Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allergy testing

Options
  • 24-05-2008 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

When I was younger, I used to have allergic reactions to most soaps and washing powders, but I thought I had grown out of it. I've had no apparent skin allergies for about 8 years now

I think I have it back now as I'm becoming covered with itchy welts and spots! I just started to develop them this morning. I've tried to think back if I've done something different or bought a new product or been in contact with something out of the ordinary, but I can't think of anything. The only thing is that I've been on antibotics for 2 weeks, the course ended yesterday, and my skin became quite dry from the antibotics.

However, I can't be sure what is causing it because this is the first time I've had a reaction in ages, and it's driving me mad and I don't want it to happen again! Has anyone ever had allergy testing done? I've seen health shops offer it but I don't think it's as accurate as a proper medical one. If so, where can one go to get allergy testing? Can it be done in a GP or do they refer you somewhere? Also, is it expensive? What is the procedure like?

Any information or advise would be appreciated. Also, I'm currently using a hydrocortisione cream to try to combate the breakout.

Advertisement