Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done lads!

Options
  • 24-05-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats to Munster on another fine European Cup win.

You did the Province and city proud again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

bazz26 wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Also +1

Slightly OT, I saw cop cars and paddy wagons in Castletroy driving around with full sirens around 8pm. Trouble out in Synotts? Didn't they have a big screen up?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mr E wrote: »
    Also +1

Slightly OT, I saw cop cars and paddy wagons in Castletroy driving around with full sirens around 8pm. Trouble out in Synotts? Didn't they have a big screen up?

Unfortunately this is the downside to people going out drinking early when there is a big match on. Was in around town about 21:00 and it was getting a bit messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Had a great day out, great atmosphere loved every minute of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

synotts was briliant for the match, left as soon as it ended though..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bazz26 wrote: »

+1 from me too.

Town was amazing yesterday, a perfect place to watch the match. Apart from a few kids with fog-horns the crowd was really enjoyable. (Paul) O'Connell St was a great place to be. The city centre was a canvasss of colour, and the sunshine really added to the atmosphere as well. Hope the victory parade goes well today!

Shame to hear about trouble in Synnot's though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Anyone know what time the Victory parade is on.
    Hopefully there will be a big turn out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anyone know what time the Victory parade is on.
    Hopefully there will be a big turn out.

They were advertising a 4:00pm parade yesterday, but I think 95fm said it might be starting even earlier. I think they're re-playing the match on the screen until the team bus arrives. Hope that's of help to you :)

An Fhile wrote: »

Shame to hear about trouble in Synnot's though...

for the record, is there any actual evidence of trouble at synotts? i heard nothing and live across the road, and was there for the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

An Fhile wrote: »
    (Paul) O'Connell St was a great place to be.

Here's hoping the city council might see some sense and rename it. The campaign starts here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Georgie Boy

Mr E wrote: »
    Also +1

You can dress a pig up in a suit but it will still grunt

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

zuroph wrote: »
    for the record, is there any actual evidence of trouble at synotts? i heard nothing and live across the road, and was there for the match.

Yes, it is on the news today. A large number of people had to be seperated or taken to cop shops, and six have been charged this morning. Seems Munster fans were beating up Munster fans, although I think the term fans should be used lightly for these idiots, and they would defo not be typical of any Munster fan I know.

is it any wonder i went to Galway this weekend
    I knew this would happen.
    I think everyone will agree that i've been vindicated

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

A few drunken idiots had a fight after been on the tear all day?
    It happens all over the country every weekend just happens their was a match on same time:mad:
    Dont try and tie this to the munster supporters who behave brilliantly wherever they travel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

+1
    i didn't left the house until 9pm and coming back home at 2:30am was disgusting. extremely drunk people in red t-shirts stumbling over each other, roaring abuse, shouting and vomitting... kind of a normal early sunday morning in limerick though... Well done lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

In today's Examiner, the Gardai said they had no major incidents in Limerick at the weekend.

The usual line of whingers are lining up to knock Limerick. Change the record lads, hundreds of thousands of people saw the real Limerick on Saturday, you should be proud of the town and not picking on a few drunken idiots. Course, some people are happy when they complain.

i'm ashamed to be from Limerick sometimes
    all the defenders of Limerick say ''oh its that D4 media stirring trouble''
    or
    ''the violence is contained to a small area''

the facts are its not, Limerick is a stain on ireland
    If i could turn back time i would move my mater and pater up the country yah, preferrably somewhere exclusive like Ballsbridge so i could be proud of where i'm from, not having to escape to another county full of boggers in wranglers to watch a rugby match

Edit : I see one of our defenders is quick to jump on this

Don't worry, we're all ashamed your from Limerick.

(Don't really think you are from Limerick btw, bit weird you appear just to stir trouble in the build up to the match.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

God if only you had stayed in Galway...

this happened at synotts? i did see one guy trying to start aggro, he was running a van selling stuff out there, but he left at half time i think.

• Advertisement

all the defenders of Limerick say ''oh its that D4 media stirring trouble''
    or
    ''the violence is contained to a small area''

the facts are its not, Limerick is a stain on ireland
    If i could turn back time i would move my mater and pater up the country yah, preferrably somewhere exclusive like Ballsbridge so i could be proud of where i'm from, not having to escape to another county full of boggers in wranglers to watch a rugby match

Edit : I see one of our defenders is quick to jump on this

you could have gotten a nice cheap ryanair flight to tolouse and watched it there.

house prices are cheap at the moment, move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Could someone sponsor me a ticket to that parallel universe? That Limerick you are living in? That Limerick in Cockoo Land on that pink Cloud 9?
    A one way ticket will do it. No urge to face reality. Thank you!

i'm born and bred in Limerick, i've also been a long time lurker here but i decided to join a few weeks ago
    I just think a lot of people have their head up their ars*s
    Face reality and the facts
    Limerick is not this haven you all think it is
    My argument about going to Galway was based on the knowledge and foresight that Limerick would be a vile place to be Saturday nite
    And just cos the Examiner or whatever doesnt report it, doesnt mean that there wasn't a lot of violence
    My mates a guard another is a paramedic, they didnt even have tiome for a cup of coffee all day Saturday and the early hours of Sunday

As i said earlier, you can dress a pig in a suit but it will still grunt

Could someone sponsor me a ticket to that parallel universe? That Limerick you are living in? That Limerick in Cockoo Land on that pink Cloud 9?
    A one way ticket will do it. No urge to face reality. Thank you!

I would suggest a good dose of "cheering-up" and a little bit of "stop being so negative" would help you travel there.

I'm under no illusions about Limerick, but I'm also certain it's going in the right direction.

We are seeing the city centre re-built, we are getting a top level sports stadium which will hold gigs (Thomond), we have agencies re-developing the housing estates, we have CAB targetting the gangs, we have a top level university, we are getting new clubs and pubs.

You (in particular) seem to love seeing the downside to everything. If you hate the place, maybe, just maybe, you should go off into that big, bright world out there and find somewhere you love?

Sorry for taking the thread off topic, but if you can't enjoy Limerick on the day Munster win the HEC, you never will and for your own good, perhaps you are needed elsewhere?

1huge1 wrote: »
    God if only you had stayed in Galway...

because they dont have the internet there?

thats ireland georgie, not limerick. i go out all around the country and see the same thing everywhere. galway does seem to be an exception, but its starting to get worse up there now.

i'm born and bred in Limerick, i've also been a long time lurker here but i decided to join a few weeks ago
    I just think a lot of people have their head up their ars*s
    Face reality and the facts
    Limerick is not this haven you all think it is
    My argument about going to Galway was based on the knowledge and foresight that Limerick would be a vile place to be Saturday nite
    And just cos the Examiner or whatever doesnt report it, doesnt mean that there was a lot of violence
    My mates a guard another is a paramedic, they didnt even have tiome for a cup of coffee all day Saturday and the early hours of Sunday

As i said earlier, you can dress a pig in a suit but it will still grunt

And I've mates who are doctors and nurses in Galway, their A&E is just as busy as ours on a Saturday night. I wish I didn't have to be the adult to break this news to you.

And I've mates who are doctors and nurses in Galway, their A&E is just as busy as ours on a Saturday night. I wish I didn't have to be the adult to break this news to you.

how many are lying there with bloody heads in Munster jerseys

oink oink

So, anyway, congratulations to Munster for winning the Heineken Cup on Saturday! I think that's what this thread is about...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Well done Munster.
    Fans behaved impeccably On Sunday at homecoming. Enjoyed by all.

However, usual references to drinking made by guys on stage only reinforce pressure on young people to go out and get drunk. Many direct references to going drinking to celebrate. On a negative note ; many young peoples lives will be ruined by drink after following the PERCEIVED example of our sporting heroes. On a positive note; many will be inspired by Munsters success and will become great sports people themselves.

I hope someday these Iconic heroes will speak out against alcohol abuse which is rampant in Ireland.

Advertisement