Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scraping sound from wheel

Options
  • 24-05-2008 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

Got my brake pads changed few weeks back and a new brake disc on one wheel. Wheel makes a scraping noise like the pad is scraping off the inside of the rim. Is this normal? It doesnt sound too good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

pads should not scrape or rub, take it back to where you got it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Could it just be a stone jumped into the pad??, I've had this in the past
    If you cant get to garage soon, pop off the wheel and have a nosey round..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

take it back , theres a groove in the disk.... not safe.... get a refund or full repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A stone caught between the disc and the cowl seems the most likely cause. Have this checked first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Could be a nut or split pin that they forgot to replace when they were doing the job that got wedged between the disk and calliper, I wouldnt drive the car until I got it checked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

Probably just a dust shield slightly bent and so rubbibg on a disk, very common. Since we are talking about brakes and its not possible for anyone to tell for sure online what the problem is then you should get them looked at asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Ya thanks will get them checked. Thought I'd ask just in case it was the new disc and pad breaking in or something. Cheers

Advertisement