Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone any ideas on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

All the hallmarks of a fox, these will bite off more than they can chew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Possibly a fox although its different behavior then normal.
    I've seen a very similar job done by two neighbours dogs and bizarrely enough saw another similar one done by a cat although it only killed two.

I tend to come at this in a different way to most, anytime we lost a hen or five, instead of getting revenge we tended to bump up security on their enclosure.

Most people don't understand how a fox works, they treat food very similarly to humans as in they think ahead.
    I know it seems that they kill for fun but thats not true when they get a chance they'll kill several animals but if their not disturbed they come back and take all their kills and bury and hide them in several different locations so they'll have food stored when its scarce.

I know if this was a fox this make no difference to you and your probably thinking to go f*** yourself but I lost many a hen to a fox so decided to learn about them.
    And just thought I'd share it being its a nature forum.

Do you have many neighbours with wandering dogs.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Its awful to find your chicken killed! Similar happened to me few years back.

The fox he kills them all to stop them squalking and attracting attention. Mink were also mentioned, if it was mink you should see puncture holes on their bodies somewhere, as they go for the blood. You would have to live near a river big or small for it to be mink.

Advertisement