Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent place to buy a bike

Options
  • 24-05-2008 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Whats crackin,

I'm looking to get back into street riding again, just this time on a decent bike. Any sites around or places I can call into to have a nosey around?

I remember cycleways on parnell street used to have an ok selection, just a bit pricey. Not sure how much I wanna spend yet. Any places of note I should check or sites?

I will most likely be hittin bushy once I get my paws on one since I live 5 minutes away.

Will.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

www.theboardroom.ie is your only man. They have really decent bikes and they a good price too. If you want to check out a bike before you buy it, you can just ring them up (phone number on website) and meet one of the lads to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

hey man i think you messaged me about my ad in adverts its still for sale if your interested im in the states at the mo but you can view it in my house anytime you want 20inch frame and im open to offers as i just want to get rid of it

if you have decided to go new sorry for advertising in your thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Nah wasn't me peakoutput, sorry.

I checked out the boardroom, some high end bikes there alright. Might give the lads a ring.

cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

www.chainreactioncycles.com free shipping, reliable and great prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

Wilburt wrote: »

I checked out the boardroom

Just to let you know, the board room are opening their shop in Greystones today. They seem to have a nice range of bikes in store as well as everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 13 radar_marglar

hey wilburt, tried to contact you etc etc . ive a realy good bmx for sale, its a redline triple x. with extra rims, an added front ad, chrome rims, big brake pads,stolen sprocket, a khe geisha hub with 14mm axle, great for ramps, street, dirt, spins real well, n enough leg room for tricks etc , its in the bikes for sale section on adverts .ie hope ta hear from ya, ps, its well looked after i was a bike mechanic for many years in cycleways amongst others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Thanks for the replies guys. Will check it out, still considering it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Terz

seriously dans comp its an american internet bmx company all top brands name full set ups or everything thing you need to make your own custom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

You'll get done for vat and import duty bringing it in from the US. I'd recomend the boardroom the owners ride and know their stuff, and you can actually see what you're getting and then ride it up the road to the skatepark and start shredding the gnar!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Terz

Terz wrote: »

yes you do

i got done for 300 after i got my bike off them years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Terz wrote: »

Also consider a complete bike gets shipped in TWO boxes and costs approx $200 to ship....and DansComp will, and they ALWAYS do declare the true value of the item they ship. So you'll have to pay VAT & Duty on the $200 cost of shipping on top of what the bike cost. IT also takes anywhere from 2-6 weeks if it's a large box. I know, I've waited on bike parts from the US before in the past.

Boardroom for the win personally. I get all my stuff there. No hassle, cool guys and happy customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

SUPPORT THE IRISH SCENE!!!

LIVE IN IRELAND - RIDE OR SKATE IN IRELAND - BUY IN IRELAND

NUFF SAID

if ireland is as much of a rip off as it was when i was riding and has as little selection then its no wonder that people have to look elsewere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

PeakOutput wrote: »
    if ireland is as much of a rip off as it was when i was riding and has as little selection then its no wonder that people have to look elsewere

It's not a rip off here though. Buying a bike here, a GOOD bike from a decent shop compared to the states, with the shipping costs and taxes/duty/VAT means very little difference in price, maybe a savings of €50 from the states IF your lucky, also with alot more hassle waiting for it to arrive frm the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Groe

Advertisement