!) but have the same problem. I guess they're closed for the day and hopefully we'll have better luck tomorrow. It's strange that there is no notice on the outlet web site though.

• Advertisement

Online1 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a direct number for dell ebay outlet.

I am trying these numbers since morning to pay for my laptop but getting a recorded message that the lines are closed. :(
    1850 200 791
    1850 200 778

Anyone any ideas?

Same problem here, I asked in a live chat on the Dell site, I was told they are closed today....

Its a bank holiday in the UK so maybe its the same sales team

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Online1

^^ Yes that may be the reason, its bank holiday in UK.

True, they should have mentioned on their website or in the confirmation mail they sent for ebay sales.

It would have saved some time for all of us.

Just wondering if the laptops come with all the original accessories / discs?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I recieved a dell outlet laptop yesterday. So far I've noticed two things wrong with it.

ONE. The system I had ordered ,clearly stated the machine had an 8400 video card. I didn't mind the machine being without this ,as long as it worked fine.

TWO:mad:. I can't get bluetooth working on the machine ,the on option is chosen in the bios but it's not being picked up in vista. I can only presume it's not there ,if so I'm sending the machine back.

I've double checked the bios ,theres no listing of bluetooth in the system listing. There is an option to turn bluetooth on in the bios ,obviously it's standard but they've taken it out.

Sham artists.

Return it!

I got the impression from the guy on the phone that my laptop would arrive without any accessories / documentation / discs :mad:

Just the laptop / charger :/

It better include the remote control as its basically part of the laptop....

Stuck out a call to dell there about 30 minutes ago ,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56062332&postcount=54

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

yoshytoshy: Which model laptop is it? I used to assemble Dell laptops, and with most models it is very easy to access the bluetooth card. It might just be loose. There's disassembly guides on the website.

If it is missing they should be able to send you out one.

Advertisement