Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done lads!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sosulio

1huge1 wrote: »
    God if only you had stayed in Galway...

Living in Galway myself I couldnt help noticing that the galway thread wanted to see the back off him as early as Friday before he'd even arrived!

WAtched the match in Synnotts. Saw a scuffle break out between a crowd rough looking characters like fish out of water, guards were all over it in minutes and that was it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Georgie Boy

sosulio wrote: »
    Living in Galway myself I couldnt help noticing that the galway thread wanted to see the back off him as early as Friday before he'd even arrived!

WAtched the match in Synnotts. Saw a scuffle break out between a crowd rough looking characters like fish out of water, guards were all over it in minutes and that was it!
    some people like me, others hate me
    The unfashionable boggers tend to fall into the 'not-liking' category
    I put it down to jealousy, hence my disdain from the galwegian board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Well done Munster.
    Fans behaved impeccably On Sunday at homecoming. Enjoyed by all.

However, usual references to drinking made by guys on stage only reinforce pressure on young people to go out and get drunk. Many direct references to going drinking to celebrate. On a negative note ; many young peoples lives will be ruined by drink after following the PERCEIVED example of our sporting heroes. On a positive note; many will be inspired by Munsters success and will become great sports people themselves.

I hope someday these Iconic heroes will speak out against alcohol abuse which is rampant in Ireland.

A few of the team are teetotal, afaik. Stringer and DOC are (iirc).

to play at that level, you can't drink all that much. Can't blame the guys who do drink for wanting a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

is it any wonder i went to Galway this weekend
    I knew this would happen.
    I think everyone will agree that i've been vindicated

Somebody should congratulate you for your foresight George. Although as other posters have said, Large quantities of alcohol + A few aggressive gob****es = Inevitable violence. Although obviously violent incidents weren't limited to Limerick - has anyone heard the latest on the Clare Munster fan who was mugged in Bristol? http://www.clarefm.ie/newsCNU/news.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

sosulio wrote: »

Heard 2nd hand: The bunch of "rough looking characters" were messing about when a guard (who was known to them) came up and asked them who wanted to be arrested.
    One jokingly said "Me!" and was arrested.
    2 more were arrested for saying "You can't do that!".
    The father of one of them came out and got himself arrested and somebody filming the event had his camera smashed (and was also arrested).

Just another normal day in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

A normal day in limerick?
    Go for a walk down town today im sure youll be dodging bullets and avoiding missiles all the way down oconnell street is such a violent place!
    Simple you dont like it get out but the grass aint always greener on the other side i can assure you of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

i'm born and bred in Limerick, i've also been a long time lurker here but i decided to join a few weeks ago
    I just think a lot of people have their head up their ars*s
    Face reality and the facts
    Limerick is not this haven you all think it is
    My argument about going to Galway was based on the knowledge and foresight that Limerick would be a vile place to be Saturday nite
    And just cos the Examiner or whatever doesnt report it, doesnt mean that there wasn't a lot of violence
    My mates a guard another is a paramedic, they didnt even have tiome for a cup of coffee all day Saturday and the early hours of Sunday

As i said earlier, you can dress a pig in a suit but it will still grunt

So I am a new poster to this whole Boards craic but a regular reader and just was motivated to join over the last few days by Georgie Boy. Between reading your posts on this topic and also on the Angel Lane topic, you have to be the most synical person ever. I no you are prob tryin to rise people to annoy this but in fairness, get a life. If you hate Limerick so much, MOVE!! Dont think you will be any loss and I really dont think you are making any contribution to this page!!!
    BTW, in all fairness, can anyone actually believe that on the night Munster win the HEC the town would be nice and quiet??? In yesterdays Leader, while the guards said that up to 30 people were arrested, all were for public order, no assualts and nothing serious. I wonder how many people were arrested in Cork Sat night???

End of rant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

What's the title of this Topic again ?????:o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What's the title of this Topic again ?????:o

I believe it is Well done lads! in reference to Munster rugby team's second Heineken European Cup victory, as witnessed by 80,000 people in Cardiff last Saturday evening and celebrated by a further 20,000 in Limerick City on Sunday. :);)

Or else I've completely misunderstood this whole thread... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

town was brilliant all day on saturday. i had a fantastic time.

off topic again but did someone say thhomond will be holding concerts??? surely the residents wont let that happen.

it would be great to see, last saturday showed that Limerick is capable of pulling off big events.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

RINO87 wrote: »

off topic again but did someone say thhomond will be holding concerts??? surely the residents wont let that happen.

it would be great to see, last saturday showed that Limerick is capable of pulling off big events.

Why would the residents stop concerts? As long as the same restrictions that are in place as everywhere else re crowd control and closing times it would be fine.

The head of the Munster Branch said they were looking at bringing concerts there once it re-opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

RINO87 wrote: »

Dont think the residents would have a say anymore. Could be wrong but thought that was included in the planning application already. For a facility like TP to have concerts it has to have planning permission...like Croke Park which has planning for 3 a year.

Advertisement